San Jao, 19 Moo1, 84280, Thailand

Costs 64% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Ko Phangan

Full Moon Party in Ko PhanganFull Moon Party in Ko Phangan

Full Moon Party in Ko Phang NgaFull Moon Party in Ko Phang Nga

Outside of roomsOutside of rooms

Just one of the many frog visitorsJust one of the many frog visitors

Sea Edge Bungalow Help

by Rintaro

Hi there,
Me and my friend are going to Koh Phangan for the FMP for 5 days between 16-21 June.
We are looking for a bungalow, hut right near the water edge including A/C with 2 beds.
Our budget is 2000-2500 Baht per night max. Heard abt Sanctuary, any other places you should recommend us to stay?
We are eager to meet ppl between these dates, so let me know if yr going to Phangan between 16/21 June.

Thx in adv and regards,

Cheers!

Re: Sea Edge Bungalow Help

by craigb100

Try Fantasea Bungalows in Chalok Lam. These guys are on the Northern end of the island - where the taxi boat goes to Bottle Beach. It means you can party at Haad Rin and then chill out at a much cleaner place. Their website is at http://www.fantasea.asia/index.html and the cost is about 1800 baht for the top bungalow directly on the beach.

Stay funky.

Travel Tips for Ko Phangan

make friends with the stray dogs

by beaniezotzim

I am a total animal person, so I loved the dogs all over the place. they are actually treated pretty well for being nuicences to the bungalow operations. We made a lot of animal pals here. if you see any of my pals, give em a pat on the head for me!

LIGHTWEIGHT BEACH ATTIRE

by vigi

Shorts, sleeveless shirts, tank tops, sunglasses & chic swimwear. Lightweight synthetics breatheble outfits is better than cotton, it draw sweat away quickly, suitable for beach. Slip-on Shoes or Sports shoes are highly recommended especially when going out party at nite, lotsa broken glasses on the beach.

Chilling out

by kimmo_v about Bios dynamic kitchen.

Very cool atmosphere, good music, hammocks, excellent drinks. I also spottted some chilums changing hands....:-).
Also food available, but we never ate there, so dunno the taste of it.

Also few huts for rent. Are you kidding? Well, lets say this way; the waiters didnt wear any shirts.
So, basically very casual...

Boat to Koh Phangan

by laramie

There are many boat operator plying the Surat Thani - Koh Samui - Koh Phangan route.

Upon arrival in Phun Phin station in Surat Thani, you will be swarmed by many touts offering basically the same service, except that each of them may represent a different ferry company. I end up using the Seatran ferry service.

When I arrived at the station in the middle of the nite, I was cornered by a tout who did a good job of setting me up in a decent guest house in Surat Thani for the overnite stay, and sell me a Seatran ferry ticket for my trip to Koh Phangan.

All in all, it was a hassle free experience. Remember, if the tout who talk to you look dodgy, just walk away becoz there are many others who offer similar service. I don't remember how much I pay, but from what I gather from other fellow travelers, everyone pay the same fare as I do, so I guess there's no need for you to haggle down the price.

Energy Balls with Spirulina

by rebeccadv about The Sanctuary

Healthy and generally tasty but most expensive in the area ... when the indian buffet dinners are offered they are a good deal ... These energy balls are a must ... and the vegetarian chocolate is really good too (much better than their other chocolate cakes ... scones are good ... they also have a refreshing drink of ginger and lemon (?)

i wasnt that impressed with the savory items ... except the fresh spring rolls, and the spring rolls with seaweed ... those are worth trying ...

Comments