Chaweng Beach, , Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand

More about Chaweng Cabana Resort

Koh Samui

by judz

"Chaweng Cabana"

Lovely bungalows..right on the beach.

"The view from our bungalow"

"The shrimp boats"

These boats looked so close you could walk out to them....dozens of boats in and then all of sudden they would be gone!!

"Thai time"

This is one of the staff at the elephant show we went to - very laid back.

"My friend Paew"

Relaxing with a Pina Colada. Paew is the receptionist at the Baan Talay...we were the first guest to ever book there and we became good friends...I would like to go back to see her one day..

anyone been to 'Samui New Star Resort' ?

by hattythomson

hello,

my friend and i are visiting Koh Samui late june for 10days to do a bit of diving (not lots though) and after looking online at all the hotels have found one called 'Samui New Star Resort' - has anyone been to this resort? is it in a nice area?

where would you say is a good area if it is not. i have heard lamai beach has a problem with mugging - is this true?

also do you think it is a good idea to stay in one part of the island for a few days and then move to a different location? or can you tour round the island easily?

thanks alot for your help

Harriet

Re: anyone been to 'Samui New Star Resort' ?

by Kerryhughes

I went to Ko Samui 2 years ago and stayed on Chaweng Beach at the Chaweng Regent. The beach and the hotel are fantastic. The area is a little commercialised. Lots of shops selling rip off DVDs and CDs.

I went on an island tour while there and saw one of the waterfalls (not sure which) as far as I can remember the tour was not expensive.
I hope this helps

Re: anyone been to 'Samui New Star Resort' ?

by The_loft_samui

South Chaweng is a good place to stay. I get good reviews from my customers about "Chaweng cove" and "Chaweng Cabana". It's not right on top of "party central" but the sea is nicer down the southern end (no rocks and not too shallow at low tide)

SUMUI BUNGALOWS

by EPEKINDINI

HI, I WILL BE GOING TO SUMUI AT THE END OF NOVEMBER W/ MY FIANCE. WERE IN OUR 20'S AND STILL WANT TO BE IN THE MIX OF IT ALL; HOWEVER WE WOULD LOVE TO STAY AT A BUNGALOW ON THE WATER. PRICE REALLY ISNT AN ISSUE BUT LUXURY IS! HAS ANYONE STAYED AT THE BANANA FAN SEA? IF SO, HOW IS IT AND IS THERE ANY OTHER RECOMENDATIONS?

Re: SUMUI BUNGALOWS

by kimmo_v

Well, i think Sand Sea Resort is a place for you. It isnt 5 star place, but very near. It is at Lamai beach which is much quieter than Chaweng beach.
A BIG bungalow on the beach with a/c, tv, BIG bath tube, shower, king size bed, mini bar and breakfast for 3200-3500 bahts.

Re: Re: SUMUI BUNGALOWS

by EPEKINDINI

THANK YOU, THIS HELPS ALOT!

Re: SUMUI BUNGALOWS

by The_loft_samui

Try "Chaweng Cabana". It's on Chaweng beach "party central" but away from the disco's and bars. The sea isn't as shallow at low tide, so there is good swimming at all times. a 5 minute taxi ride gets you to "soi green mango" (party central). I have a restaurant in Chaweng, and diners at my place tell me that Cabana is great. 1500 baht - 2300 baht. Alll rooms have air-con, cable tv and hot water. There's a pool too.

Good Luck :-)

Re: Re: SUMUI BUNGALOWS

by EPEKINDINI

THANK YOU, WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING IN CHAWENG BUT NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL THE ACTION. WE LIKE TO PARTY BUT ALSO GO HOME TO SOME QUIET. THANKS, I WILL LOOK INTO THIS.

Most suitable beach location

by Boeckli

Hi,
for a Ko Samui holiday during August or September, which beach area would be most suitable for a nice, relaxing swim (i.e. no crashing waves but also not only knee-deep water)?
Are there any problems with jelly-fish on Ko Samui?
Do any resort areas of the island suffer from aircraft noise? (I read that there are quite a number of flights to/from the island every day) - should one avoid certain areas due to noise from flying aircraft?

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Boeckli

by mamasan69

Hi Boeckli, I can't tell you which beaches are good in Aug-Sept because I have only been in February. I will be back in Ko Samui myself this September so I guess we will both find out about the beach.
As for the jelly fish, I did see some small dead ones on the beach when I was here, but they never bothered me.
Where I stayed on Chaweng Beach the aircraft noise can be heard but it wasn't too bad.
Have a great trip and I hope this helps a little.
Kevin

by Whiston

Hi

Maenam beach is what you're looking for I think. The water is deep enough for swimming within a few metres and the sea is normally calm. There is no aircraft noise at all & all the bungalow set ups & hotels are well away from the main road so no traffic noise either. There are sometimes jellyfish, but only small ones that don't pose a problem.

Hope you enjoy yourself.

by Munerz

Chaweng beach is a prime location that is not far from the action but quiet at the same time. We stayed for 6 weeks and never had a prob with any aircraft flying over. The beach is excellant but the hotel pool's are probably nicer

by The_loft_samui

The southern end of Chaweng is usually calm at that time of year...Also, the planes come in on the northern end, so the noise shouldn't be a problem...Actually, the northern end is the place that has very shallow water at low tide (if any) AND low flying aircraft (maybe that's why the disco's are there too) !! Try "Chaweng Cabana" I've heard some very good reports about it from customers at my restaurant. The water is always at a very good level for swimming. Bear in mind though, that the weather starts to get a bit rainy in those months but the waterfalls are fantastic when there's rain.

Enjoy your trip.