272 Moo 3 Saladan, Phra-Ae Beach, Ko Lanta, 81150, Thailand

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Layana Resort and Spa

Magical Moments @ Layana

by TripAdvisor Member A&TLuxury

My wife and I just came back from Layana and we can’t wait to share our magical experience with avid resort goers. For this year, we have gone to Evason Phuket (Feb 06), Banyan Tree Bintan (Apr 06) and Treetops Arasia (Jun 06). We must say that Layana has given us the best experience till date.

We stayed for 5 days from 26 Oct to 30 Oct. As we have read all the wonderful comments about Layana, we had very high expectations before we arrived. Once we have reached the grounds of Layana, the GM, Michael was at the reception to greet us. It was a pleasant surprise and he made us felt like home immediately. Welcome drinks and cold face towels scented with jasmine were served without hesitation. What a relief after a 2-hour road trip from Krabi airport!

We stayed in the Garden Pavilions that comes with a balcony and a very good size bathroom. The room is extremely clean and housekeeping is always very prompt. The balcony is a good place to spent reflecting thoughts. One great thing about Layana is its serenity and quietness. Definitely a good place for couples to spend precious moments together. Layana uses carpet grass (those that you find on golf courses) all around its ground, which brings out the truth of the saying, “the grass is always greener on the other side” and its on Layana…They have done such a great job for making Layana like Garden of Eden so you can expect to hear birds chirping most of the time!

The spa is 2-storeyed and had a few treatment rooms, so you will need to book in advance to avoid disappointment. We tried the Layana signature massage and it was very good compared to the many massages that we had tried at other reputable spas. The therapists were able to identify the problem areas before we mentioned to them. It was definitely value-for-money!

The staffs are very willing to go the extra mile for you and with great enthusiasm! We had our lunch on the first day of arrival. A very young waiter (Watchara) spotted a rim of oil in our ice water because we ate bread & butter and he immediately offered to change our new glasses (where do you get to find such meticulous service!?). Aran (male staff) and Ya (female staff) at the Tides restaurant gave us extremely good service throughout out stay. Aran even went all the way to arrange for an extra table for us for a BBQ buffet dinner on the beach when we decided to go for it last minute. Based on previous comments, yes, the menu was extensive and the variety was good with some specials each night. The food was great and the BBQ buffet is not to be missed!

The Sundowners Beach Bar is a great place to hangout especially during sunset. There is even in the menu drinks designed for enjoying the sunset experience. Just beside the Sundowners is the infinity edge pool. And the pool is just in front of the beach. And yes, the pool’s water is saltish (saline), which makes it unique! When you swim towards the beach direction, you get the feeling that the pool is connected to the sea, that’s what the infinity edge pool is designed for. The view from swimming towards the other direction, you get to see scenic hills behind the main building. Perfect layout! Just beside the pool is the Jacuzzi that can sit up to 12 people at a time and it’s huge enough for personal space & comfort.

The beach had a magnificent view with clear blue skies and white sand. They have sufficient sundeck chairs both on the beach & at the pool at all times. The pool staffs are always on their toes to serve the guests. We never really have to wait for towels and they will set up the sundeck chairs & umbrellas promptly. Sunset at Layana is a must-see. From the pool, you will have a 180-degree view of the sea and it makes the ocean look like a gigantic infinity edge pool. You got to be there to experience it!

There are a couple of tips we will like to share. For guests who find that the staffs at Layana who cannot really speak good English, try to communicate with them slowly, using simple words. As Layana is a very quiet resort, it is definitely not a place of happenings but to fully enjoy the richness of its tranquility.

The whole stay was beyond our expectations and the experience we had was a notch above the 5* resorts treatment. We will be back, definitely!

Everyone needs some time at Layana

by TripAdvisor Member Googs99

I was going to start by saying that my husband and I might be a little biased with our glowing review of Layana because it is going to be our 'special place' after getting married there this October. However, as a wedding couple I will argue that we would have been one of Layana's most critical customers.

Four years ago, on Ray Lei's beach, we decided that if we were going to get married that this was the place. And after following the reviews on Trip Advisor and talking to others, we arranged our wedding to be at Layana. We could not have asked for anything more from the moment we were picked up from the airport to the time we were dropped at our ferry.

All of our guests have expressed the same sentiment; that the staff at Layana couldn't have been more accomodating and friendly, the grounds and rooms more beautiful and the service... think about anything and the staff will have it in front of you before you have a chance to ask them.

The rooms were fantastic and the food at the restaurant was outstanding. The pool was brilliant and clean, and for those that like activities the entertainment staff would arrange dive boats to pick you up from the beach to take you anywhere that you wanted to go. Additionally they had daily activities (like wine tasting and sunset cruises on their boat) that were arranged for anyone that wanted to get involved.

Those who are thinking of have their wedding, honeymoon or any celebration at Layana, we couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Thailand is such a great place...

by R.Dettmann

Thailand is such a great place for traveling!
You'll always be able to find a place to stay. I stayed in this Bungalow on Koh Lanta for 2 weeks.
2$ a night

Koh Lanta accomodation

by chiarasf about Dream Team Beach resort

I was in Ko Lanta in december last year and I stayed at Dream Team Beach Resort:
It was very nice and quite with a lovely pool and a good restaurant.
I found the best rate here:

The best family resort on the island

by XBlanka about Oon Lee Bungalows

This was our lucky choice we made at Koh Phi Phi. You have to make a previous booking on some island or directly at the Oon Lee resort because they have to pick you up from your destination with longtail boat. We took the ferry boat (300 THB / 1 person) that goes from Krabi to Koh Lanta, and got off on halfway at Koh Jum. The longtail boats were waiting there ready to take us to the island. The Oon Lee bungalows were built in 2004 and will offer you incredible comfort for 600 THB / 1 night / 2 persons. They are placed on the steep slope so be prepared for everyday stair walking up and down and up in 30 C. The owners – Mr. Oon Lee and Mrs. Valerie (French) – are very friendly and will do everything so you can feel there like at home.

No real reson to stay...

by TripAdvisor Member Barefootwalking

It is inevitable that one ends up trying make comparisons between Layana and Pimalai if one is considering going to Koh Lanta and is looking for high quality accomodation. Simply because there is not a great deal else to choose from.

In october 2006 I had the opportunity to try both, one week at Pimalai and one week at Layana. Winner: Pimalai by a mile.

The Pimalai Resort on the southern end of the island is probably one of the 10 best beach resort in Thailand. At Bakantiang Beach the scenery is fantastic with the rugged quiet almost lonely beach, the jungle backdrop, the shady trees, the mountainside and the setting of the resort. Everywhere you go at Pimalai there is a great view. Pimalai is a very well run resort in many respects. Fine rooms. Great staff. Breakfast is also a highlight with one of the best hotel breakfast I have ever had in Thailand.

The Layana is a different story. It is simply not playing in the same league. A lot has to do with the location and the surroundings. Grounds are completely flat and the beach is full of garbage. Also note that while the beach is quite long there are almost no coconut trees or other natural woods. Almost the whole length of the beach is backed with a single row of casuaringa trees. The resort is quite small. Although rooms are quite nice in my opinion there are no views or gardens to speak of. Pool is nice though and the thai staff very helpful. A major bore is the breakfast.

No, as long as Pimalai is there and doing what they are doing there is no real resaon to stay at Layana.

Beautiful and tranquil

by TripAdvisor Member jenspk

Stayed five days at Layana. The first impression (entrance, views, check-in service etc) was top notch and the resort never let us down during our stay. Absolutely marvellous place, delicately laid out (not 'building crowded' as in so many places) with a pool just by the edge of the beach. Service, food, staff, everything was great.

My only complaint would be that Koh Lanta was extremely quiet during low season, and activities very limited. The bar closed at 11PM (the latest on the island....). I never thought I would like staying in one resort that much for five days, but there you go....

by aniquez

"Slowly Developing"

Lanta is quite a favourite among backpackers. The ferry to the island from Phi Phi was crowded with them.

"Mind You .. Two 7-11 Shops Here"

"The Small Town"

You can find all the good sea food restaurants here and even internet cafes to update your blog or email

by R.Dettmann

"some Beach in the south of Koh Lanta"

"Lanta Marina Bar"

"Cow"

"Divespot Ko Ha"

That's Ko Ha3 and Ko Ha2 in the back.
Great Divespots which are 1.30 houres away from Koh Lanta.
Ko Ha - means 5, but there are 6 Islands! Someone musta been drunk while counting. To get it fixed they called the biggest Island Ko Ha Yai - which means big!
BEST DIVING on Ko Ha Yai and Ko Ha1!!!
There is a Dome on Ko Ha yai where you can dive up inside - very nice!!! On Ko Ha1 are lots of swimmthrought and a slot from 18m up to 5m - also great! All those Divespots have beautyful corals and fish. The visibility is good throughout the year.

Other great divepots are Ko Bida and Fantasy Rock. They are close to Phi Phi Island and offer lots of corals and fish. There is almost a almost 100% chance of seeing Leopard sharks there. We also saw a gostpipe fish and a seahorse over there. The visibility is often not as good as on Ko Ha, but it can change very fast.

"Koh Lanta Diving Center"

For more informaton check out KOH LANTA DIVING CENTER

"Divespots"

Those are the divespots which you can visit with the Koh Lanta Diving Center!!!
Ko Lanta offers more Divespots than other destinations in the Andaman sea.
My favourites are Hin Muang and Hin Daeng!!!
Two fantastic underwater reefs with lots of fisch.
You might have some current but there is always a place to hide behind! Not as easy to dive than the other Dive spots. Ranked within the Top 10!!!
(There I saw the whaleshark)

KOH LANTA SUNSETS

by mamasan69

"SUNSET#1"

The following pics are of the setting sun on Koh Lanta over the 9 days that I stayed on my last trip.

"SUNSET#2"

They were all taken as we were out fishing for squid at about 5:00-6:00pm every night.

"SUNSET #3"

"SUNSET#4"

"SUNSET#5"

"SUNSET#6"

Almost gone....

"SUNSET#7"

Gone!!!

JumpingMANDYBAILEY, Koh Lanta, ThailandJumpingMANDYBAILEY, Koh Lanta, Thailand

THE FIRST VICTIM-Koh Lanta.THE FIRST VICTIM-Koh Lanta.

SECOND VICTIM-Koh Lanta.SECOND VICTIM-Koh Lanta.

FINAL VICTIM-Koh Lanta.FINAL VICTIM-Koh Lanta.

by mooks21

How do I get to Koh Lanta from Phuket and how much does it cost? Do I need to make hotel reservations in Koh Lanta if I'm travelling on 26 Dec to 1 Jan 05?

Re: Koh Lanta

by brotherleelove

Go to this link to see the ferry schedules from Phuket to Koh Lanta or Krabi to Koh Lanta.

Yes, you need to make reservations. Those days are the Peak of the Peak Season.

Re: Koh Lanta

by brotherleelove

I forgot to mention that from Phuket you have to go to Phi Phi or Krabi first to get to Koh Lanta.

by orchid49

Who is in Koh Lanta now ?
I was in Koh Lanta last Saturday at Kantiang Beach, the southern part of the island. Back from a full day trip to Koh Rok I saw a beautiful huge yacht there with a helicopter. I wonder to whom this yacht belong to and where does it sail..

Koh Lanta or not

by Elgreco77

Can anyone advise, I was planning to spend 7 nights of my SE Asia trip on Koh Lanta, with my last night in Bangkok, we fly to Phuket from Siem Reap. The trouble is everywhere I've tried is either full, has bad reviews ( mainly dirty) or is too expensive. I'm left with Holiday Villas ( only criticism so far is gheckos in rooms) don't mind that as they eat the mossies. Can anyone recommend either another resort or another island within reach of Phuket? We are a middle aged couple, love snorkelling, sunsets etc, and somewhere where there are other bars and restaurants locally, so not too remote. We were planning to fly out of Krabi to Bangkok.
Thanks