Como Resort Samui

Wang Sao Thong WaterfallWang Sao Thong Waterfall

KL - Koh Tao

by seeker_of_sun

Hi there.

My boyfriend and I are looking to get to Koh Tao in August but will be coming from either Siem Reap or Kuala Lumpur (itinerary yet to be decided). What is the fastest/cheapest way of getting there?

Many thanks
Caroline

by brotherleelove

It may still be possible to go from Surat Thani on the mainland directly to Koh Tao without having to first pass through Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. Do a Google search for this route. If something is available it should show up. Also look for ferries from Chumphon to Koh Tao.

by seagypsy

I don't think Air Asia offers any direct flights from KL to Surathani but when I was at Krabi Airport a couple weeks ago, I was informed that they do use Krabi as an international airport for KL to Krabi flights. So, I think this is your closest airport for a direct budget carrier. Then from Krabi-town bus station yo can take a bus up to Chumphoun which is a faster ferry route to Ko Tao than from Surathani.
The only other option I can think of is if there's other international budget carriers from KL or Singpura to Samui, in which case. that would be even faster and more convenient.

by anna-y1456

You'll have a great time in Koh Tao - and because you may have the weekend off, you can visit the neighboring islands! (but Koh Tao is my fav) It has a great nightlife and chilled out atmosphere, especially on the beaches.. and has a great neighboring island where you can get a 5 min boat over and go snorkeling or learn how to dive!

chree,

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

Monk at Big Buddha

by phil_uk_net

While at the Big Buddha I spotted this monk lopping trees. As I leant over the wall to look down, my sunglasses fell from the top of my head and disappeared into some foliage.
A little later the monk came around to that area and I saw his eyes light up as he spotted my shades. He tried them on for size and then imagined how cool he looked in an imaginary mirror!
It was at that point that I called down to ask for my glasses back. With a smile he handed them to me and returned to his work.

Minigolf

by Pomska

A great minigolf place is called "Treasure Island Golf" where you could find 18 holes adventure mini golf and a really cool staff. The girls (staff) wanted to get picture of me in the middle of them. Great! There's also a pool table. The Place is open 11 am - 12 pm. It's near Chaweng Beach Road.

tut tut at Koh Samui ( chaweng area )

by kinky-stel

Can somebody tell me, what the price is from a pickup taxi at Koh samui? Like the open jeeps. ( tut tut )
We do know, in Pattaya they charges 10 baht at daytime, 20 baht at night time, these prices only when we hold up our hand, and jump in.

Respons by e-mail kinky-stel@planet.nl

Fantastic veggie and health food

by Stell about Spa Samui

This resetaurant is part of a great health resort called Spa Samui near Lamai Beach. The restaurant is open-air, right next to the beach and very laid back and friendly.

The website for the resort says that their restaurant was:
"Selected as one of the 50 'Best Restaurants in the World' by UK based 'Restaurant' magazine."

You can checkout the whole menu on their website. A favourite is hard to pick because it was all so good but I think I'd say the brown rice salad and you can't beat the banana softy for dessert.

Samui Thai Culinary Institute

by TylerB

Paid thirty dollars to learn how to cook Thai. We made three dishes: chicken green curry, fried snapper with turmeric, and fried rice with prwans. The program was really well- run. You and a friend can feast on your fare at the end of the class. They send you home with a booklet with the recipes of what you made. It was helpful for learning the backbone ingredients of Thai cuisine. Check out their website: www.sitca.net.

Comments