Papillon Residence

8/80 Moo 5, Plai Laem Beach, Soi 5, Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand

• beautiful place for one month in koh samui

We stayed one month has butterfly residence, this place is magnificent with same services that a hotel but price lists(rates) much more intérressants for of long periodes .it is extremement peace and valérie, the manager is very nice .an accommodation which we recommend for long periodes. The residence is situated well, in front of the sea, very quiet without being very far from the trendy places

More about Ko Samui

Bang Rak village by nightBang Rak village by night

Wat Plai Laem - The white BiddhaWat Plai Laem - The white Biddha

Samui Tiger & ZooSamui Tiger & Zoo

Laem Sor BayLaem Sor Bay

Qsignature

by comps01

Hi all,
I saw this place on one of those cable Tv shows that sell everything! don't ask why I was watching it!! I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on the place. The wife and i are looking to go somewhere next xmas (2009) and are thinking of Ko Samui. We're after somewhere quiet but within reach of shopping (retail therapy for the wife) and some of the nightlife but we don't want to be in the middle of it. This place seems to tick a lot of the boxes for us.
Many thanks fro your help.

Re: koh samui advice

by jayney.d

Hi there
Koh Samui is a great place, I have holidayed there 3 times now and sounds like the best place for you would be Cheweng Noi. This is north of Cheweng so much quieter than Cheweng but the nightlife and shops are only a short bus/taxi ride away, there are also some fantastic places to eat on the beach, look out for 'Beach Love' restaurant which plays chill out music all night as you watch the stars and paper lanterns flicker in the sky.....cant wait to return in Jan !
Recommend the Impiana Hotel too. Check out its web site but seriously shop around for the best rate.
Jayne x

Re: Qsignature

by judyksp

You can also try North Chaweng. The shopping is more within walking distance but tucked far away enough to give you the peace and quiet you seek. By next year, there should be more new hotels coming up. One of the new ones now is Lawana. Of course this is also an expensive place. Kandaburi is also very nice. It all depends on your budget for the hotel.

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

Clean Laundry for 35 Bahts a Kilo

by balisunshine

You will find in the streets everywhere,
places to have your laundry done at
35 Bahts a kilo.

Ahhhh!!!!
Clean cloths that I don’t have to wash myself….
what a smile that brings to my face!

Just a tip,
since they mix your laundry
with someone else’s,
make a list of what you have
and go over it with the person responsible
when leaving it to be washed.
And then when you pick it up,
go over it again.

It happened to me
when picking up my cloths,
that if I had not done my list,
I would have left without my black
Gap t-shirt, which was still being dried
with someone else’s cloths.

Tesco Lotus

Third Photo: The street outside Tesco Lotus
Fourth Photo: Raining day in Tesco Lotus

travel by taxi

by SteveFox

2000 baht for traveling around the island, to major place of interest, from chaweng beach to big budda for only 300 baht, that is the usual price, expesive but safe and with air-con, it is very seldom they turn the meter, so better ask the price before you go, and better ask the local people for advise in advance

Very good Indian in Chaweng

by Willettsworld about Noori India

Noori India, one of the oldest Indian restaurants in Samui, offers all your favourite Indian and Mughalai dishes as well as a few you may not have tried before! The menu features Indian cuisine, seafood and some interesting Thai-Indian fusion dishes. The ambience, traditional classical music and personal attention are first rate. The food here is very good and I recommend to any curry lover!

Angthong Marine Park

by Ines28

Our day tour to the Angthong Marine Park was a great experience, especially the kayaking. At first I was a bit afraid that the kayaks might capsize, but it was safe, and after a few minutes I truly enjoyed it. We navigated beneath huge rock overhangings and through narrow caves, it was very exciting! After the cayaking, we had the possibility to do some snorkelling. We booked the tour with Blue Stars for 1990 BHT per person, buffet lunch and snacks were included.

Comments