69 Moo 8, Ban Klongtob, Ko Lanta, 81150, Thailand

Costs 63% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Ko Lanta

best housebest house

typical transporttypical transport

front of noodle shopfront of noodle shop

the gang at the rivierathe gang at the riviera

lanta with a baby

by clea999

Hi,
anybody been to Ko Lanta recently with a youngish baby? We're going for 2-3 weeks with our one year old son in December (should just miss the absolute peak as we need to be in NZ for Xmas) We need somewhere with 2 rooms but would prefer the low key beach bungalow set up, around klong nin if possible. any ideas?
Also any one know if the stingers are likely to bad in first half of December?

RE: lanta with a baby

by janetmc

All the beaches in Koh Lanta are quiet. We were at the main beach a couple of years ago and it was as laid back as possible. Do not know the status as the events last Dec may have changed certain situations.

Re: lanta with a baby

by dr.curry

Hi

There is not much of a problem travelling with a baby on Lanta. Most places can help you with whatever you need for your kid. My neighbor at White Rock on Klong Nin had a baby with her and she even had a babysitter when she wanted to go out in the evening. I believe you can get help at Niks Garden as well. If you want to get familiar with Lanta, have a look at andamanmap.com. You can see where everything is and get useful info. I didn't have any problems with stingers in december. I did start to feel them in february. Only minor though.

Travel Tips for Ko Lanta

SHORT BUT SWEET STAY

by mamasan69

I would say that a combination of swimming and walking around every day on the quiet, peaceful beach, with nice weather, was highly relaxing especially after Koh Phi PhI.
The second part of my favorite activities would be getting a tattoo the traditional way (with bamboo), an experience that I will always have something to remember it by. After the first three weeks of crowded beaches with lots of tourist activity, it was a very good change to come to Koh Lanta and have a little peace and quiet (during the day anyway).
The people here were great and there was a laid back atmosphere it seemed, everywhere we went. When I return to this island I plan to try a few different things and explore a bit more, but another tattoo will be on the agenda, I can tell you that.

Local snacks

by jenniferchin about Street vendor

This is just like the Roti Canai we have here in Malaysia, with a twist, that is.

- The man first spreads out the kneaded dough on a flat pan to cook it.
- He then adds in a mixture of Raw egg and Mashed fresh banana onto the now-being-formed pancake.
- He then folds the pancake so that the mixture will cook inside and will not spill out.
- After making sure that the pancake is well-cooked, he flips it out and outs in on a paper plate.
- He cuts it up, adds sinful condensed milk AND sprinkles sugar on it.
- Then you eat it :-)

- Warning : Its very very very sweet.

Lovely Ko Lanta

by beaniezotzim

"My Sunset Island"

I loved Ko Lanta. There are many reasons for loving this island, but my main reason was the Beautiful sunsets! (picture sais it all)

Meeting people here was so easy and the atmosphere was so relaxed. I wanted to stay longer, but we still had other destinations on our list. This is a place that I would love to visit again.

Come check it out, you'll see why....

Comments