Hotel Phi Phi Ko Phi Phi Don

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• lgh's Profile Photo

at the center of Pho Phi

Overall good place to stay at the center of Tonsai Bay. No elevator though.

Unique Quality: 5 - 10 minutes walk to pier and loh dalam
    Great views from hotel if you book sea view room.

Directions: You can see the hotel once you docked in at the pier

More about Hotel Phi Phi Ko Phi Phi Don

Diving in Phuket area is a...

by enigma58

Diving in Phuket area is a wonderful experience, a two days dive on a live abord is arround 200$ that includ 3 dives the first day wonderful accomodations at phi phi hotel, diner, all you can eat, and three dives in the way home....any were alse in the world for that price imposible

PP Island

by stedeb

"1st visit"

The second night of our frist PP trip was Sept 11th so most people walked around in a daze along with the rest of the world. We loved it then but decided to go back again to check out if it was still as beautiful

"Most recent trip"

In July this year we were spending 10 days in Phuket but decided to take a 2 day package offered by the many travel agents on Patong Beach. Included was all transfers from hotel and back & accomodation at the Phi Phi Hotel inclusive of breakfast.
We found a few changes this time a lot of the market stalls had become more permanent shops and comparing the prices to Patong the they had risen with the prestige of a proper shop.
There are still loads of eating places and bars all serving pretty good menus and reasonable prices. One place we enjoyed was up a tree not sure of the name but it was very nice and you can't miss it there is also a boat that is a bar/night club in the evening. We didn't do much shopping on PP as we found the prices a little more expensive than on the mainland but if you are not going there it is still quite cheap.

"Best beach??"

Although Ao Ton Sai is beautiful there are usually so many boats there that is is hard to see the water. If you walk across the island to Ao Lo Dalam there is plenty of unspoilt beach as my previous picture shows. There are times you need to walk a long way to get the water even up to your knees!!! it is so clear you have no problems seeing the fish swimming around. Which reminds me while you are waiting on the jetty for the ferry have a look down and you will see all the tropical fish all swimming around. If you walk along the beach away from where the ferries arrive throught the "town" those beaches are very nice there are also many beach bungalows along here.
To sit on Ton Sai in the early evening when all the tourist boats are gone is the best time in my opinion it is warm, clear, serene and the scenery is spectatular. I guess that is one of the things we like to do and it gives us such a decadent feeling when all the boats with the day trippers have gone and the only people left are staying overnight. Th eisland doesn't get too loud at night and is easy to walk around in the evening have a meal then stroll back to your hotel savouring the ambience along the way.

Siam Gastronomy

by RakeshKapadnis

"The jaws"

Thai cuisine is one of the best in the world. Food is passion here in thailand.
By looking at the no of food joints (of all types) one may get doubtfool about wether Thai people eat at home or not. Pork, chicken,seafod, pure veg you name it & they have abundant dishes. This snap taken at a Koh Samui hotel shows a baby shark along with snapper & vegetables.

"Lamchaebang port"

We wanted to taste authentic Thai food. So our tour guides Eddie & Paul took us to the Lamchaebang port for our lunch. It was a humble, minimilistic place. It was in fact a shack built on the creek . One could see ships going & coming out of the port. Local people were coolecting oysters from the mud.
Food was excellent. We tasted all sort of stuff octopus, prawns, oysters etc. All catch was fresh. The preparation was simply great with the local herbs & spices. I ate as much i could. Later I had to pay for my karma, the overeating resulted in upset stomach. But still I didnt regret for it. It was one of the tastiest staple I have ever had.

"Yummie.."

This picture itself tells the story of siamese food. You can see the menucard written on the board. Tiger prawns, blue crab, oysters, australlian steak &....We took this snap on a bylane of Samui on the first day of our tour. You wont believe that this big piece of flesh was almost finished on the next day. But alas I couldnt taste it because of my greediness at Lamchaebang.

"Lunch at Hotel Phi Phi"

While going from Phuket to Phi Phi Hotel, we enjoyed snorkelling near the Viking caves. The view beneath the water was heavenly. Prior to this I have seen such exotic, colourful fish species only on Discovery Channel. After this exhausting snorkelling session we moved for our lunch at Hotel Phi Phi. Only the viw of our table increased our hungriness. You can see various types of salads, noodles, rice & chicken legs.

"Aftermath of the Phi Phi Lunch"

After we finished our lunch at Phi Phi, not a single morsel was remaining on the table. You can see the carelessness of a Lion having his feast on the faces of MSD Sir & Rajesh

"Coral Island"

The crabs & Prawns at Coral island were beyond words. Everybody enjoyed the rice & hot spicy curry.

"Phuket street"

Rinku 7 Suvya eating some fruit called moong sook (if I am correct) on the streets of Phuket.

"Fruits of Thailland"

Thailand is home to some of the exotic fruits. Dragon fruit, Durian, Mangoes, Oranges, Guava. The pic shows dragon fruit & its juice.

5 Days in Koh Phi Phi - hotels and things to do

by eamonnmcc

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are travelling to Koh Phi Phi for few days on your way back to Ireland for xmas.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel to stay - around 40-50AUD (1,350THB)per night max? and close to a beach.

Also is there any trip that is a must do while there? I've been all over Thailand before and just want to lie on beach for few days but if there is something that we should do can you please advise?

Thanks
Eamonn

Re: 5 Days in Koh Phi Phi - hotels and things to do

by muratkorman

You can check my Koh Phi Phi page for some suggestions. I was very satisfied with the place we stayed over there. A daily diving/snorkelling trip could be a good choice for example.

Comments