Samui Orchid Resort & Aquarium

Wat Nara Charoen SukWat Nara Charoen Suk

Dive PointDive Point

Ko Samui Questions

by Crama

Hi I am heading back to Ko Saumi in November 2010 to celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary.

Last time we were there it was July. I understand November is the wet season but I was wondering what the weather is generally like? Does it rain all the time or is there sunshine and heavy downfalls?

I was also wondering what people may suggest as must see's. We did alot of the the tourist stuff last time but I am sure we missed things.

Looking forward to your replies

Crama

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Ko Samui for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

UV level 11 = Extreme
Humidity = High
Sea temp 84f / 29c

by ozulrike

I have been to Ko Samui in November, but that's over ten years ago. Can't tell if climate change already impacted on Ko Samui, but from my memory you will get both, sunny days with heavy rainfalls.

Regarding activities, I went there for diving, so spent some time under water. First (and so far only) time I saw a whale shark. I also did a trip to Ko Kao and thought that was a great place just to relax. Quite romantic too, so might be a nice spot for a 20th wedding anniversary.

by peteyjim

We've been to Samui 4 times over the past 6 years between October & November times.
Most times we've had sunny weather.
Last time it poured for 2 days, then was sunny for 5.

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

see the Big Buddha on Koh...

by TheGallery

see the Big Buddha on Koh Samui. Samui's most popular attraction, The Big Buddha sitting 15 meters tall was built in 1972 by the local society to give visitors a place to pay respect to The Lord Buddha. This monumental landmark is placed on the island's Northern shore. There are two things: The remote beaches you still can find on the Island of Koh Samui and the delicious food.

Get A Henna Tattoo

by Moustique

They are not very expensive and look great! I had one done. It took a little while to do, but it turned out wonderful. The best thing is that they are not permanent, but stay on about 3- 4 weeks. This is the one i had done. If i were to have a real one done it would probably look like this.

Taxi anyone?!

by aussirose

The best way to get around Koh Samui is to hire a Taxi and driver for the day. .....but don't forget to barter. We got our nice Taxi driver, Cockeet, for 5 hours for only 1800 Baht - down from the original 2500 Baht he wanted to charge us. .....That's 6 people, crammed into a Taxi for 5 hours for only about $60AUS. Bargain, I reckon!! ;o)

Romantic Restaurant

by santa007 about Poppies

Poppies restuarant is situated outside but undercover, with lovely garden surroundings. The food was lovely and there was live peaceful chilled out music playing in the background. Very romantic indeed. Friendly staff. Green/ red thai curry

Angthong Marine National Park

by global-wanderer

this activity is pretty cool....gets you off the beach...sort of!! The trip I took by boat left Ko Samui and then went through an area that is like Archepeligoes...and it's just awsome! We stopped at one of the main islands (picture to follow) where you could take a hike up to a Salt Lake, on this path tight and winding through sharp volcanic rocks. I didn't make it to the top!! Hiking in such humidity is NOT for me!

But there was an awsome beach/lagoon there. The fun part of getting to the island from the boat was taking long-boats to the island.... and then trying to get on and off the long-boat to the rolling waves.

They cooked the lunch right on the main boat...a most awsome curry. then we had a leisurely ride back to Ko Samui. Something for everyone to do!

Comments