Tharathip Beach Resort

More about Ko Phangan

Full Moon Party in Ko PhanganFull Moon Party in Ko Phangan

Full Moon PartyFull Moon Party

Nics RestaurantNics Restaurant

Peaceful and quietPeaceful and quiet

Travelling solo and looking for accomodation

by kac_27

I'm a 28 yo female and will be travelling to thailand solo in April and want to head to Koh Pha ngan for the Full Moon party on the 20th. I'd like to book in advance since it will be during the full moon. I will be there for 5 nights so the 4 night minimum stay wouldn't be an issue. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for accomodation - looking for some place safe, easy to meet other travellers, convenient to get to the party, but easy enough to have some peace and quiet when i do want to sleep...
While I'm there, I'd also like to visit Koh Samui and Tao and possibly the marine park; want to do some snorkelling and perhaps diving. Any recommendations for what else there is to do on the Island or around there?

by onlineman

I don't know why nobody answer you.I don't know much about Koh Phangan but know only Koh Samui.I heard that Haad(Beach)Leela is so private clarm and quiet.You may do sun bath there and sleep well.Anyway check from this website what's going on in Koh Phangan.http://www.kohphangan.com/

by fendyhashim

Hello there,

Ko Phangan is a great place to be. Dont worry about accommodation.. There's a lot of chalet/bungalow/hostel available even on the FMP day. My suggestion is you stay at Haad Rin area ( FMP spot ). Walking distance to the party, but a little noisy at night. From my experience, Haad Rin is the best area to stay if you like to meet people and party a little.

There's a ferry/speedboat service to Samui island from Phangan. A few times daily. Depart from the pier near Thongsala.

There's a lot of diving/snorkeling operators through out the island. A day trip to Ko Toa will cost you around 1000 bath.

Other than great party and great beaches.. there's a lot of activities you can do eg. learn how to cook, visit the temple,yoga,kick boxing, jungle trekking..

Generally, its safe through out the island but it's no hurt to be extra careful. The last time i was there, I met a bunch of solo traveler too.

Hope this will help. If u have questions, just ask me. Enjoy your trip!!

Fendy
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Hope this will help..

by alejandrosingapur

hi, I'm also travelling with a girfriend, we are working in singapore, and is sad to say that in these city five days off are a lot so i may think they will trouble us with that policy.
These place cought my eye
Haad sadet, hotel
http://koh phangan.eternaltravel.net/haad-sadet/
is located in an isolated beach beside the national park.
may be see you there, we also going on the 19th of april.

take care and enjoy.

Alejandro

Travel Tips for Ko Phangan

Songkhran

by JohnandSuzie

This event is over a few days in april the hotest and dryest month.......it is normally over a few days but once in Pattaya a few years ago it went on for 2 weeks........
Basically the whole country erupts into big water fights............you will wherever you are get wet in doors or outside...........don't bother changing into dry clothes you will just get wet again even battles rage while driving down the road and accident rates go up.
Its mad but fun and if you think it will annoy you after a while then miss this time of year or stay in your hotel room.................thats exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kayaking

by beaniezotzim

If you got the arm strenght, go kayaking. These things were so hard to paddle around. My husband and I have a kayak at home, but it is the other kind, where you sit on top of the kayak and not in it, these ones are far more difficult to steere. oye. Out in from of Pingjun bungalows

Cactus Bar

by Armado about Cactus Bar

This was my favourite bar on the island...nice music ( mix of hip hop, rock and rnb ) nice people and a nice ambiance!

TIP: This is quite a naughty tip ;) Everybody knows, beer is quite expensive in Thailand compared to other things....

Next to the cactus bar you find a small supermarket....if you need a refill of your beer, a way cheaper bottle of water or a coke...walk out of the cactus bar and go into that supermarket...beer, water and soda's are cheaper there ;) Just don't let the staff see you....we found out about this cuz we are always living on a shoestring right? Walk in in your swimming pants, no one cares!!!

Boats to and from Phangan

by Teledude

The boats to and from Phangan are sometimes great sometimes not so great but always interesting. Be careful though. They will and do aften pack these boats as full as they can get them. It's fairly safe though unless you have bad seas. We didn't but I heard we were pretty lucky. Watch what season it is. This was high season around Christmas and so was full.

EDEN

by beaniezotzim about Eden

Another Delicious restaurant. interesting experience here. we sit down and order our meal from a man that seems to have a slight mental disorder (turns out hes normal, just seems strange) anyway, we order and they have to actually go to the market and buy a lot of the ingredients so we're not so sure anymore, but we stick around, we're in no big hurry anyway... this isn't your typical bustling city... get-in-a-car-drive-to-store-to-buy-groceries, I mean they buy their groceries from the little cart across the dirt road, BUT they had to go to the store 3 seperate times because they realised they were missing three different ingredients at 3 different intervals. So it was a little weird wondering how long we were ACTUALLY going to have to wait for our food.
Anyway

I ordered fried rice and it was absolutely amazing. Ive never had fried rice so good in my LIFE. GO. fried rice vegetable or shrimp

Comments