Bonny Hotel

Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Ko Samui

Bang Rak village by nightBang Rak village by night

Wat Plai Laem - The white BiddhaWat Plai Laem - The white Biddha

Picture with a tigerPicture with a tiger

Laem Sor BayLaem Sor Bay

Ko Samui, Ko Samet or Ko Tao for a family?

by evamariapaula

I included Ko Samui to our trip this August with my family (2 adults, 3 kids). After reading the reviews on Ko Samui I wonder if it is a bit too commercial for us. Which island would you recommend for a family with small kids (9, 7 & 4)? We would love just to enjoy the beach (without sellers to hassle us) and snorkel. Thanks for your help. Eva

by johnaalex

You don't say which beach you are aiming to stay at, but one of the things I really like about Thailand is that even on the busiest beaches, sellers do not hassle you. On Samui Chaweng is the busiest beach, but even then it is only really busy at the north end.

Regards

John

by evamariapaula

Thanks, John. I read in a few forums that sellers on the beaches (probably have to check which beach)are very persistent and annoying and that's the last thing I am looking for in a holiday! Can you recommend beaches in Ko Samui that are more laid back and quiet? Thanks, Eva

by johnaalex

Eva

Lamai beach is one that might be good for you.

Regards

John

by windcity

Have you thought about Ko Chang, The beaches are much quieter than your other 3 choices. The journey from Bangkok is much shorter too.

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

Interested in a Reading?

by balisunshine

A reading is an intimate session in which you
get in touch with a higher authority of yourself.

Through channeling your spiritual companions
who are always around,
you get more information than is accessible for you
in your day consciousness.

Whether you want to find out the meanings and
causes of your problems,
to ask questions that can help your personal development
or you would like your chakras read,
a reading may provide clarity and
insight into yourself.

Tel. 09-9096581

Gallery in Samui

by sacrebleu about Baan Soi Gemstones

This is an amazing gallery cum restaurant. I have already written about the restaurant side and here goes how mesmerising I was when I first found this shop. I was like a child in a candy shop and couldn't sit still while I was waiting for my food to come.

It is a big shop sells Thai handicrafts which seemed to be cheaper than the shops in Chaweng but what I want to recommend is their hand-made jewellery. All items are made with different stones sourced from around the world since the owner travels a lot too. Mai, who is the cousin of the shop owner, has been making jewellery for 3 years. They sell Thai antique silver (rare to find in Thailand) by gram for 30B and also crystals etc. Mai can custom-made ear-rings/bracelet/necklace to your satisfaction. She has made me 2 pairs of lovely ear-rings with star fish and dragon fly respectively. I have also asked her to convert the red coral key-ring into a big ear-ring for me. She is literally so talented and has an artistic personality too lol. So please don't bargain with her. Red Coral Key-ring. Silver ear-rings. A Cock Coat Hanger. Vary.

Don't Delay, Rent a Scooter Today.

by acaciawould

The absolute best part of my trip to Samui was riding a scooter around the island. While I had never riden one before, and come from a country in which we drive on the right side of the street, not the left as in Thailand, I thought it was easy to get used to and turned out to be the cheapest way to get around. You can rent them almost anywhere and this seems to be the preferred method of transportation for locals, as well. However, the traffic can be heavy in Chaweng so you should be Very careful. Although you won't be traveling too fast in town, the locals do and if you're not careful, you may get off balance as the traffics stops suddenly. Also, be careful where you park. The parking may not be in the same place it was the day before. Look for other bikes parked in the same area and park off the street whenever possible.

The Chicken Lady

by Pat&ZoAnn

We actually saw a photograph of this woman on a web page before we left for Thailand, but weren't expecting to find her. She carried around two enamel pans that she used as a barbeque, and cooked chicken kebabs, as well as a few other items, right there on the beach. She also sold donuts, and a few sweets.

Excitements

by masonwong

What I did:
Gun shooting, Paintball shooting, spa (we tried Peace Tropical Spa), shopping, swimming...

What I missed / wasn't bothered to miss:
Cabaret show, Thai boxing, snorkeling, etc...

Comments