4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

155/4 Chaweng Beach Rd, Chaweng, Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand

Expedia.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Location Location Location

Chaweng Regent is in an excellent location. The front of the resort is right in the middle of Chaweng Beach Road with shops, restaurants galore at your front door step, and at the back of the property is glorious Chaweng Beach. Noise is not an issue, although at night you will here fire crackers going off until midnight. The breakfast buffet is superb and the location of the restaurant on the beach is fantastic. Stay in a deluxe regency room, these face the garden pool, there is another pool by the beach as well. If you are expecting to cool off in the pools, dream on! Its like being in a warm bath because its very hot in Samui. Would stay here again for sure!

Unique Quality: Two great Pools
    Excellent Buffet Breakfast
    Great Location

• sparklyone's Profile Photo

CHAWENG RESORT

On arrival we were greated with a fruit punch drink at the lovely but small open air reception area while we were checked in. The front area of the resort (reception, shops, spa etc) are surrounded in beautiful lush rainforest type plants with large ponds and streams. There are raised boardwalks surrounded in lush gardens which take you through the resort to the rooms/pools/restaurant/beach. We had a Deluxe room which was an average size and pleasant enough... although I did find the bathroom a little squashy, and our balcony looked over a small dirt road next to the resort (not very scenic). As it was our honeymoon there was a complimentary bottle of wine, cake and rose petals had been set out on our bed in the shape of a love heart. There are 2 main pool areas, one is right next to the beach, and the other (which is nicer) is set back a little way from the beach in the 'Regency Wing'. If I were to stay here again i would choose to stay in the Regency Wing as you would have a gorgoeus view over the pool. The breakfasts were GREAT! A little bit of everything. We didnt eat lunch/dinner at the resorts restaurants as there were so many available within minutes walk. One special one to mention that you MUST go to is across the road and to the right about 200 metres. I cant remember the name but it is very large and has a wooden boat out the front. They had a thai banquet that was to die for!

Directions: On the main shopping/restaurant strip of Chaweng Beach, but not right in the middle of all the noise and hussle and bussle. It is within 5-10 minutes walk of the centre area.

• tere1's Profile Photo

Very nice hotel in Chaweng beach

The Chaweng Regent is located on the beachfront of Chaweng Beach. Its rooms (small cottages) are very comfortable with a great thai feeling on the decoration. It has lovely grounds , very well kept. I loved the huge breakfasts they served on an open air restaurant by the beach. Besides this restaurant it also has other restaurants and pool bars. They have also two great pools and a good spa, though I found the treatment prices a but expensive. All in all a great hotel and I loved my stay there.

Unique Quality: Though it's located in a busy area of Chaweng beach, next to most of the shopping and restaurants, it's very quiet and you will hear no noise from outside

Directions: Chaweng beach front

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Right by the beach: Chaweng Regent Beach Resort

This was a resort heavily favoured by German tourists then.

Location wise, it was just fantastic. There were several convenient stores within walking distance. All the main restaurants, shops, boutiques, pubs & bars were all within walking distance. The road outside the resort in 1998 was one of the best, meaning it was tarmaced. The beach is just behind the resort, a short walk after the pool and it was one of the best stretches of Chaweng Beach: fine, soft & white sand.

The room was comfortable and came with a balcony with sunbathing chairs. Lovely manicured gardens with soft waterfalls and fountains connect every part of the resort, creating an garden of Eden atmosphere.

Unique Quality: The pool was fantastic - came with a view of the beach!

Directions: In Chaweng Village

More about Chaweng Regent Beach Resort

Thai Dances

by tere1

One thing you shouldn't miss is a performance of traditional thai dances. Most resorts in Koh Samui carry them during dinner time or as night entertainement. These colourful performances are really pleasant . I saw one in our hotel, the Chaweng Regent Beach Resort.

loved the chaweng regent

by TripAdvisor Member thevulch

cant recomend it enough. fantastic location wonderfull staff and well equiped rooms. cant fault it. cash machines everywhere so no problem there. beach fine but sea too shallow to swim in. you have to walk down a bit to swim. pools are a dream tho. everything so cheap. charge all pool and resteraunt bill to room and pay with credit card. preferably nationwide c c as they dont have any nasty charges.

Really liked Chaweng Regent

by TripAdvisor Member Peksu

I stayed at the Chaweng Regent in 2002 and really enjoyed it. We spent our first 3 nights in 5 star Sofitel Silom in Bangkok so we had certain expectations built up.

First of all, the location of the hotel is great; it's conveniently near good restaurants / bars + shopping, still away from the busy party scene and noisy traffic. Instead of using the road in front of the reception, we mostly walked up and down the beach to find a restaurant or a drink.

Eventhough a bit cramped, the hotel grounds are beautiful. NIce wooden walk paths, ponds, palm trees and two lovely pools. The nearer the beach you stay the nicer the hotel feels, the best villas are directly by the sea.

We didn't try the restaurants, but ate at nearby beach restaurants, plenty of them around. Great food and atmosphere, very reasonable prices.

I had only 2 things I felt disappointed with; extremely slow service in the reception and the beach. It took ages to get a room on arrival and ages to check out. Otherwise service was good. The beach is lovely, wide and white sand. However, in the front of the hotel, it's very shallow and further out is the surfaced reef. This pretty much obstructs any real swimming. If you walk down the beach few hundred meters, you will find good places to swing though.

I used to lift weights during those days, so I used the gym several times during our stay. It was actually pretty good. Eventhough quite small and catering to more light aerobic type workout, I found enough free weights, bench & shoulder press etc. to train harder. And there were several exercise bikes as- well.

All in all, the hotel is a good option for a vacation in Samui. It's not the most luxorius hotel on the island, but solid 4 star and valuewise a good choice.

Koh Samui Hotel

by Sunchild about Chaweng Regent

We stayed in Chaweng Regent Hotel a few years ago. That was our first trip to Thailand and it made us feel like living in a paradise! Chaweng Regent Resort was a lovely 3star+-hotel and was affordable for us in 1996. Since then, it became a 4star hotel and the prices have gone up tremendously - unfortunately.

Should you intent to stay there, take a "Deluxe" room. These rooms are situated at the second pool area and are nice and quiet (although a little small - but sufficiant!). We really enjoyed to have the pleasure of great garden views and pool views at the same time and only a few steps before we could enter the pool. Made us feel like this was our "private" pool. Moreover, most people swim at the main pool and that makes the second pool area very attractive! And it is large, too. The garden is absolutely beautiful. You feel like beeing in a jungle (with outside "jungle"-showers", something my husband favoured very much ;-) .

Chaweng regent is/was situated at the south (?) far end of Chaweng beach (this might have changed by now as Chaweng surely has become bigger tremendously since then ... ?).

What we though was ideal at the time, was the fact, that going out at the front entrance, we had busy Chaweng with shops and restaurants at our door steps - and going out the beach entrance, there was peace and calmness and it was ever so relaxing to walk on the beach looking for a nice restaurant!

Food (we only had breakfast) was excellent, too. Buffet with anything you can think off.

Live Entertainment in the evenings, either at the beach bar or at the entrance bar. (Try not to get a room near the entrance bar!)

In Koh Samui we actually...

by Bloch

In Koh Samui we actually stayed at two different resorts. The first one was called “Long Island Beach Resort” and is located on Lamai Beach. The resort is located on a very quiet beach just a short walking distance from the town of Lamai Beach. The rooms are all basically little huts. The huts vary with regard to amenities from simple with no air to luxury huts with air, TV, etc. The resort also has a awesome pool by the ocean with a little restaurant/lounge next to it. The people whom work at the resort were very friendly and I would highly recommend staying here if you are on the island. Plus, if you are American the resort is very cheap. In fact the dollar is very strong in Thailand currently (2000) therefore everything is relatively inexpensive.

The second half of our stay in Koh Samui we stayed at Chaweng Regent Resort and may I say High Class! I never really have stayed at a luxury beach side resort before but since things were relatively inexpensive for us we decided to live it up a little. Beautiful place with everything you can imaging from numerous restaurants and an international cuisine, health facility, rental facilities for beach related items, daily exertions, etc. We received fresh flowers everyday, our bed was pulled down every night and at night all the surrounding resorts would place chairs and tables out on the beach so you can literally eat dinner with the water lapping at your feet. I could go on and on.

The island itself is a pretty quite place although more and more tourist seem to be making there way there. From the sea the island still looks relatively uninhabited since none of the buildings extend above the palm trees. The island also is close to many other islands which enables further adventures. One day we took a boat 2 hour boat ride north to the island of Koh Tao to go snorkeling which was awesome. The surrounding islands also offer accommodations as well but are much more remote and low key. Some of the resorts on the remote islands are simply huts on the beach with no water or electricity. On Koh Samui you may also rent motor bikes or jeeps to venture out on your own which is fun but I would recommend renting a jeep vs. a bike since the driving is a little hectic. Nevertheless, the island offers many many beautiful and relaxing things to do and see. If you are looking to find a fun yet relaxing place to go you need not look any further. If you fly into Koh Samui you will know from the moment you step off the plane into the outdoor airport that you are in the right place.

We loved it !!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member onestopholidayshop

I have meaning to write a review for a while, as I know how important it is to get other peoples opinions. We went to the Chaweng Regent in February 2006 and thought the hotel was fantastic clean, and very nice. We are a young couple 25 and 27 we enjoyed the nightlife, and being in the middle of Chaweng it was very close, but as the hotel is set so far back from the road you wouldn't even notice it if you didn't step outside the front of the hotel. The rooms were fantastic, we upgraded to a deluxe, and we ended up staying in the deluxe regency over looking the rectangle pool. The room was lovely with a bath and massive window for you to look out of while having a bath. ! In your room you get a beach bag (very handy which everyone uses) and fresh towels each day for the beach. Breakfast wasn't the best, but I'm a bit fussy and there was always freshly made omelettes to eat, and loads of fresh fruit. I would defiantly recommend the Chaweng Regent and I will hopefully be making a return at some stage.

Thai dances at Chaweng RegentThai dances at Chaweng Regent

Me at Chaweng Regent Resort poolMe at Chaweng Regent Resort pool

Koh Samui / Bangkok

by DavidYates

Hello all

we're planning on taking a break in Koh Samui, with a stop off of c. 3 days in Bangkok. The issue is do we take the stop over at the start of the holiday or at the end?

I think at the end, as the time difference plus stress from work etc means I'll be ready for a beach first, then after relaxing for 10 days then be ready to face a bustling city.

The tour guide suggests hitting Bangkok first as we then get to unwind after the break and we'll be fully unwound when we get home!

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

David and Sandra

PS we're planning on staying at the Peace Resort or the Chaweng Regent Beach Resort so if there's any horror stories about these places please let us know!! :-)

Re: Koh Samui / Bangkok

by mamasan69

Hi,
I hit Bangkok at the end of my trip and it worked out pretty good. My brother and I stayed overnight when we got into Thailand, as we didn't get out of the airport until 11:30pm. We caught the bus for Ko Samui the next evening after spending the day in Bangkok.
As for the two places you will be staying in on Ko Samui, I can't provide you will much info, except they were close to where I stayed. Have fun!
KJ