Harmony Beach Resort

Based on 48 reviews

Tags

Jungle and Rain Forest Beaches Kayaking
See Amenities

No trance a delight in phangan

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 24, 2006

Fun,fun,fun!

Just come back to london from thailand and without doubt the best time I had was at harmony beach. The rooms aren't the best but I did go for a cheaper option £6. The place is beautiful, its own beach in a crescent shape about 100 metres wide. Great looking restaurant with grass thatched roof and amazing food.The beach bar up the other end plays the best music.I am sure its more upfront than london. Someone asked for some trance and Lek the barman said the owner would kill him if the music wasn't soulful. Lek was joking of course but it was refreshing that they have a no trance policy here were as the islands reputation was built on trance. I am going back in the new year. Alot of people get put off by phangan but Ive been all over and its the only place I will goto when I go back to thailand.Did you know Phangan has its own jungle that could pass as a rain forest,some of the creatures that live there are wild pigs,deer,2metre lizards,monkeys and I will not mention the snakes.I have seen them all.
On my first night at Harmony there was 12 people sitting round a table so I thought it was a big group as it pans out 4 couples and 4 singles just so happened to get on they ate together. The english owner brought them all together and they had a set three course dinner,the next night he put on a bar bq for a fiver that had just about everything tasty you can think of. Out of the 12 people there that night I write to all of them.Tell where else things like that happen.?
A big thanks to Dave,Kwan,Sab, nicole and specially to Lek who is just the best bartender Ive ever met.
Keep the fire burning x

Unique Quality: The sunset from the bar and restaurant with a gin and tonic was unrivalled. Free Kayaking, its nice that's free as i hate to pay for reaching the pain barrier.

Directions: sunset side about 10 minutes from had rin

Amenities at Harmony Beach Resort

• Restaurant
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ko Phangan Travel Forum

Need advice about Ko Phangan, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Ko Phangan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ko Phangan hotel reviews