178 Moo 1, Tambon Bo Phut, , Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• globetrotter06's Profile Photo

Affordable luxury

The small huts are dotted around the garden at Peace Resort. The swimming pool gives a wonderful view of the ocean, just 3 steps apart.
    The restaurant is more expensive than the local ones, but the dishes certainly look and taste good.

Directions: Bophut

• You get what you pay for

I would recommend against this hotel, whilst it was perfectly clean and in good order we did not enjoy the experience and with hindsight would have stayed elsewhere.

When we arrived we were not allocated a sea facing room, despite the fact we had paid more for one. We were told nothing else was available and were given a smaller room to the back of the resort. After much debate they agreed to move us, but had initially lied and said all the other rooms had people in them.

This experience mirrors that of another guest I have read on another thread.

The resort is full of Germans which is good if you are German, but you may not be so happy about it if you are in the minority who are not. Particularly because that means that at 7am (we were up to take a tour not to play the game ourselves!) most of the sunbeds already had towels on them to reserve them for their owners to return later in the day.
    In fact we noticed some people were even reserving sunbeds by the sea and by the pool!

The chalets themselves are clean but a little spartan, especially the bathrooms.

Bo Phut doesn't seem to have that much going for it, would suggest staying at a quiet end of Chaweng so you get a more beautiful beach, but a bigger choice of restaurants and places to go.

Overall Samui's rundown roads, and general lack of investment by the local government would put me off returning again, I much preferred Phuket.

Directions: On the beach, surrounded by other hotels. Not much nearby.

More about Peace Resort

Credit card fraud - Singh

by Londoner2006

Whilst I was in Koh Samui my credit card was copied and the details used to purchase a number of flights between Samui and Hong Kong, all in the name of Singh (4 different people). We only found out after we had got our bill back in the UK.

We had only used the credit card in two places in Samui prior to these fraudulent purchases being made, Betelnut restaurant and Peace Resort so it must have been one of those two who committed the fraud. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced credit card fraud immediately after visiting one of those two establishments.

Also do you know recognise any of the following names of people living in Samui, these are the names the tickets were booked in/by:
Mr RAJINDER SINGH
Mr GILLJAGVINDERPAL SINGH
Mr GURVINDER SINGH
Mr GURPREET SINGH
Mr SATNAM SINGH

I am eager to try and indentify the culprit because I am infuriated that whilst the credit card company will pick up the bill in the end it is the innocent users who pay. Please send me a message if you have any information, I would be very grateful.

RE: Credit card fraud - Singh

by expatbangkok

Might be an idea to post in the Hong Kong forum as well.
Catch em and line em up and shoot em I say.
Have you contacted Betelnut And Peace Resort and told them?

RE: Credit card fraud - Singh

by johnaalex

I do hope that this unfortunate experience does not put you off of going Thailand. In my 20 odd visits to the country and numerous credit card transactions I have never had a problem (touch wood). Compared to other places Thailand is still one of the safest.

Regards