Chalermprakiat Rama 9 Road, Lam Tong Beach, Ko Phi Phi Don, 81000, Thailand

Agoda.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Sooze's Profile Photo

Ideal Spot on Phi Phi

The villas are very nice but are a bit basic. We were moved to a newer room which was better than the first room we were allocated. The villas on the beach front I think are the best as you can just walk straight out onto the beach. The restaurant was OK but I suppose could have been better. The bar was very quiet. I started to think there was only me and my husband who liked a drink! We were on honeymoon so this didn't bother us. We stayed at our villa most days but the hotel did have a nice pool. They were building some new villas which looked very nice. Worth asking about these if you fancy going. There was a beautiful hotel at the end of the beach Zeavola - worth a look at if your budget will stretch! The Tsunami warnings along the beach are a little alarming but obviously needed!

Unique Quality: Great beach villa location. Very quiet which is great for couples. No kids ( or should I say very few).

• leongarf's Profile Photo

Getting Away

This place is great if you want to take time off from the crowds and noise on the island. Great view at the top of the island from the Sunset Bar.

Unique Quality: Beach front bungalows are awesome!

• icepick2000's Profile Photo

Phi Phi's most quiet hotel

We spend 5 nights on Phi Phi and during our stay we stayed at the Holiday Inn. The hotel was by far the best we saw on the island. While the center of phi phi is overcrowded, this hotel is about 30 mins by boat from all the crowds, and has it's own private beach.
    The rooms are wooden chalets with reasonable facilities. You can notice that this resort is remote, and so everything is imported from the mainland. Cell phone didn't have coverage and there is no tv. We used internet once, but it's painfully slow.

The food was reasonable. Clearly the cook was better at asian dishes than western ones.

Try to spot the sunset up on the sunset bar up on the hill. Truely spectacular.

Unique Quality: Location.

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

true life

There are only two hotels in Phi Phi. Holiday Inn is the better one.
    Holiday Inn there is consist of a number of independent wooden house which available for as few as one person or as much as a whole family.
    I stayed in the other hotel, which is not so good in terms of room and food. I will definitely choose.
    Anyway, either of them will give your great experience during your stay in Phi Phi.

More about Holiday Inn Hotel

Holiday Inn (Phi Phi Palmbeach Travelodge)

by yellowfish

Holiday Inn ,Koh Pe Pe ~ Fantastic diving and snorkeling water around the island
~ An outdoor jacuzzi.
~ Restaurant by the beachside.(A moonlight dinner is a must)

Nice location- simple accommodations

by TripAdvisor Member canada514

We have just returned from a five day stay at the Holiday Inn Phi Phi. We enjoyed our stay and the location was just paradise.

The bungalows are very simple but comfortable. Dont expect luxury. However they are clean and provide all that you will need. There is however no tv. This is actually a nice way to get away from it all.

The beach is amazing. Calm water, beautiful colour. The reef is right off the beack. Snorkelling equipment is provided for free.

Boat trips- we booked a day trip through the hotel and it was great. Guide knew exactly where to bring us for some spectacular snorkelling. We then used the same boat driver the next day, but met him in the gypsy village to save a few baht. Cheaper this way.

Gypsy village- some very decent restaurants. Had some really good seafood. I believe there are 3 restaurants in the village. You can get drinks and snacks a lot cheaper here than at the hotel. The village is literally a 2 minute walk down the beach.

Food- the food at the hotel was good. Buffets are tiring after a day or two, so we ate at the village. Village prices are a lot less than the hotel. The sunset bar was great. Got some great shots of the sunset. The view was spectacular.

Our only problem with the hotel was the transfer. This was a downer however and left a bad taste in my mouth. We were informed 5 months ago (when we booked!) that the transfer from Phuket, roundtrip, to Phi Phi was 1400 bht per person. Not a problem and as another member mentioned, expensive for Thai standards, but I figured it was less stress. So we booked, they picked us up and we took the ferry to the hotel...When we went to check out, there was an additional 2800 bht charged to the account. They said that the transfer was 1400 per person each way. Well I showed them the correspondance that I had had through email about the cost. The asst manager came and said that the staff had made an error and we had to pay the additional fee. I did not agree to this. Finally after a few minutes of arguing that it was not my fault if their employee made an error, the manager removed the charge. He also told us that the hotel was loosing money since the ferry was 700 bht per person per way, when in fact the ferry is 1000 bht roundtrip.

The almost perfect beach break

by TripAdvisor Member Michael81

My wife and me decided to have a 11 day holiday on Phi Phi Island way back in December last year and had booked everything back then. As we are staying most of the year in Singapore it was only a 1.5 hour flight away from home and as we could take a budget airline getting there was not a big deal. I have to add though that having booked the tickets for the flight back in December as well we were very unhappy to notice by accident that JetStar Asia which we booked with first had changed and canceled our fligths without even letting us know by email or anything. After many phone calls they agreed to refund the tickets within the next six months!!! Well we quickly booked on Tigerairways which we had used frequently before and it turned out to be absolutely hassle free with them.

Leaving Singapore early at 7am and arriving at Phuket at 7.30am it would have been a lot of waiting for the afternoon ferry departing at Phuket Pier around 1pm so we decided to spend the money and charter a private speed boat to the resort. As the sea was quite choppy that day it was a bit of a strain to our backs and we got quite a bit of water over ourselves... but I guess that is part of it and you can't avoid it. The pickup at the airport to the pier etc. was without problems although I had feared the worst after they had asked me about 5 times to reconfirm the transfer during the previous 3 months. We arrived right at the beach in front of the resort during high tide fortunately, during low tide the water goes back so far that we would have had to do a long walk through the wet, soggy sand. The check-in was fast and not worth mentioning it. Then we were brought to our bungalow which was situated on the hillside.

Before I go into detail now about the room please be aware that I have a rather high standard and I do not consider camping or a youth hostel a comparison to a hotel room. So for my following room rating please keep that in mind. The bungalows were very nice. Outside on the front porch there are two deck chairs and a rack for you to put in your bikini, shorts, towels, whatever there might be that needs to be dried. The rooms themselves were simple on a scale of a four or five star hotel but simple doesn't mean bad. A makeover wouldn't hurt even though not really necessary BUT one should not forget that this is a remote island! Keeping this in mind the rooms really add to the island feeling. You have a mini bar of course and no tv. I think this is no problem because it is supposed to be a remote island holiday, isn't it? Everything was very clean and nicely arranged and what really made us happy: there is a good stereo in the room. So you can either bring along your own cds from home or even borrow them free of charge at the reception. Awesome, it was really nice to play some calm music in the evenings... it adds to the romantic holiday feeling. The bathroom was supplied with VERY NICE red earth shower gels, shampoos, moisturisers,... every day and everything was clean. The shower was a bit dodgey, not really bad but just okay. Many might complain about the low water pressure but keeping in mind again that this is a remote island that is alright. The beds were nice and soft though not too soft. So the rooms were certainly nice not a Ritz or Fullerton or Raffles Hotel but still nice!

At the beach you can get beach towels, snorkeling sets, kayaks etc. for free. That was a fantastic service. There is a tiny, little, patchy reef right at the beach so you can snorkel there. The beach itself is beautiful with some good trees that provide shade and plenty of hammocks. Awesome. I spent two or three days just lying in my hamomck, reading, looking at the beautiful sea. There are many deck chairs that you just put wherever you want them, in the sun, the shade, the sea, it is fantastic. The pool itself was okay but frankly speaking we did not care much. The sea was so crystal clear and warm that we never even thought once about lying by or even swiming in the pool.

Foodwise we had breakfast with the room which catered to every need one might have. It was very good. Sometimes we decided to go for dinner in the hotel itself, the bbq buffet is very good! Alternatively we just went around the corner by the beach to Jasmin's Restaurant. This is a restaurant run by a local. Of course you only get local food there such as green curry etc. but it was outstanding. I never had anything as good as this here in Singaproe and it was very cheap! Definitely a must. The small shop within the hotel by the way is not too exepensively priced.

As my wife and me are both enthusiastic divers we wanted to dive of course! We first tried in the hotel's own dive centre but they seemed to be very stressed out and as my wife wanted to do an advanced course which I had already done previously they did not have any timeslots until only six days later. As this was not really what we wanted and the staff was not that friendly we decided to check out another dive centre down the beach (4 minutes walk) called the Leisure Dive Centre we had spotted the night before when we were walking along the beach. WARNING: the Leisure Dive Centre has a lot of mosquitos! I never get bitten but it was different this time. Even now two weeks later I still have the bites on my body! That being said I have to say that even though it is a small dive centre they spoil you for choice and not only that: the people running it are great. Currently until April 2007 it is run by two Brazilians CAS and Paula. They are doing a great job and are really fun to hang out with. We were having so much fun on the boat etc. it was a really fantastic time we had. We learnt later from them that only a few days before the Australian couple who had run the dive centre in our hotel had left and they were without dive instructors for a few days and then hired the guys we first met. So probably they just need a while in the hotel dive centre... Further there are a lot of dive centres in Tonsai itself, which is however far if you want to go diving from the Holiday Inn. However these dive centres in the town really handle masses of people and you will not be able ot enjoy the same exclusivity we had there. One instructor for one student!
The diving itself was great. We had three days of diving with 7 boat dives. The dive sites were nice, they do the local dive sites, not the ones far out in the sea such as King Cruiser or Koh Mai Tai,... Instead we went to the Bidas and we saw many sharks, turtles, stingrays, lionfish,... awesome. Once we saw 5 sharks in one dive alone! The clarity of the water is moderate to good. However having dived the red sea before I am a bit spoilt. (For non-divers: the beaches etc are perfectly clear, I am only talking about diving).

In the evening we would just sit by the beach or the bar or on the hilltop to watch the sunset. The musicians are putting up a good show. It feels like they especially cater to the many Germans there. However the cocktails at the bar were rather disappointing. We also played table tennis regularly which was fun, too. They even have a snooker table BUT instead of snooker balls they only have a set of pool balls.

When we left we took the afternoon ferry due to it being much cheaper than a speedboat. The ferry experience, which doesn't have anything to do with the hotel itself was horrible however. Instead of proper chairs they had ratan benches for three people. The whole ferry was very dirty! Even though it was not very wavey that day it was a nightmare because those darn ratan chairs were bending and moving so much and after about one hour into the journey ours collapsed which was painful and dangerous!
Additional information: the voyage from Phuket to Phi Phi, the township of Tonsai to be more precise only takes 1.5 hours. Then you have to change to another small ferry which is very fast and hazzle free to get to that part of Phi Phi where the hotel is.

So all in all it was a very good holiday. Certainly it is a rather expensive holiday and for people who want something even more exclusive they can get it on the Seychelles or Maledives however that requires much more money.

If talking about value for money then I have to say we certainly had it! However this was because we went during the off-peak season. If you decide to go during x-mas or new years you will pay up to three times as much for the same thing and then the value for money argument is gone. I also do not consider the transportation cost as some people come from far away and some from nearer by so I am only talking about the hotel itself. At this time fo the year it is certainly worth it I feel.

So to close this review let me say t`his: It is not the PERFECT, most exclusive holiday one could have but it gets VERY close and we would love to do it over and over again.

This place felt wrong!

by TripAdvisor Member LxJ

We stayed here at the end of our very lovely honeymoon in Thailand. We organised transfers (2000 baht)with the hotel a few days before. Thought this was a little steep for Thailand, but as we didn't have a clue how to arrange our own we agreed.

Said they would pick us up from our hotel in Aonang. After waiting on the front step for an hour we called to find out what was going on. They said taxi would be sent in half an hour.

Once there we were told on arrival we could book transfers back to Krabi for 500 baht eah and given breakfast tickets.

Next morning-waitresses were circling us and kept checking our ticket. All staff were staring at us and then one came over and asked us to go to reception after breakfast. We did and the manager said our package did not include breakfast and we would have to pay.

Got back to the room and found a message on the door asking us to go to reception. Head receptionist told me that we needed to organise transfers. I told him we had already. He said mistake had been made and actual cost would be 2200 baht. I explained what had been arranged already and he said this wasn't available and the cheapest it could be arranged for was 2000. debated a while then grabbed husband for moral support. He then said well you can do the 500 deal but you'll have to organise it all yourself and was generally rude.

We did sort them out and left.....but on leaving we found an extra 650 baht on bill for transfer out.

Felt moneygrabbing. Western manager swanning around bossing the local workers in front of customers. Left bad taste!!

Not for anyone hoping for responsible travel!

PS. Funny bit! Whilst having massage an oil burner caught fire. Two staff flapped and threw water on it-making it flare up. Had to get off bed wet towel and put it out. Fumes a bit choking, but fine after that!

Loved it...

by TripAdvisor Member JenRoche

We just returned from 2 weeks at the Holiday Inn in Phi Phi and loved it. The rooms are very basic and a little tired but they have everything you need. The beach is beautiful and the staff are very friendly. The pool is small in comparison to some resorts but then most people are on the beach or out on boat trips anyway so we pretty much had it to ourselves when we wanted. The food was good although we were a little tired of the buffet choices after 2 weeks. The hotel is on the quieter northern side of the island so there isn't much to do but relax and swim or snorkel/dive... and drink cocktails at any of the 3 happy hours daily. The live music provided at happy hour is pretty awful but good for a laugh - there's only so many times you can listen to Quando Quando Quando played on a Yamaha. The boat trips through the hotel are a little pricey however the Gypsy Village next door could probably do you a better deal but you'll need some Baht. Overall a brilliant, relaxing trip at a beautiful location. The Holiday Inn is defintely the best on offer for quality and location on the island.

Ko Phi Phi - good hotel + ferry???URGENT!!!

by cherch

Hi
Me and my wife are going to Thailand for our honeymoon.
Can you recomend me a good hotel located in not too croudy beach?
Can you tell me in what hours does the ferry go from Phuket to Ko Phi Phi?

Tks

Re: Ko Phi Phi - good hotel + ferry???URGENT!!!

by HAKUN

Hi,
If you want to be in a nice place but a expensive though I suggest Phi Phi Island Village... or Holiday Inn Phi Phi both in the northern part of the island...
I heard Phi Phi Coral Resort will finish renovating soon and then we can expect nice hotel coming...
You have a ferry twice a day...1 morning 1 afternoon.
;)
HAKUN

Re: Re: Ko Phi Phi - good hotel + ferry???URGENT!!!

by cherch

Thank you very much Hakun!

Comments