443/3 Moo 1, Tambon Maret, Lamai Beach, 84310, Thailand
Agoda.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Samui Beach Village

Hin Lat WaterfallHin Lat Waterfall

Wat Plai Laem - The Buddha ImageWat Plai Laem - The Buddha Image

Picture with a tigerPicture with a tiger

Before Bang Por BeachBefore Bang Por Beach

Tour costs

by mictm3

Hi everyone,

My family will be spending 6 nights at the Samui Beach Village Resort at the end of September, I have been told that it is less expensive to book tours such as the Elephant Treks & Snorkelling etc directly from booths in the streets of the town rather than through the resorts. Is this true? and if so are the booths reputable? Has anyone had any experience booking tours this way.Thank you for any help, Regards, Michele

by derekscott

Hi Michele, I think you will find that the price variation between booking from the resort or street booth is very small and generally they are all offering the same menu of available tours and activities.My advise would be to speak to other guests of the resort about any tours that they have taken,ask their opinion of the tour,the tour company they chose and how much they paid.You are then in a better position to negotiate a price when booking.You've chosen a very nice resort and I'm sure you will all have a great time on Koh Samui.

by cgf

in my experience usually there is none or just sliced differences between hotels and booths on the street. In a booths on the street could be easier to find a last-minute at lower price, this it could happen with boats not with tours. Go there and see, you can book also for the following day in September...

by mictm3

Thank you both for your help, as you say I can check both options when we get there. Regards, Michele

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

Bar Girls

by biggeorge

" Hey , hey , english boy , you come in and buy me drink , english boy you like ride motorcycle maybe you like ride something else? "
Every bar we passed our little convoy of scooters got this from various bar girls who peeled themselves away from fat middle aged businessmen to give us their sales pitch. Particulary annoying for Phil who is in fact German.

A night in the paradise

by Sajt

If you are on this island you can have good nights. You can choose girls, drinks even drogs too. But if you want just hanging and do nothing you can do this too. You can find parts on the island without any voice. You can listen just the ocean waves. Be careful with the ladyboys if you want to have choose the Thai night.

Boat to Pha-ngan

by jamiesamui

The last time I was in Samui my friend and I decided to visit Ko Pha-ngan, since we where there between full moon parties(not my scene anyway)we decided to catch the boat from Bophut for a day out. The boat runs between approx 9am & 4 pm. One thing I do know for sure is the last boat leaves Pha-ngan at 3 20pm because we missed the bloody thing & had to stay the night .
The boat costs 100 thb each way and takes a relaxing 45 mins

A FEAST WITH NEW FRIENDS

by mamasan69 about NOORI INDIA

On one of my first days back on my second trip, me and some fellow travellers, decided to stop for dinner. We all decided that we would go in and share a variety of meals, and in the end, we all were very satisfied.
The Noori India Restaurant and Pub was a nice change for me and well worth the final price of the bill ( there was 6 of us).
The restaurant itself was quite small but very clean and the service was great, the cook has 45 years experience, so the food was excellent. This restaurant offers over 150 Indian specialties, so this can make for a hard decision when it comes time to order.
This is why the group of us ordered 2 dishes each and all shared them.
The menu offers everthing from Tandoories, kababs, Masala, and all kind of Currys. We had so many dishes I can't narrow it down to one specific meal I enjoyed, they all were very good.
They also offer a good variety of local dishes, and all of the food is worth the price.

Dang Piyasilo 1894-1973

by YaaDong

The mummified monk is locted in a smaller building in Wat Khunaram.
Dang Piyasilo also Phra Kru Samathakittikhun.The venerable ex-abbot of Wat Khunaram on Koh Samui.A native of Koh Samui he enjoyed a long prosperous family life until he was 50 years old when he decides to devote the last part of his life to the monkhood.After being ordain in1944,he became reknown for his meditation practice for about 20 years.He was also able to foresee his own death in1973 when he was 79 years old.After his death his body remained undecomposed so his family and deciples decided to place his body in an upright position with in the casket as requested by him in written instructions.To keep as a symbol to aspire the future generations to follow Buddhist teachings and be saved from suffering.
I'm not sure who put on the shades but very cool ndeed and another strange wonder of Thailand.

Comments