Lanta Sunny House

Lanta Sunny House
Agoda.com Booking.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• The most HORRIBLE place I have ever stayed!

My husband and I went to Thailand on our honeymoon and we decided to hop from one island to another. Tour agency in Ao Nang found this nice looking hotel with ok looking bungalows. It was February, busy season and last minute, so it wasn’t much available. As soon as we arrived we figured it’s not what we expected. Rooms are not clean, we found a few mouse droppings in the bathroom, beach is not too close, but the worst thing is staff. All of them are very rude, absolutely not pleasant, never smile, seems like they doing you a favor. We rented a bike from the owner, returning the bike was a worst memory. We forgot about the time and returned it later then we supposed to, the owner “very nice lady” yelled at us and charged double price, not ever considering our apologies. We were out there the next day, found a lot better place, where the owner let us stay in one of his best suites for the same place. By the way the bungalows where twice cheaper as well. I would not recommend Sunny House to anybody, awful place!

THIRD TIME STAY

As with previous visits to Koh Lanta I decided to stay at the Lanta Sunny House, the difference this time is that I was with my girlfriend. After arriving on the peir we got a taxi to take us here and I was hoping that we could find a room as we came over the Thai New Year. Once I arrived and some of the staff remembered me I found, out we were lucky to get the room, before the crowd arrived a couple of days later.
    We decided to take an air-con room forthe first two days but then we had to move as somebody had already booked this room during the festival. The air-con room was 800bht per night and the room they moved us into was a normal room for 350bht a night. It was all good as the beach was still just a few minutes away so we didn't stay in the room during the day much.
    As always I would recoomend this place and stay here again myself, mainly because it is a very peaceful and relaxing area and the staff are all quite friendly. The new air-con rooms are a bonus now for sure and you can't beat the price.

Unique Quality: All of the facilities were the same from before, except 4 of the bungalows were now air conditioned, and there were at least 6-8 new ones built.

Directions: See previous tip for more information

RETURN TO SEE GOOD PEOPLE

After spending the night in Krabi, I caught a taxi to the pier, waiting for my boat to Koh Lanta.
    I wanted to go to the Lanta Sunny House because it was a good place the year before, and it was also very close to Bamboo Tattoo. After many other offers while on the pier, I finally spotted a familar face, the same lady that sold us the rooms the year before. I made my way up to her and she recoginzed me right away. After talking for awile she told me she would take care of everything and away we went.
    I picked a new room that they had recently finished building and it was quit good. The room came with a double and single bed, fan, bathroom, with a deck, all for 300bht a night.

Unique Quality: These rooms were once again even closer to the beach then my previous trip. This was very nice if you want to get in a quick swim.
    The restaurant was still great but now they also offer internet service as well.

Directions: Pha-Ae Beach

NEAR THE BEACH

We stayed in a two bed guesthouse for 400bht per night. The room that we had was average size and had a decent bathroom/shower inside it. My room was with a fan only but there are other guesthouses on site that provide air if needed (see tips on power outages).
    I would recommend this place to others because, the staff here are very friendly and the rooms are simple, clean, but very reasonable in price.

Unique Quality: From the back of my guesthouse the beach is about a two minute walk down the path. The guesthouse is also very close to a store and two resturants (see tips), one of which is located on the site.
    The resturant on site also has a good selection of DVD movies you can watch whenever you want.

Directions: Located on Long Beach(Phra-Ae Beach) about a 20 minute ride from the main pier.

Comments