Lanta Thip House

361 Moo 2 Klong Khong Beach, Saladan, Ko Lanta, 81150, Thailand
Lanta Thip House
Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

More about Ko Lanta

Sunshine at lastSunshine at last

BOB AND I-Koh LantaBOB AND I-Koh Lanta

TransportTransport

Enjoy the sunset.Enjoy the sunset.

Lanta Resort

by schusz

Hi.

I'm going to stay in Lanta Resort on Long Beach next February. I'm trying to find out something about this resort but I can't find any info about it, it's quite a new resort, i guess from 2007 but still no reviews. I wonder if it even exist. Anybody heard about it?

Thanks

Re: Lanta Resort

by Doffcocker

Hi,

It exists - see this thread on Tripadvisor

PS apologies for the duplication if it was you who asked that question on TA under a different screen name

Travel Tips for Ko Lanta

SQUID FISHING AT DUSK

by mamasan69

While hanging out and spending time with the guys from Bamboo Tattoo, they asked if I would like to go fishing. I had never fished for squid before so I was very excited to try this out. This was still early in the afternoon, so we sat back and waited until the "right " time, and had a few drinks.
At about 5:00pm we all went down to the beach and within minutes, I had my first ever squid. It was quite a small specimen, but I was happy because I was the first to catch one. We ended up catching 20 that day and when the sun went down, had a big BBQ back at the tattoo shop.
I went out fishing with these guys a number of times after this, and had a great experience, learning and watching them fish. I learned very fast that they can attach to your hand in a hurry, and they are a good shot with the ink. Oh well, this was all part of the fun, and trying something new. Any of the gear can be purchased locally, and really not too much is needed. A casting rod, minnow lures, and a plastic bag are all a person needs.
If you are like me, beer, sunglasses and smokes were also a requirement...hehe.

Ko Jum (1)

by jenniferchin

My impressions of Ko Jum (a little quiet island between Ko Lanta and Krabi) :

I bought a return boat ticket from Saladan, Ko Lanta for 170 bhat. I had to take the ferry that goes to Krabi and hop off halfway. So, there I was on the ferry ~ very excited about this outing as I have been wanting to check this place out. Its still pretty much secluded (not much info on the internet) and sounded pretty pristine to me ... and I was so right !

The boat ride took about an hour and I was on the beach at 9am. Ko Jum is very very laidback, hardly any development over on the (west) beach, save for a few bungalows. Just the sound of the wind and the waves.

I basked in the sun until noon .. or rather, until it got too hot. I lazed about in the restaurant over at New Bungalows until about 3pm. That was when I had to take my boat back to Ko Lanta.

Comments