12/12 Moo 1 Bophut, Suratthani, , Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand

For the non-budget traveler
with friends or family,
The Apartments at Bo Phut
is an excellent choice.

Located right on the main street
with parking,
and splendid sea views
The Apartments are fully equipped two,
two and a half and four bedroom apartments.

All master bedrooms living/dining rooms
and kitchens have great ocean view.
There is the extra room which
is in the back of the apartment,
without a view and a bit darker.

The apartments were impeccably clean.
You canýt go wrong here.

There is a roof garden and plunge pool.

There is a 3 day minimum stay.
When is asked for the price,
it was about 4,000 Bahts.

But no printed brochure was available. Geat location.
Great place
right infront of the sea.

Eve in the Eden Bungalows

by balisunshine about Eden Bungalows at Bo Phut

Another charming location in Bo Phut
is the Eden Bungalows
right across from The Lodge.

Hence, no beach, but!
it is located in a charming, luxuriant garden
with swimming pool and restaurant in front.

Rooms are tastefully decorated,
with a private terrace and
a small interior sitting area.

The mattress was firm and sheets clean.

The bathroom is semi-open air,
(This reminded me of my beloved Bali)
and spotless.

The large restaurant in front
had a bar, pool table just in case if
you decide you need to break away
from the tranquility.

There is definitely a French feel in the air.

Price:

800 Bahts for bungalow with fan
1,200 Bahts for bungalow with a/c
1,800 Bahts for bungalow with a/c & TV

Breakfast not included,
but available in therestaurant Not in fron of the sea....
but right accross the street.

Absolutely a very charming village to stay.

Total Charm at The Lodge

by balisunshine about The Lodge

If it is within your budget,
and you can appreciate the
calm and beauty of the
Fishermen's Village in Bo Phut,
this is an excellent choice of where to stay.

Located half way on the main road
of this quaint little town,
The Lodge offers very clean rooms
and bathrooms
with a private terrace
for the rooms at higher floors,
a firm mattress, satellite TV, A/C, mini-bar,
and a beach right in front.
Hence...some rooms have a sea view.

Just make sure to reserve a room on the
2nd or 3 rd floor for the best views.

Breakfast is not included in the price,
but with so many French cafes
offering coffee and croissants,
all you need is to take a morning stroll.

Price:

1,200 - 1,800 Bahts In a lovely little village
with an European flavor to it.
Offering a selection of restaurants
and right in front of the sea.
Pleanty of peace and tranquility.

Hat Bo Phut

by clouds111

Bo Phut, a little further long from Bug Buddha beach and much more peaceful than Chaweng. The village is beautiful and the beach is lovely. The sand is not as fine as on Chaweng and the sea is less shallow as there is a port here I think BUT you don't get the hassle, it's idyllic and very quiet. Have yourself a nice Thai massage on the beach while you're there too - perfect :)

A Stop at Coffee Junction

by balisunshine about Coffee Junction

A great place to stop and chill
while touring in Koh Samui
for a coffee, breakfast or lunch
in Bo Phut Village is Coffee Junction.

The music is great,
the direct breeze from the sea is refreshing,
and the menu offer an bountiful healthy menu.

Definitely a good choice.

Lovely Little Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JK2005

Loved the extra Honeymoon touches and they upgraded us to a garden villa so let them know you are on honeymoon before you go, (if you are on honeymoon that is.) The hotel is small but I don't consider that to be a bad thing and the location is great, the Bo Phut village is a great place to walk down the beach to and all the restaurants there are great. The hotel food in the mainstream hotel resteraunt was bit disapointing but if you want a snack just get a BBQ sweetcorn from a beach seller they were realy nice.

Top Tip. The local taylors make great suits but don't get them to make jeans as they are not that good at doing anything a bit different.

Very good, but not perfect

by TripAdvisor Member JapFreak

Me and my husband just returned from Koh Samui and we stayed at a Beach front villa at Bo Phut Resort. The resort was very nice with quiet and beautiful surroundings. The villa we stayed at had a great view facing the beach / ocean where we could see amazing lighting decorations on the beach during night time. Service was impeccable, staff were very caring and very friendly, they would deliver DVDs to your door, come pick up your returning car key, and come pick up your luggage 15 minutes before you scheduled to leave the hotel. Location was good with convenient access to fishermans village and airport. It was quite amazing that the beach was just at your doorstep and we were able to walk down the beach at night to dine at restaurant next door. We had bbq lobsters and huge prawns at Gecko and it was great.

However I would say the rate is abit over priced, meaning you could pay less for staying at somewhere else with similar qualities / services e.g. Renaissance, Karma, Anatara, etc. For this price I expected some 6 star facilities and qualities but seems like Bo Phut still needs to improve.

The mango juice they offered was drained from canned mango (yeah you could tell from the sweetness), imagine this was Thailand and fresh mangos were supposed to be like everywhere!! Swimming pool was a bit small. The breakfast buffet was quite disappointing compared to Peninsula / Shangri La in Bangkok. The buffet table was full of ants and there were not many choices. The TV was only 29" and it was too small for a villa. And NO internet access in room!! I didn't expect wireless but there was not even a cable port.

If I plan again I would pick somewhere else, I wouldn't spend that much despite the nice surroundings.

Heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member Maillot-Jaune

We stayed at the Bo Phut last month. To be honest we had initially opted for the Sala Samui, but couldn’t get in and the Bo Phut was our second choice. However we thought the hotel was fabulous. We did check out the Sala Samui while we were on the island and although it looked nice and the beach certainly seemed nice, we were nonetheless very happy at the Bo Phut and would definitely be happy to stay again should we return.

We had booked a Garden Villa room including breakfast and seemed to get a pretty good rate through our travel agent in Australia. The villa was great (104) it was close to the pool and beach, but was not overlooked so really quite private. We really liked the fruit provided each day, the very spacious bathroom, the DVD library and the excellent turn down service (towels are replaced, drinking water provided, bed turned down, room tidied, rubbish removed, which we thought was better than the norm)

The hotel grounds are beautifully kept and are really quite stunning. The breakfast was good and being in the restaurant overlooking the beach made it a great relaxing start to the day.

The hotel was full while we were there, but it didn’t seem at all crowded. Everyone seemed to be into the European reserving of sun loungers and all the loungers around the pool were all taken by around 10am. Having come from Australia, we didn’t have any jet lag and I was reserving our beds when I went for a pre-breakfast swim, so it didn’t stress us at all, I guess you just have to be happy to work with the system. There were plenty of beds available on the beach though, the only downside to the beach is the beach hawkers, who were very friendly, but just a tad annoying if you feel you need to be polite and look up to say no thanks every 2 minutes. It takes me long enough to read a book as it is! However the fruit, barbequed corn and doughnut sellers were quite appreciated.

The beach was very nice, although it’s true that the sand is quite coarse and does get very pretty hot, but it’s very clean and I really enjoyed the swimming. Just take some good thongs (footwear) for walking along the beach, especially if you are walking along the beach to Fisherman’s village. We went into Fisherman’s village a couple of times. We ate at the Starfish, which was extremely average and also at the Happy Elephant which was a lot better than Starfish, the fresh fish was good, although they did try to fob us off with an old fish initially (cloudy eyes, rather than clear) and the service was dire, with a capital D but other than that ok. To be honest though, we preferred the restaurants along the beach but nearer to the hotel. Walk left along the beach and try Cactus, it was great! Really good, cheap cocktails, very good Thai food and really friendly service. This was the only place on Samui we went back to. There is also a good place on the beach here for Thai massage too.

If you go into Chaweng, try the Lara’s Dream Restaurant, it’s upstairs overlooking the main drag. (above Boot’s chemist) It’s great to overlook the street, but be away from the main hustle while eating. It’s Italian food mostly, but I had the best Green Chicken Curry I’ve ever had here.

Overall great holiday, great location and Samui is a truly fantastic place.

No Place Compares

by TripAdvisor Member osdpotf

This is the most wonderful place I have ever been in the world! The people at this hotel make you feel like royalty. We were here on our honeymoon and when we arrived the hotel staff had written "Happy Honeymoon" on our bed with flowers! Unfortunately we were only there for two nights before moving on to Bangkok, where we stayed at the Peninsula. On this trip we also stayed at the Four Seasons in Chiang Mai. Each hotel was magnificent, but Bo Phut was our favorite, we felt so at home there we didn't want to leave. I will definitely return to this place some time in the future.

We stayed in an Ocean View Room, had a jacuzzi on the balcony and the bed was HUGE!! Anything we needed the staff was ready and happy to provide. The bathroom was very clean and the bath supplies were great.

I can't say enough about this place. Koh Samui is beautiful and we saw many people there with families as well as couples on getaways.

fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member boeing747

After months of reading reviews on this hotel it is now my turn! The welcome could not have more more pleasant, we were treat like royalty. We stayed in a dlx nocean view room with jacuzzi on balcony over looking the sea, just wonderful.
We hadbreakfast included in our Kuoni package, and it was fabulous, you could not ask for more, the lady who makes the omelettes is such a helpful joyful person with a lovely smile.
The pool boys are very attentive , and make you feel so special nothing is too much trouble,the pool area is lovely . now to the beach, i wasn't sure what to expect after reading mixed reviews on here , here in our opinion is the truth, it is a glorious beach quite coarse sand that gets really hot to walk on, i burnt my feet !
the sea as mentioned before is not clear blue like the maldives, be never the less is not too bad, yes there is seaweed on the sea bed which made my wife uneasy, but i was fine with it.
as mentioned in previous views fishermans village is a great place to eat out in. we walked down the beach every night had drinks in aussie bar, then went next door to Happy Elephant, pete a thai man was so helpful, and food wonderful, also highly recomended are shack, star fish, and the indian.
we had massage on beach every day for 300 baht each for an aloe vera one heaven !!
jah on reception very helpful. have great time we will be back go to koh tao too lovely

BO PHUT SHOPSBO PHUT SHOPS

Wat Bo Phut, Ban Bo Phut, Koh Samui, ThailandWat Bo Phut, Ban Bo Phut, Koh Samui, Thailand

bo phut beach

by sabeth

hello!!
Does anyone know bo phut beach at ko samui?
I´ve heard that it shouldn´t be so fantastic for swimming...

Re: bo phut beach

by Pat&ZoAnn

Bophut is not the best, but it is close to Maenam beach, which is nice. Chaweng and Lamai beaches are good, too, and closer to the nightlife. See my Koh Samui page for more info

Re: bo phut beach

by travelagent4thailand

bo phut is probably my most favorite and it's also away about 10 minutes by car from the chaweng (downtown) of samui...

bo phut is excellent, but seldom people choose it, wonser why?

if you are going, try the SAMUI PALM BEACH and get the beach front villa! excellent!

if you need help, let me know..

happy samuing,
winston

KOH SAMUI where to stay ? BO PHUT RESORT- POPPIES- SANDALWOOD VILLAS

by mehbos37

Hi people,

We are planning to visit Koh Samui in late August for a week. I am focusing on above mentioned options. Anyone has been to those ?

I read that there is also a Full Moon Party on 28 th August at Koh Phangan.Do you think it is a good idea to go there??

Finally , we would love to see Koh Phi Phi ( The Beach Movie island) but I presume it is a remote area .Any suggestions for a practical transfer?I guess there is no sea connection.

Many thanks in advance.

Mehmet

Re: KOH SAMUI where to stay ? BO PHUT RESORT- POPPIES- SANDALWOOD VILLAS

by Gillybob

There are plenty of tours from both Phuket and Krabi which will take you to see the beach from the movie. They also run from Koh Phi Phi Don which is accessible by local ferry which has a regular service.

Re: KOH SAMUI where to stay ? BO PHUT RESORT- POPPIES- SANDALWOOD VILLAS

by Jazzop

Koh Samui is not near Koh Phi Phi. It's on the other side of Thailand!

You'll need to go to either Krabi or Phuket, as already mentioned, and Bangkok Air fly between Koh Samui and Phuket.

Diving in Ko Samui and beach depth in Hat Bo Phut

by balihai69

Hi friends!

Just a quick question about the weather in mid-end november. is it good enough to dive and have a nice time in the beach? I´ve read that it´s a bit windy and sometimes rainy ... should i wait some days to book flight-hotel-diving in order to have a more accurate and closer weather forecast?

By the way, I want to stay in Hat Bo Phut, but the Lonely Planet says that between October and April the deep of the water could be so low that swimming could be impossible ... somebody knows anything about it or where I could get info about it?

thanks a lot!

by Kakapo2

My husband is in Thailand right now, and has been on Koh Samui some days ago. It is raining a lot and steaming hot and humid.

Cannot answer the questions with the water depth but he was snorkeling and loved it.

P.S.

by Kakapo2

If Had Bo Phut is Bo Phut... There are some brandnew photos of the area and one of the pier of Bo Phut - but I cannot see how deep the water is...

by balihai69

Thanks for your answer, Kakapo2. I´ve been talking to one of the diving schools in the island and they don´t recommend either november or december as it´s still monsoon season in Ko Samui. We have been told to go to the west coast as the dry season is starting there, so we´ll try in the Phuket area

by Kakapo2

Yes, this might be true. It was still raining there last week - but they also had dry spells. My husband was in Krabi and An Luk (or whatever... something with An... in the area) and loved it. He said it was nicer than the Koh Samui region which is overrun by tourists. It was also good for snorkeling, so perhaps also for diving.

Comments