Chaweng Beach Road, Suratthani, , Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand

Priceline.com Booking.com Tingo.com

• A really great place to stay

This is a great hotel, I chose it after looking on this site.
    The staff are really friendly, the view over the ocean is amazing.
    The restaurant has amazing food and its not expensive.
    I am surprised how reasonably priced this place is when you consider the location and the standard of the accommodation.
    Very happy at Papillon Resort Chaweng

Unique Quality: Really amazing view from the pool
    Really quiet but so close to the centre of town

Directions: Last resort North Chaweng

• Amazing resort that is great value

I am so glad that I found this place, my mate told me about it and as it is not the sort of place I would normally head to I would never have found it by myself. I normally stay in a more backpacker environment so I can meet people but Papillon is so close to Chaweng Beach and all of the action is the perfect base to get around from. What I love about it the most is that it’s such good value and a really secluded place to relax. I would expect to have to pay so much more for a hotel like this, I really felt like I was living in luxury.
    The staff are really helpful and this has made an excellent start to my travels.
    Lots of French people here as it’s a French resort but all of the staff speak really great English.

• Wonderful hidden place to stay in koh Samui

I found this wonderful resort through a friend of mine that had eaten there and lives on Koh Samui.
    It is the most wonderful combination of French and Thai and is one of the most hospitable place I have ever stayed in.
    The staff are amazing, the food is amazing and the location is stunning and it is affordable, I don’t think you can ask for much more than that!

Unique Quality: So many but I think the cleanliness and location has to come at the top of my list, it is right on the beach and swimming in the pool looking out over the ocean is amazing. Also it is in a really quiet area but is only a couple of minutes from chaweng that is full or shops and bars and nightlife. The staff are also really worth an extra mention and speak both English and French as well as Thai

Directions: Go to the very north end of Chaweng and turn right before the road sweeps left towards the airport. At the bottom of the hill turn left and it’s the last resort at the end of the road and has a car park

• movybuf's Profile Photo

Nice Place on North Chaweng

Mid-level resort on the end of the main beach. The rooms were clean and nice, the bathrooms were a little strange. The restaurant was good, and they had nice strong coffee. There is also a pool, but I didn't use it. The beach here is a little rocky, but a short walk brings you to a nice quiet area of good sand.

• mathague's Profile Photo

Miss this place!

Stayed in this hotel at the north end of Chaweng just after New Year 2005. We had a 2 roomed 'villa' with just about sea views for 5200 baht a night. There is no beach, although next door is a nice isolated spot and you can walk across to a nearby island. The food is not very good (the Lonely Planet recommends the restaurant!) and the service is so laid back you may as well go and do it yourself. The uniformly miserable staff do not appear to have had any training at all and the manager uses the bar as the local French expat club. I don't think he said two words to me in ten days. After writing him a cheque for 60,000 baht for the stay, he asked for another 200 to drive me to the airport. I was speechless.
    On top of that, the air conditioner was not working on day one and still not working on day ten (as well as the plumbing). When I told the manager that it wasn't working his response was 'well, it won't kill anyone'.

Unique Quality: Nice garden. Rooms are uniquely decorated with nice art from the managers shop

Comments