Choengmon Buri Hotel

27/4 Moo, T Bophut, Choengmon Beach, 58320, Thailand
Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Ko Samui

Fisherman's village by nightFisherman's village by night

Coconut treeCoconut tree

Samui Tiger & ZooSamui Tiger & Zoo

Bang Por BeachBang Por Beach

new year in Lamai

by ketch1973

Hi Guys,

we are spending new year in lamai and was wondering if there was anything big organised ie a beach party, fireworks etc. also we havent booked a "gala dinner" with our hotel so will all the local restraunts still be open as normal or will they all be booked out??

cheers,
mike

Re: new year in Lamai

by brotherleelove

The real celebration is on Chinese New Year, so if possible try to be there then.

January 26, 2009

Re: new year in Lamai

by judyksp

Hi Mike

I am not sure about Lamai but there will be fireworks in Chaweng beach area. I guess in Lamai it would be the same.

If I am not mistaken, all hotels which have gala dinner makes it compulsory for the guests when they book a room during New Year Eve or Christmas Eve. But anyway, all restaurants and bars will be open. The very expensive and popular restaurants will most probably need a reservation. But you will always be able to find good food in the not so expensive restaurants.

Cheers

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

Old cars

by phil_uk_net

One of the great things about so-called developing countries is the old cars you see around the place. This fabulous old Merc would have been consigned to the scrapheap years ago in Europe but it is still running strong in Thailand. Wouldn't this be a great vehicle to cruise around in?

Friendly face

by jamiesamui

This is my friend Usa who is the owner of 1 of the what seems like thousands of clothing stalls.

Her stall / shop is located in 1 of the many soi`s that all seem to sell the same thing.
I was looking through her stall when I noticed she had some shirts & shorts for the larger sizes.She asked me how long I was staying on Samui & asked me to come back before I left,so I did & she had been to where ever she gets her supplies & got a wider range of my size.I told her I would be returning in 6 mnths & she said she would order stuff for me.
Anyway I did & she did & now when on Samui I do 90% of my shopping there.
When I returned in September this year even though I haven`t been to Samui for 18months she remembered me & made me & my wife more than welcome.

This is 1 reason why I don`t feel comfortable bartering ( see tip) I do barter with this lady but I don`t try & shake her down as much as I could. Her store sells a little bit of everything eg shirts , T shirts, shorts, long pants , sarongs , skirts ,caps, general niknaks catering to both men & woman.

Motor Bikes on the island

by Sajt

The cheapest way travel on the island is using motor bikes. If you never used before. This is a little bit dangerous. I saw many accident. If I remember good, rent a bike was 150 Bat and you have to pay for gas extra. The gas is not so expensive. Ko Samui island is not so big. You can get free map for travelling. From Beach to beach. If you are lucky you can find secret beaches.

Mmmmmm,

by junecorlett about SA Barbeque

This restaurant was recommended to us by family members from South Africa.
The South African flag is flown outside the restaurant and photgraphs of SA hanging on the walls.
We decided to give it a try as the Rugby World Cup was on (2007) and we were desperate to catch the game live on television. South Africa was playing a game on that particular evening.
We found a lot of SA fans there, dressed in their colours supporting SA.

We were not impressed with the food.
We ordered a seafood starter, which was not the greatest, and being a steakhouse, and watching the rugby, we had a steak. Not at all good. Normally a steak is done with a good BBQ basting, this was not, therefore your sauce, if you ordered one, was where the flavour would lie.

Samui Beaches

by Jmill42

The beaches of Thailands islands are second to none. Samui is no different. The main beaches are located along the eastern shore of the island, although you can find one pretty much anywhere along the island's shores.

Comments