Nathalies Art Palace Hotel

Wang Sao Thong WaterfallWang Sao Thong Waterfall

champions league

by doolingj

i am in koh samui 1 till 7 may and i am desperate
to see ricky hatton v pacquea boxing which will be on
sunday 2 may at 10 am koh samui time
more important i need to watch the champions league
game barcelona v chelsea which is on wed 6 may
which will be thurs 7 may 2 am koh samui time
if there are any sports fans in samui who could
advice me if anywhere in samui i could watch these events
i would be very grateful

by GlobeTrekr

I'm sure you can easily find a spot that will have a live satellite feed for the game. I stayed on Lamai beach and in Lamai there is an Irish pub/restaurant called Samui Shamrock that televised live games at such crazy local times. If you stay on Chaweng beach you should have more options since thats the most touristy area of all Samui. Have fun.

by earthflyer

Big events like that are whatched everywhere on Koh Samui, We westerners like our sports so they cater for it. If you are in Chewang There is a Sports bars, huge place with very large screen showing all majors sports it's run by Aussie's when I was last there about 3 years ago.

Believe me you will not have a problem finding Boxing or Football, If it is English you will find it Chewang.

by robertson468

I have just seen an advert for the Hatton Fight on True Channel 63 (Truesport 5) that if you do not have either the Gold or Platinum Packages that they can be purchased for 300 baht, before 7am on 3 May, therefore I would assume the fight is to be televised soon after that deadline.

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

Using Motor Bikes

by Sajt

Motor Bikes are cheap on the island, but I thing they are a littlebit dangerous. I saw many young people with blody arms and feet. Be careful using motor bikes. They are cheap and you can use on the hole island. Easier to do trips and of course cheaper tha taxis or tuk-tuk. I didn't had bad opportunities.

MORE BEACH

by mamasan69

The beaches along Koh Samui can offer so many various, and amazing views. After exploring the island by scooter all day, we stopped for a little break and I was able to snap a few pics. This area near Lamai was a little rocky for swimming, but beautiful to look at for sure.

TAKE AN AIRPLANE

by mamasan69

Before this trip even started I had decided that I wasn't going to take the bus/boat ride to Koh Samui. Instead I booked a flight with Bangkok Airways for 3500bht one way.
The total time for the flight was estimated at 50 minutes, however we ended up being delayed for about 45 minutes due to heavy rain.
Once we got going on this short fight it as aready around 8:00pm and dark outside, so unfortunately no pictures. The service was very good and they provided us with a meal on the plane. The baggage area in Samui was something to see for sure. As I work for an airline in Canada, it was quite the shock to arrive in Koh Samui and see it, but whatever works.
****UPDATE****
Once again, once it was determined that I will go to Samui, I again chose to fly rather then waste the time going by bus/boat. I flew with Bangkok Airways again for about the same price. One thing I forgot to mention before was that there is an airport fee to be paid when you leave Samuis airport (500bht).

Eating Shark

by heywinks about Salathai Restaurant

In Samui, you have the option of trying different kinds of seafood. Shark is one of them. I tried it here for the first time. You know what? It tastes like *regular* white meated fish. A bit disappointing but it was delicious nevertheless. Come here & try the shark with butter lemon & rice. 150 baht. Besides eating shark, try the red snapper (150 baht), fried calamari (70 baht) & fried ice cream (80 baht). Yum!!

Butterfly Garden

by meaganelizabeth

This Butterfly Garden is really a nice thing to do. Sometimes Koh Samui rains, and its a nice thing to do on an overcast day. Bring a camera, and a video camera is a great way to capture this experience.

Comments