Centara Grand Beach Resort

38/2 Moo 3, Borpud Chaweng Beach, (formerly Central Samui Resort), , Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand

Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 48% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• One of the biggests in Chaweng

White house in Chaweng :)
    Apart from the great beach, white soft sand, it is just another five stars hotel.
    The garden is quite nice, with lotus ponds.
    Something weird with the bathroom, the position of the bath tub is very high, need to raise your leg very high to get in, and getting out can be dangerous, i almost slipped.
    There are wide ranges of amenities provided such as after sun gel, bath salts, sun lotion SPF 20, which are very nice.
    The gym is nice, u can run on the treadmill facing the beach. The sauna is very small, more than 3 persons, be cramped like sardines.

Unique Quality: i love the beach, soft sands, no rocks, very comforting to the sole .
    The location is on Chaweng, outside the hotel, there are so many restaurants, cafe, massages, travel bookings. Chaweng is very convenients.

Directions: Chaweng beach

More about Centara Grand Beach Resort

A luxury holiday spot

by Kivi about Central Samui Beach Resort

The hotel has won a lot of service awards and it's located on a chawengs best beach.

There are 200 deluxe seafacing rooms and suites in a complex of units designed to accentuate the natural tropical environment.

9 different restaurants has something to offer for everybody. Fabulous pools, clean and wide beach and still close to Chaweng shops and bars. If you wanna pamper yourself, that's your spot. Spa, pools, restaurants, beach, nightlife... what else you migth need?

Beautiful but Pricey

by lindaloo76 about Central Samui Beach Resort

This hotel is huge and it confused me at first but I think that's cos my brain had stopped working from chilling out on a beach for a couple of weeks!

The staff were very friendly, the rooms were very clean and were very big. There were shutter doors that opened up between the bathroom and the bedroom and then overlooked the balcony which was lovely when you were in the bath although both me and my friend slipped getting into the bath on 2 separate occasions and nearly went through these doors!

The balcony was really big, there was a lovely view overlooking the gardens and then out to the beach.

My friends got married in this hotel and the staff couldn't have been nicer or treated them better than they did. Everything went perfectly on the day.

The only problem is the price of the hotel and the price of the food and drink as Thailand isn't meant to be that expensive, but then again, if you're staying here, you may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb!

The spa on the grounds is lovely, but is exceptionally pricey and if you leave the complex, you get the same treatment for 1/4 of the price. The views out from the balcony were fantastic, the grounds are beautiful with lots of night time noise that you just don't get in rainy Ireland! :D

Nicest Hotel in the Main Part of Koh Samui

by richyoon about Central Samui Beach Resort

The hotel itself is fabulous. Wide-open Lobby, beautiful scenary, and large impressive grounds off Chaweng Beach. The pool area is really nice, and we could of spent our entire time there. The rooms were decent, but nothing too spectacular. The restaurants at the hotel were fine, but being more adventuresome, we liked to go into the neighborhood to check out various restaurants. We liked the location of the hotel with respect to hanging out around the main shopping areas and nightlife.

However, the service was probably not as good as the other places in Thailand where we stayed. It still good compared to US standards, but definitely nowhere near the top notched hotels in Asia. A reason may be b/c the hotel is relatively large and almost always full (from my research), and thus, the service seemed much less personable. The maid service also seemed to be mediocre. No matter what there always seemed to be sand in our room. Pool Area Is Spectacular and Proximity to the Beach and Nightlife.

Try Dives

by subhuman

I fairly recently obtained my Open water Diver license with Samui Planet Scuba based at Central Samui Beach Resort. I booked the course over internet prior to arrival and was given the full details of the courses available and invited to before the course started visit their office for a discover scuba experience in the safety of the hotels pool. I spent around 20 minutes with a member of their staff swimming in the pool just to get a feel for it all and after the initial uncertainty thats it I was hooked!!!

Definately reccomend if your unsure whether divings for you to take advantage of this free experience All equipment is provided

Very relaxing stay

I stayed at the Central Samui Beach Resort with my wife in June 2005. We stayed for 5 nights and used most services that the resort has on offer. I can't think of a single thing that we were not happy with. The staff really made it such a pleasure to stay there.

Wonderful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rachlamb1

I stayed at the Central Samui Beach resort from 2nd to 13th October 2005.
Upon arrival we were welcomed with cold towels and a cocktail, not bad after a 22 hour journey from the uk!
Reception is large and spacious with plenty of staff members on hand to assist.
Room was beautiful, biggest bed I have ever seen, with a large balcony overlooking the lush garden area. Rooms were kept clean, and the beds turned down each evening by the maids (a fresh flower was placed on each pillow too).
Fantastic air conditioning, fridge with average priced snacks and drinks.
Breakfast served daily from 6.30am till 10.00am. Great choice of food, from traditional English, to Sushi, to Pancakes to Thai food. Recommend bed & breakfast as breakfast is charged at 1000TB.
Lovely pool area, the pictures on the website do not do it justice. Swim up pool bar, called Dip & Sip, again prices not too over the top.
Pool towels provided and plenty of sunbeds available, either by the poolside or on the beach.
Staff very friendly and hospitable.
Overall a fantastic hotel, would recommend to anyone.

Fantastic value for money

by TripAdvisor Member pamela1640

Having read some detrimental reviews we were very apprehensive about the booking we had made for this hotel, however we were very relieved to find that what we had read was utter nonsense.
I stayed for 12 nights with my husband, our friends and their 2 children aged 12 and 14. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. The hotel had all the facilities one would expect, it was clean and the level of comfort more than adequate. Beds were very comfortable. The food was excellent, varied and very cheap for a hotel of this sort. The hotel grounds and pool were well kept and there were plenty of sun loungers.
The beach was stunning, very clean and peaceful. Watersports were available at very reasonable prices and the water was safe for swimming. The spa offered all the usual treatments and although it is obviously more expensive than a beach massage or going to one of the massage parlours on the main road, it was worth it for the beautiful surroundings. The price was still a fraction of the prices in the UK e.g. £5 for a 1 hour pedicure.
I would have no hesitation in going back to this hotel or in recommending it - we had a fabulous holiday with no complaints whatsoever.

Faultless to a Tee

We stayed in this hotel for 8 nights in March 05 and simply din't want to leave. Of all the hotels we saw in the area, Central Samui Chaweng was by far the best overall. The well-groomed and well laid-out grounds provide a perfect setting for the hotel. We especially liked the "colonial" style of the main hotel reception and dining area (although the open-sided architecture did mean this part of the hotel was not air-conditioned).

The hotel has a single pool, but due to the layout, its varied shape, is in effect smaller pools interconnected, and all at a practical depth of around 1.5m. There is a relaxing pool bar, fountains and jacuzzi too.

What was particuarly pleasing was the large extent of landscaped grounds with the full or partial shade provided by the palms. The grounds were impecibly kept (there were staff brushing the footpaths early every morning).

The rooms, although not large, were perfectly spacious enough and presented. We particuarly liked the window in the shower! The veranda was spacious with good quality furniture, and views of the grounds and sea. The air-con worked a treat!

What pleased us most about the hotel was the professionalism and friendliness that the satff showed us at all times. We visited 2 months after the tsunami, and the hotel was full to the brink. But you wouldn't know it by the service provided by the staff. They were all faultless in our experience!

The food was great. The breakfast was as varied as one could ever hope for, giving options of full English, continental, Thai and Chinese. During our stay, the hotel put on a "seafood market", which was an outdoor barbeque of numerous sea food with a large selection of salads and Thai accompaniments. As much as one could eat for £7.00! Fabulous food for less than a high street take-away pizza here in the UK. They also did a "Polynesian" night, which was similar but actually on the beach, and was very popular, so book early!

We visited the spa twice, and now wished we'd gone every day. Little touches like little guppy fish swimming in a bowl directly below you whislt having a massage was so surreal.

The hotel is also positioned on the southern end of the Chaweng beach, which in our opinion was slightly quieter and definitley more upmarket end of the resort.

We couldn't fault our stay, and if we go back to Samui, will stay at this hotel without doubt.

A little disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member Alba20

We visited Koh Samui a few years ago and like the look of the hotel when we visited so booked it for our trip in Feb 05.

We had booked our 4nts accommodation via the hotel web-site. On arrival we handed our paperwork to reception, we knew there was a problem when the reception manager appeared. The hotel was over-booked and we could only stay 3nts, apprently they had e-mailed the week before to ask for a deposit, but hadn't received a reply so they cancelled our booking. When we viewed the e-mail, they had sent it to the wrong address, so they offered to find alternative accommodation for the last night. I asked for breakfast to be included in our stay by way of compensation, he said ok, but only if we agreed to check out after 3nts. He then came back and said he was withdrawing the offer of breakfast and we could stay the 4nts, apparently they had cancelled someone elses booking who had not yet arrived!

A guest appeared at reception complaining very loudly about her room and asking to be moved. We were told our room would be ready in 15-20 mins, but you guessed it they were giving us the room she was complaining about. We said no way to that so they found us another room.

After we settled in I was still annoyed so asked to speak to the manager and commented that it wasn't what we expected of a hotel of that standard and it left us with a very poor impression and was not at all what we expected of a hotel in the far east. We received a letter of apology from the manager who offered to reinstat the breakfast offer by way of compensation.

The hotel is in a good location, room furniture a bit tired and in need of replacement. Overall there are better places to stay in Samui. I for one will not be returning to the Central Samui.

Central Samui Beach ResortCentral Samui Beach Resort

Booking Accom on Line

by pearl05

Heya guys just wondering has anybody booked their accom stright from the hotel websites? i am really interested in booking at Centara Grand Beach Resort in Krabi but it wont give me the exact $$$ until i give all my account details and i'm worried as it doesnt state Taxes etc.. that i'll get stung with $$$. Spoke to my travel agent and she freaked me out by saying even tho its cheap on the hotels websites the hide thier fees in taxes. Dont know if travel agents is trying to protect or scare me. thanks : )

by unaS

Never, ever give your bank details to anyone that won't tell you the full charge in advance!

I have booked many hotels in different countries on the internet.
Most request credit card details in advance, but only for their own insurance in case you don't show up.
Even those that do take a deposit in advance never take more than either 10% of the total bill (which amount they announce in advance) or the cost of one night's lodging - again as insurance against a no-show.

by johnaalex

Tax and service charge should add up to about 17%. I agree it is strange that the Centara web site does not give the full price until you have completed your details etc.

I have stayed at this hotel and as nice as it is, having to wait for boats to get you too and from the town was something I did not like. I suggest you read my tip at http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7e55c/160d83/3/ before you book.

Regards

John

by GracesTrips

I stayed at the Sand and Sea Resort in Krabi. It was very straight forward what I would be charged. I reserved the hotel and transport via email with my credit card info and all was fine. I wasn't charged until my last day of stay. I think if you go during the off season they even have great deals like stay 3 nights get the 4th night free. I also booked an airport hotel for our last night through agoda.com because it was cheaper than booking through the hotel's site. That worked out, too! I know some sites look shady and you should be careful. I'm not familiar with the Centara Grand Beach Resort in Krabi. There are only a handful of hotels there. All I can say is staying on West Railay Beach is much nicer than staying on East Railay Beach. Have fun!

Comments