Buri Rasa Village was a delight. You wouldn't believe this sanctuary is in the heart of Chaweng Beach. We had a courtyard room with a dip pool, which was just lovely. The water in the dip pool was freezing unfortunately, so we didn't use it, but it was still great to have your own garden to relax in.
The staff were exceptional - everything from booking confirmation to checking out, the staff were efficient and friendly. The location is great - just out of the crazy part of the Chaweng, but only a few minutes walk away. The hotel even suggested a tailor - who was excellent and reasonable value.
The beachfront restaurant is good, although not excellent, but the Italian restaurant is superb. And the chocolate souffle is one of the best desserts I have had!
The rooms were clean, quiet and beautifully fitted out. Having an al a carte menu for breakfast was great, as was the free champagne.
A cocktail hour at sunset was the only thing missing.
Overall this was a wonderful resort and I'll definately be back.
My family and I travelled to Koh Samui and after reading lots of reviews about different hotels we decided this one was best for us.
We stayed in the Sea View Suite which was one of the biggest rooms in this resort which was cosy and quiet.there are only 30 or so rooms ,so even at peak season felt empty. No problems getting a poolside lounge and the beach was clean and pristine. The staff were nothing short of exceptional. We travelled with 4 small children and they knew us all by name, which is a nice touch. They just could not do enough for us.
The only down side is that there are stairs everywhere and no lift, which I believe is necessary for the elderly or disabled and to a lesser degree luggage and baby strollers. so everytime you leave the room there are steps to contend with. All in all we really had a good time and will stay at the Buri Rasa again.
Good place to stay!
My friend and I stayed here in 13-18/9 (total 5 nights) and would like to highly recommend it to you:
- Just locate beside the main street in Chaweng, but the hotel environment is quiet and cozy.
- Chaweng beach is just outside the hotel and this part of the beach is wide and clean.
Nice Room and Facilities
- The entire hotel looks new and with a good maintenance.
- Although the room we booked is the standard one, it has a nice design and a beautiful balcony.
- There are a plenty of beach chairs for us to enjoy the sun shine.
- Breakfast in restaurant near the beach, some foods are prepared upon you placed an order and they are yummy.
- We had a dinner in another restaurant, Green Olive which provides Italian food. We ordered salad, pasta and pizza. All of them are delicious and the price is reasonable.
- Clean the room around 3 times per day, and left the different fruit/refreshment in the room.
- While we are enjoying the sunshine in the beach, they provided cold towels, fresh fruits for us.
- Free DVD borrowing
- Hotel staff helped us to book the day trip, provided the breakfast boxes and towels for our trip.
- Staff proactively called us to arrange the time and travel to the airport at the day before we leave.
stayed here for a few nights in october 06, wonderful place, gorgeous rooms, lovely part of the beach, fantastic staff. Quite liked the small pool, but there were not that many guests in this low season so usually had it to ourselves. restaurant in the evening was lovely too, right by the beach.
some nice little places to eat and drink at along the beach. Personally found the main street of bars and restaurants pretty tacky and similar to any developed resort, but a good vibe about the place.
Chaweng central restaurant
someone can recommend me a good restaurant near buri rasa hotel... were can i eat fresh lobster please?
a hug for all and many thanks
Re: Chaweng central restaurant
Pisces 99 will be able to accommodate you for your fresh lobster.When you leave Buri Rasa turn left it`s within walking distance maybe 800 metres, between Central Samui Beach Resort & Chaweng Resort.
Also any evening around 6 pm take a stroll along the beach & most restaurants will have their supply of fresh seafood on display,this is also the case if you walk along the beach road.
Either way you will have absolutely no worries finding a nice lobster or whatever else you might desire.
Hope this helps
Re: Chaweng central restaurant
thanks a lot for your answer... i saw later now i am in phuket... but for next time i will go there.