Salad Beach 64/8 Moo 8, 84280, Thailand

More about Green Papaya Resort

Full Moon Party in Ko PhanganFull Moon Party in Ko Phangan

Haad Rin Village by nightHaad Rin Village by night

Full Moon PartyFull Moon Party

you can the BBQ and beach areayou can the BBQ and beach area

green papaya resort

by ronaldm44

Hi ! any body know tha t resort...
I expect to go there in january with my 2 sons ( 14 and 18), and my wife.
Is there a good restaurant???
Can we change restaurant every night in that area???
Any other suggestion ?
We like basic, but comfort and beautiful area ( no swimming pool)

Re: green papaya resort

by vigi

The so-called reosrt in Ko Phangan are actually groups of small bunglows, no swimming pool, definately, but nice and comfy. ost restaurants in Haad Rin serve good food. I ate most of my meals at te bunglow I stayed (My Phangan Resort), they serve very good food and I am able to change different dishes every meal.

Re: green papaya resort

by AmyLL

hi,

im going to the same resort in a couple of weeks time so ill let you know!!

Re: Re: green papaya resort

by ronaldm44

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING ME!!
i WILL APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD TELL ME ANY INTERRESTING RESORT IN THE AREA AFTER YOUR TRIP!!!
hAVE A NICE VACATION!!
RONALD

Travel Tips for Ko Phangan

Chinese Temple near Chaloaklum

by austarman

About 5km outside of the fishing village of Chaloaklum is this Chinese Buddhist temple on the road to Ban Maduwan and Thong-sala and on the right hand side.
It is not signposted very well except for a small sign at the actual driveway to it.
It is sitting on the top of a hill on the way out of Chaloaklum and not far past the Elephant trekking place.
This temple is very new and very colourful and they have recently spent a lot of money in here.
The architecture of the buildings, the statues and the views make this a very good off the beaton path trip to make.
Also interesting is the story of the Chinese lady (Mrs. Malawan) who had a dream that she should build a lighthouse for the Chaloaklam fishermen and then raised the money to build the temple as well.
A very interesting temple and it seems no expense was spared in it's making.
(See attached website for more info)

Ao Thong Nai Pan Yai

by austarman

We had a rented motorbike and we took the very rough dirt track over the mountains from Ban Tai.
The dirt road is really bad and several times my friend on the back said "I not go" and walked down a few of the hills. I couldn't blame her really because we only had road tyres on and some of the downhills can be a little slippery and dangerous.
I really enjoyed it though, even if my friend hated it! ;-P
I believe the easier way to get there now is by taking a boat from either Haad Rin or Chaloaklum.
But as you can see in these photo's the beaches are beautiful and I would say Thong Pan Yai and Thong Pan Noi as twin coves are definitly worth the trip.
There is a little town here as well as bars and resturants and shops and it has the feel of a real rural retreat.

FMP

by dodgbowski about Full Moon Party

Full Moon Party. I know it, and you know it. If you've never been, you have to go once. Consistently rated as one of the top ten parties IN THE WORLD, it is a monthly event in Koh Phangan. Go there, have a few buckets(or 6 or 8) and go dance till the sun rises. Just be sure not to buy drugs from anyone YOU dont know personally. Its very sketchy. Optional

ON THE TRAIN

by vigi

Since all air-con sleepers were full, and I need to catch the party at Koh Phangan, I decided to go for a fan-sleepers, no other choice anyway.

I was surprised nd disaapointed when I saw this! Hey come on, this is a seater, not a sleeper, How could I sleep here for 12 hours??? Oh My God! I started to blame myself I should get an airticket fly to Koh Samui instead.

A little gem in the Jungle

by LakeFever about Dolphin Restaurant

Someone we met told us we had to take a look in the Dolphon restaurant. We had walked down to the end of the beach a couple times but never really noticed....when we went in through the apron of leaves and trees there was a little uptopian restaurant, lounge, and bungalow resort....very small really, but the sitting areas were unique and well kept....say 5 or 6 different little areas you could sit, chill, eat and drink....the place in run by a european lady...scanidinavian maybe...thai husband....cute little son running here and there. Menu had a good mix of healthy hearty items including antipast, pasta, sandwiches and stir frys....we had a couple shakes for flavour which were very good as well....we wanted to go back another time but never got the chance....Nice for a mid day snack....food service closes at 2 or 3pm I think. A mint energy shake...refreshing!
Crushed mint leaves too!