95 / 5 Moo 2, Lipa Noi, Koh Samui, , Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand

Ko Samui Aquarium Tiger and ZooKo Samui Aquarium Tiger and Zoo

Lipanoi BeachLipanoi Beach

floods

by eggin

can anyone give me some information to the floodsituation on ko samui?

Re: floods

by ketch1973

bookmark

Re: floods

by jamiesamui

Hi

This is a bit late but have a look at this site...It`s by a very knowledgeable English lady who lives on Samui & it has current pictures of different areas around Samui http://www.myhomekohsamui.com

Jamie

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

Girly Bars

by clouds111

There are lots of girly bars around Chaweng - normally around the backstreets near the Reggae Bar and Green Mango. These bars are full of young Thai girls whose main aim is to attract the men into the bars to spend their money.... Although not strictly just for men, me and my friend were almost dragged, and I mean literally dragged, into some of them!!

DO YOU LIKE SUNBURN?

by mamasan69

A sturdy backpack with an area you can lock for extra safety. Sunscreen is a must and if you burn like I do, the stronger the better. Good quality sandles are also important, especially if you plan to do any hiking or walking around. As you can see from my picture, I failed to buy strong enough sunscreen. After 3 days in Samui I was sunburned so bad that my one eye swelled shut. I brought along a cheap medkit which turned out to be quite handy, even though it wasn't always used for medical purposes. I brought my digital camera and it seemed to hold up to the stress quite well, considering it went everywhere with me. Sunglasses would be a good choice when on the beach. I only managed to lose mine twice in a month, but they can be bought almost anywhere along the main street or the beach. Some sort of insect repellant is also a good idea. Even though the insects were not that bad, people with certain allergies should keep this in mind.

ONCE AGAIN...THE REGGAE PUB 2ND TRIP

by mamasan69 about REGGAE PUB

On my second visit to Koh Samui I had to experience this place once again. I was on Samui for 18 days total and I probably ended up here at least 10 times.
The place was just as crazy as the last time I was here and I just loved it. The band played excellent and the people I brought here couldn't get enough.
Near the end of my visit, people that were coming new into the bar thought I actually worked here, I wish. On that note, I met a ton of people here this time, and this made for a great night on my birthday. Wear what you feel comfortable in, some nights it rained on me but it just cools everything off.

V I P bus Bangkok - Suratthani

by jamiesamui

This is the first time I have not flown to Koh Samui and it will be the last time. I caught the VIP bus from the road behind the train station. The bus was full and a friendly tip is keep a jacket with you as they don`t turn the A/C off at any stage. The trip took 10hrs with a 40 min stop at Chumphon then you get dropped in the dark at a place called the Sun and Sand Resort which is a bus station with food & tiolet facilities another tip is make sure you have mosquito repellant as there are lots of them until the sun comes up.
You then wait approx 1hr 30 min to catch another bus to Donsak ferry pier which is about 30 mins away.

Had to check it out

by jamiesamui about Big Johns Seafood

As the title says I just had to check this restaurant out unfortunetly time decreed that lunchtime was the only time I could get there

Big Johns is situated around at Lipa noi & is a largish restaurant that offers Thai, Seafood & Western menus & both a lunchtime & dinner menu(when the delicious seafood appears)

At lunchtime a fried rice,beef dish & an egg omelette with 3 soft drinks came to just under 500 baht.

Big Johns offer nightly entertainment from 6pm on