Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• lalikes's Profile Photo

Fantastic Hotel

I can't even describe it. The grounds are meticulous. The staff is accommodating. The restaurant is good. The rooms are romantic and inviting- even though I was traveling with a friend. I thought it was weird, though that the bathroom had a door but with a window- not much privacy. Luckily I've been friends with my friend for 5 years but otherwise it was weird.

It was a bit of a walk from the main town and what was annoying was that that cabs on the street charged $6 U.S. to go 2 miles. Not that we couldn't walk that but it was 95-100 degrees.

If I were a honey mooner, this would be the best place... EVER.

Unique Quality: We rented the hotel jeep for $45 a day. The staff gave us a ton of local info. The pool and the beach right down the steps from the pool.

• Koh Samui Boutique Hotel

The Baan Haad Ngam offers luxury rooms and villas with private jacuzzi. Rooms are quite good in size for a boutique hotel. More of a small luxury hotel resort. The Olivio restaurant has superb Italian Cuisine and of course the resort also offers very good Thai cusisine and international dishes. The Baan Haad Ngam is ideal for those wanting to stay in a small luxury boutique style resort hotel with comfort and pleasant service.

Unique Quality: Very pleasant service and comfortable rooms.

• pstanley's Profile Photo

Tranquil and naturally beautiful

Stayed there in Dec 2005 for our honeymoon

Rooms were clean, spacious and nice.

Restaurant was nice but only served Italian food.

Resort was right on the beach. Pool was very small and only had about 14 deck chairs.

Most of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Would stay there again

Unique Quality: Satira Herbal Spa quite reasonable pricing but still very nice

Directions: 10 mins away from airport, Northern end of Chewang beach.

• jackliveshere's Profile Photo

Boutique Resort on Chaweng Beach

The best experience I have had at a hotel. Set in a gorgeous location right on the beach, Baad Haad Ngam is a small resort/spa with 40 rooms and villas. The beach reaches the front wall of the hotel, meaning when you eat at the restaurant you can sit 1m or so from the water. The beach along the "main drag" is easily accessable from here, whilst still maintaining a perfect balance between seclusion and being near the action. Perfect for families and couples.

The view here along with the landscaping is spectacular.

Unique Quality: As above, the staff are exceptional.

• Kriesta's Profile Photo

Best Accomodation Ever i have ever had...

I am very satisfied with my stay here in the hotel. Its only 5-10mins away from the airport. The villa itself is very spacious and bright. The room is very comfortable and it have every facilities that you need. Bathroom consist of jacuzzi and its big enough for 3 person. Staff of the hotel are very friendly and a combination of great location of the pool and beach create a perfect getaway...and i can assure you, if you stay here, you will have the same satisfaction as me.

More about Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort

Baan Haad Ngam, Rocky Resort or Zazen?

by island_sushi

I'm trying to choose between these three resorts for my honeymoon in june - Has anyone stayed at the Baan Haad? Did you feel a lack of privacy from other guests? Is Rocky Resort too far to walk to Lamai? I'd really like to stay away from the bar nightlife, but i still want a beach that's nice to swim in.
Any help would be much appreciated - I'm going crazy trying to pick the perfect place!!

RE: Baan Haad Ngam, Rocky Resort or Zazen?

by SamuiDean

I can't offer any specific advice on these three resorts I'm afraid but can give you some general advice. If you want to stay away from the nightlife then avoid hotels centred around Chaweng Beach as it is very commercialised here. Quieter areas of the island to consider include Bophut and Maenam (both of which I've stayed at before - the last time was for my honeymoon when I spent a month in Maenam). Both these areas are quiet and relaxed and have good beaches.

Have a look at my home page and email me any more questions you have.

RE: RE: Baan Haad Ngam, Rocky Resort or Zazen?

by island_sushi

Thanks for your help, SamuiDean. I chose the Rocky Resort, since it's a bit more secluded and recently renovated. But we'll be checking out the other beaches for sure!

Comments