24/3 Moo 5 ChoengMon Beach T. Bophut, Koh Samui (Suratthani), 84320, Thailand

Natien BeachNatien Beach

Hin Tai and Hin YaiHin Tai and Hin Yai

snorkling off the beach

by sezabell

will have out four year old with us in samui this xmas and really want to see if we can get her snorkeling but would rather do it off the beach instead of the side of a boat can any one think of a beach in samui that we could possibly give this a go, even some where that we may have to hold her and she just puts her head under to look.
cheers

by cgf

it might be dangerous during Xmas season to snorkel in Samui

by brotherleelove

The Maenam area beaches are calm and shallow enough for you to hold her while she learns.

by sezabell

yeah i thought of maenam, we normally stay there, i guess its just a matter of asking around when we are there and jumping into a jeep and having a day of driving around different beaches

by sezabell

cheers for that will def try, but not sure we will try at beach in new zealand before we head to thailand as will be toooo cold lol so might just try in the bath lol she is doing swimming lessons now so by xmas should be rearing to go,im not so much worried that she wont be able to snorkle think she will be happy enough just getting in the water and putting her head under to look at the fish :)

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

Changing Money

by jamiesamui

Changing money is no hassle on Koh Samui as I mentioned in my tourist trap tip.
This general tip is about the f/x rate to the Baht. I know people who while on holidays stress about the f/x rate dropping. I try & change money every couple of days, sometimes you win this way , sometimes you lose, I personally don`t worry about this.
This is how I rationalise it using $AUD to the THB. If the rate today is 27 THB to the AUD, tomorrow it`s 26.8, change $100AUD at those rates -2700THB- 2680THB.The difference is 20baht which is only a songtaew ride down the main road,even if the rate went from 27 to 26 x 100 it`s only 100 baht not worth stressing over

Beach Sports

by ratherton

On Chaweng Beach (and other beaches, I presume) you’ll find the now mandatory jet-bikes, para-gliding and banana rides. Based on our visit, these sports aren’t always on offer as sometimes the waves are too rough. I wanted to have a play on the jet-bikes but they weren’t there during our final week of the holiday. We also witnessed one para-glider manage to land on the roof of one of the beach bars so it’s obviously not as easy as it looked.

ALWAYS ON MY WAY TO THE REGGAE PUB

by mamasan69 about THE PFC

Every time I went to the Reggae Pub by foot, I always passed by this bar. After about the 4-5th walk past, I decided to sit down and visit with many of the people that I had seen that week.
It is a small bar, but offers great hospitality and service. The two owners(Nick and Poon) are very nice and offer tons of great information, and friendly advice. Nick is also an independent advisor for property/land purchases on Samui.
This is an English type bar and provides up to the minute stats on the football (soccer) matches, as well as a fair selection of beer.
This is a new bar since my first trip to Thailand, and I took many of my "first timers" here after this visit. I will try and go back for sure on my next holiday to Koh Samui.
***UPDATE#1***On my third trip to Samui I came back here again for another visit. It was only for a few drinks and to see how the owners were doing, but it is always a good place to stop, after the "Go-Go strip". One thing that has changed that I enjoyed, was that they now have Chang beer on tap.....haha. On my next trip I will try and visit this place once again, it should be good as always.
***UPDATE#2***I once again stopped into this bar for a visit. The first time I walked up I noticed that it had changed very much compared to the last time I saw it. The name and staff are the same, but the whole bar was rearranged and much bigger. They now have a much larger area to sit in as well as a couple of new pool tables in the back, and a new sound system.
***UPDATE#3***Kiki and I went here on our way to the Reggae Pub for a short visit. The bar was the same as the last time but it seemed to be quite busy. The owners were suprised to see me after such a long time; after introducing them to Kiki, having a couple of drinks, we said goodbye to continue on with the night. It was good to chat with these people once again and as always is a nice place to come and visit. Whatever you like while you are out at night in Samui.

How to go to Full Moon Party in Ko Phangan

by volopolo

How to go to Full Moon Party in Ko Phangan

There are a high speed boad in Mae Nam Village and takes about 20 minutes to reach Ko Phangan Island.

Information

Second Photo: The pier in Mae Nam Beach
Third Photo: Ko Mae Nam beach
Fourth Photo: Tourists waitting for the boat
Fifth Photo: High Speed Boats in Mae Nam beach

HIRE A SCOOTER...Its really not that scary.

by sparklyone

We decided to ignore all the warnings about how unsafe it is to ride a scooter/motorbike in Thailand, and hired a scooter for 3 days, and it was the best fun! We made sure that we always wore a helmet, kept well to the left of the road so that the crazy Thai drivers could pass, and didnt go too fast. My husband always drove as I was a little scared, but if you are a fairly confident driver then I think its an experience that you just wont get by doing tours. We were able to cruise around the entire island of Samui at out own pace, stop where ever and when ever we wanted, see all the sites, and it only cost $6 AUS per day to hire!

Comments