5/5 Bo Phud, , Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand

Fresh FishFresh Fish

Don't touchDon't touch

Wat KunaramWat Kunaram

by A.RODRIGUEZ

Has anybody dtayed at the Baan Hin Sai Resort? Comments?

RE: Baan Hin Sai Resort

by sarahreynold

I have heard of it but not stayed there myself, maybe someone else has, anyway here are some reviews which overall look quite good

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

Just wondering...

by Pomska

I don't actually know is it a cultural thing or not when you'll see a small house
and there's an antenna on it's roof. First I thought that it was a satellite antenna but then someone informed me that it's a normal antenna and there's free tv channels and that's why even poor people can watch tv.

This was in Koh Samui...

Green Mango, Chaweng

by deizio about Green Mango

Well, it is what it is, basically a huge melting pot of sunburned farangs with god knows what on their minds, local chicks, ladyboys looking for some (perhaps financially rewarding) action and shady thai dudes. One chick came up to me, snogged me on sight then said "Hey! Where are you from?" "um.. Scotland" "oh, I only like english guys..."

Must be said i was only there for about 15 minutes, basically i can only imagine that if you want to get laid (for free) its not gonna be too tough. Pah

To and from Bangkok

by meaganelizabeth

I flew into Koh Samui the first time, but took a train home. I was with a man so I felt quite safe, and Im really glad that I did this. First you must take a speedboat or ferry to a bus, then once on the bus, they take you to a train station. This was an overnight train. WE didnt have to book a hotel that night, and had a good night sleep. In the morning the view was interesting. You really saw the poverty and landscape surrounding bangkok. Something you can see from the mekong perhaps, but not driving around. I was very scared of the train, not sure if we might be robbed or bothered. It was comfortable and definately interesting. Seemed safe. And inexpensive, perhaps $20 rather than $100 for the flight, plus no hotel room.

Chowing down with the locals in Chaweng

by JessH about The original WILL WAIT'S

I love restaurants and cafes where "your every-day-Joe" eats... so after asking the diving instructor, our taxi driver, the lady in the internet café, the hairdresser, and the man selling fresh pineapple on the street for a nice place for a big, hearty, cheap breakfast they all recommended the same: WILL WAIT'S!

Unfortunately, I was so pre-occupied with chowing down a huge breakfast (3 days in a row) that I didn't take any pictures. But from what I remember two branches in central Chaweng, and we went to the "original" Will Wait's: open to the road with space to accommodate around 30 people, white plastic chairs and tables, and a few Buddhist deity pictures on the walls. This place is noted as being one of the most popular places for breakfast on the island. They also serve a complete menu of Asian and Western food all day, but I cannot comment on the lunch or dinner menu as we only ever came here for breakfast.
Home made fresh breads are also available, but my favourite were still the very thick and very crispy slices of white toast. Their scrambled egg seemed to be made creamier and thicker by adding some condensed milk. It might sound weird, but it tasted really nice. And the tea is fantastic...

I believe we paid around 4 US$ for a huge breakfast.

While we had breakfast, we saw delivery-drivers stopping by to quickly pick-up some sweet breakfast cakes or pancakes, and the ladies from the nearby beauty salon came in to get a take-away pot of hot tea.

Sitting here, you can somewhat distance yourself from the tourist-hype of Ko Samui, at least in the early morning for an hour or two, enables you to escape the images from the travel brochure and instead catch a glimpse of "normal" life along the Chaweng beach road.

We loved this place and it was a lovely way to start the day.

Opening Hours: 07:00am - 01:00am daily.

Mummified Monk

by Pat&ZoAnn

'Loung Pordaeng' was a wealthy resident of Samui who gave up all his earthly wealth when he became a buddhist. After he died, in 1973, his followers noticed that his body was not decaying, so they displayed it in a glass coffin, believing this to be a Buddhist miracle. He is still on display today, looking pretty good for his age

Comments