Maprao Resort

3 nights too many?

by slyons81

Hello,
Quick general questions-

is 3 nights 4 days in Ko Phi Phi in July too many? I heard it gets deserted.

Is the construction during July heavy?

by cgf

I do not know if 3/4 nights are too many, my wife and are divers, we made ONLY 3 nights in PhiPhi last August, unfortunatelly we could not have done anymore because we had the flight home. we are going back next march for 5/6 nights. In August was not desert at all, actually a little bit crowed, we were in Phuket and we had to try a lot to find out a room for phiphi.

In july it could be raining for days, maybe with 3 nights you have a choise to see PhiPhi with sun.

by slyons81

Perfect, that's great to hear. Thank you. Enjoy Phi Phi.

by cgf

IMHO be in a hurry to go to PhiPhi, other few years and it would be not so good

by sandman78

I was there last July and although it wasn't deserted, it was pretty miserable. I was there for 4 days and only got a few hours of sun on one afternoon. Walking around in the rain got really old. I really wanted to see the island and Phi Phi Ley, so it was worth the trip as I live in the US, but then went across to Samui and Ko Pha Ngan where I got two weeks of straight sunshine. Didn't notice any construction...

Travel Tips for Ko Phi Phi Don

Sunset dinner cruise

by austarman

When staying on Phi Phi Don island there are a variety of short cruises and fishing trips available.
One evening we decided to do the Sunset dinner cruise which starts at 3pm and goes for 4 hours.
This trip takes you to Monkey beach and the Viking cave at Phi Phi Ley island where they made "The Beach" movie.
After that you can do some snorkeling then swim at Maya bay before finally heading out to the smaller of the Phi Phi islands to see the sunset.
After the sunset they serve you dinner while the boat slowly makes it's way back to Phi Phi Don island and Tonsai bay. Walking though the cave at one side of Phi Phi Don island into a rain forest that leads to Maya bay and the most perfect beach that you will ever see.

KOH PHI PHI

by mamasan69

The amazing beaches and sealife is everywhere you look, it seems in Koh Phi Phi.
The nightlife was almost too good, as we partied along the beach with people from all around the world. What I mean by too good is I can't remember the names of the bars we even visited. However, I know we passed by the Apache and Reggae bars, but after that it is a blur (too much Thai whiskey).
When I go back I will be able to update my info, I hope. My best memories of Koh Phi Phi would definitly be the cliffjumping and snorkeling day trip that I went on.
I will also miss very much the weather and swimming in the warm, blue-green ocean probably the most. I will try and remember the nightlife, but all I know is that it was excellent.

Resorts

by FernP

I didn't actually stay in one and so decided to put this under general tips. But I saw lots of resorts and bungalows like these ones along the way in different islands. They look really tranquil and above all not crowded.

"Beck" speak up about his sadness 1

by hash09

Beck start his conversation with saying, before this, he have a lots of fun in his life, do a lots of crazy things with his friends, his life full of joy, happyness, and love... but now, things has change a lots a lots since the tsunami... he began lose his smile, he look far and think of something which is away from his real life now, then he went down from the stairs where we sits and went to the right site of the guest room, then he called me and said, come i want to show you something... so i just follow him and stand where he stand, in the dark, he try to show me something, he said... look at those light, do you see it.. i said yes.. then he said, before this, this place were bushes, a lots of trees, nothing can be seen, not even that light, this place change a lots, nothing like before... again he said, things has change a lots since the tsunami hit, it change my life too.. my life no longer like before.. my life has change... then we walk to where we sit

Dont Pack much !

by Sharon

You really dont need much, on the island you spend most of your time on the beach or pool anyway and at nights let me remind you it aint London... besides so much to buy there and its so cheap... so save your sef thepacking and carying. Take your slippers and some comfortable Sandals for hiking. you can use it at night while going out anyway.. Mosquitos may be a bother for you so buy those good liquids against it, you can find some good stuff in Pharmacys in Thailand before you arrive the Island.

Comments