Lakeside Residence

Costs 51% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Ko Samui

Lake chawengLake chaweng

MonkeyMonkey

Chaweng by nightChaweng by night

Bee House in Butterfly gardenBee House in Butterfly garden

Good Restaraunts

by newcastleknight

Hi, my wife and I will be Koh Samui for our 20th wedding anniversary later this year and I was wanting to know what a good restaurant would be to go to. I am looking for something a little up market for the event.

Thanks in advance

Marc

by petersamui72

you should try Fai restaurant, which is part of Elements Boutique and Spa resort.
This is one of the best restaurants for me in Samui. They do romantic candle light beach dinner (completely private).
They have an international award winning chef working for them and the prices are more then reasonable.
This is their weblink ; http://www.fai-dining.com/dining.php

by travelbugau

Hi, I just came from Ko Samui in March, The Cliff Restaurant is great. Location overlooking the beautiful bay, you will need to book if you want a table on the balcony, they only do bookings for 6pm or 8pm, I recommend 6pm for the views. Food is good, its expensive. Its about a 5-10 minute taxi ride from Chaweng. Right in Chaweng Rice restaurant is right on the main street, great food, italian owned, no need to book, recommend this one for other nights perhaps

by judyksp

Hi, I would defer The Cliff unless all you want to do is pay for the view. The service and food is not up to the price they ask for. You can get better food and service in other restaurants if the price that The Cliff is asking for is within your budget.

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

View Points in Ko Samui Island

by volopolo

View Points in Ko Samui Island

There are many view points in Ko Samui.

Some of them are:

1. Pagoda Kho Hua Jock, near Chaweng lake
2. View point to archipelago Ko Samui, on the way from Chaweng to Lamai beach
3. Samui best view, near Chaweng
4. Hill view at North - West point of the island, on the way from Mae Nam to Nathon city
5. View from Butterfly Garden, south Ko Samui

Sea Canoes

by YaaDong

A fun way to check out beaches and islands near by is by sea canoe.There is no surf so it's easy to paddle around.Nora Beach Resort had a few canoes laying on the beach for guest .You can also rent canoes at most places.
We paddled from Nora to the little beach at Baan Had Ngam for a swim ,the water was cold and refreshing.Also there is a little island called Koh Matlang (uninhabited) that is not far away .

PART 4 BABY!!!

by mamasan69 about REGGAE PUB

I once again came back to my favorite bar on Samui on my latest trip, and made my apperance every night for the week that I was here. I wasn't going to go everyday but what can I say, I love it here, the staff treat me very good and I can't get enough of the house band.
On that note, as soon as I came into the bar on my first night, it was like I had never left for 6 months. The bar staff, band, and DJ all remembered who I was and it was just like partying with my friends back home. The staff never left me for long without bringing me a drink (sometimes free) and the band allowed me many pics and video. When I wasn't taking pics or video, the staff would take my cameras and stash them for me behind the bar. Like my trip last September, by the end of my stay, people were asking me if I worked here (I wish..hehe).
I can't say enough about this bar, I have met so many great people here, and when people ask me "what bars are good on Samui", I always tell them to come here. So far I haven't had any complaints, after the people check it out for themself and have a blast. None required, but it might not be a bad idea to hit the store across the street from the pub, and buy yourself a Bob Marley shirt.

Bloody gorgeous Italian

by soniageorge12003 about Lola's

This is a fantastic restaurant. My husband and I live in London so dine out regulrly, however, this is one of the best Italians I have visited. My husband had the speciality half metre pizza, this is meant to be for 2 or more to share but he ate the lot (well brought half back to hotel in doggy bag). I had a superb seafood rissoto, I don't like measely portions and this was huge, loads of squid tiger prawns, bloody lovely. Great grappa after dinner too and lovely staff. A bit off the main Chaweng stretch, located around Chaweng Lake. half metre Pizza and Rissoto

Round the island

by SLLiew

You can drive around the island of Koh Samui in a day - stopping at Lamai Beach, the Giant Buddha, the fascinating man and woman rock.

Driving is easy although you should first find the petrol stations. They are smaller than the usual versions.

Comments