32/2 Moo 5 , Maenam, Thailand

More about Ko Samui

Wat ChaengWat Chaeng

View Point in Butterfly GardenView Point in Butterfly Garden

Drug ListDrug List

Nature and roads in the Mountains of Ko SamuiNature and roads in the Mountains of Ko Samui

Dressmaker /tailor in ko samui....to construct a design from a ready-made pattern...can u recommend?

by veritycat

I am looking for someone who is inexpensive(though quality matters more than price) to make 4 dresses that i already have made but need copies of. I have the paper patterns.
It is important the quality is excellent.

Re: Dressmaker /tailor in ko samui....to construct a design from a ready-made pattern...can u recomm

by robertson468

Unfortunately your question does not reveal when you will on on Samui. If you have not been yet, or are coming back and are still trying to get the dresses done, my wife knows an excellent dressmaker and would be happy to take you along and translate into Thai if that would help?

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

Hard to find thai people can speak english

by hash09

Thai people.

Talking about the people here, the local people are so friendly, we can see it from the moment we are inside the train, they try to talk to us even we cannot understand what are they try to say, and one of the boy who work inside the train will stopping by at our place as often as he can and try to communicate and talk with us, I think he just interested to talk with me and my Boy friend is because we are from very different races. To communicate with the people there we are using the hands language or signal because not many local can speak English. Since I am also Asian like them, most of the time they will speak Thai with me, that would be fun at first, but when it happen quite often, so I just get annoying by it, but I understand that they don’t recognized me as other visitors as well.

Empty

by TylerB about Reggae Bar

Went to Reggae Pub at 11 on a Wednesday night during the rainy season, and it was a ghost town. We made our way about two hundred yards down the street to Ringside Pub for a beer and to watch some soccer, where my buddy proceeded to get hustled by a five year-old in two games of Connect 4. Mike got taken for 100 baht. It was priceless. Casual.

Bangkok Airways is the airline to fly to Samui

by tere1

Bangkok Airways is the only airline to fly to Ko Samui. It's a boutique airline with great service ( even provides free drinks and snacks at the airport before entering the aircraft) and nice colourful aircrafts.

Being the only airline to fly from Bangkok to Samui it , flights are rather expensive compared to other islands. A return ticket costs around $190. Sometimes they offer promotions so I advise you to subscribe to their newsletter.

FANTASTIC ENGLISH BREAKFAST

by mamasan69 about THE WAVE SAMUI

This restaurant was a place that I did visit a few times on my first trip, but I had breakfast here almost every day on my second.
The staff and food are wonderful, and I had a great time talking to the local staff and English owners (Pete and Dave). I had met the main owner on my first visit and he actually remembered me on this trip, except on my last trip he thought I was German...hehe.
The restaurant is located right beside Charlies Hut, so it was a nice close place to go and have something to eat. This place also has a wide variety of books and DVDs that any guest can view while they are eating or drinking. They also provide great tourist information and arrange all sorts of tours or tickets to other destinations. After my first trip I have got these guys to arrange both train and plane tickets, with no problems and at a good price.
****UPDATE****The Wave now also offers rooms for rent, please contact their website for more room information. The prices range, depending on what you want from 400-1650bht per night. The foods I ate the most on my second visit were the english breakfast for 60bht and the fried rice with pork/chicken 85bht.
They provide a selection of Engish and Thai foods to choose from but I stayed with what treated me good.
****UPDATE****After talking to the owner on my latest trip, he informed me that they also have a second location. This location serves a traditional Thai BBQ mainly, but unfortunately I was unable to try it myself. I have had this type of BBQ in Bangkok, so if it is anything like this was, it should be good.

Elephant Trekking to the Na Muang Waterfall

by acaciawould

Hold on, 'cause it's a bumpy ride! Especially when the elephants cross the first stream! Wow, what an experience, though. The 2 person seats that are perched on the elephants' backs make for a great viewpoint. If you are planning a trip, this should be one of the top activities on your list, especially if you won't be making it to northern Thailand, as it's a great opportunity to see the lush vegitation in this region. Just be sure to avoid the lower branches of trees, because this is a jungle and the bugs (ants especially) crawling around on these branches are huge!

Comments