211/7 Moo 4 Tambon Maret, 84320, Thailand

Rated 12% higher but also costs 296% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Sandalwood Luxury Villas

Relaxation with a view

by TripAdvisor Member missjude

My boyfriend and I just returned from Thailand. I've been to Thailand 4 times now and can say Sandalwood Luxury Villas are absolutely amazing. Waking up every morning and being able to look out to the ocean and down to beach was what we needed. The property itself is beautiful, with pools you can spend a few hours in. Who doesn't love an infinity pool? The perfect get away from the get away, since you are not surrounded by tourist.

Sandalwood Retreat

by TripAdvisor Member MKnowlton

My stay at Sandalwood Luxury Villas in Ko Samui was a dream vacation. I left the rainy, freezing bay Area last January and was picked up at the airport by Yort, the Sandalwood driver who wouldn't let me touch my bag until it was in my suite, Jumpee which was breathtaking at night, on the hill overlooking the water with a queen's necklace of lights dazzling in the distance. The room was first class. The attention to detail is impressive. The morning revealed an equally gorgeous view; turquoise water, scalloped coves with big, house size granite boulders rimming the water's edge. Every morning I would motorbike down to Coral Cove for a swim, then back to a huge breakfast at the Sandalwood restaurant before going out to paint pictures of the incredible rain forrest jungle on the hill near Sandalwood. In the afternoon I would make it back to the infinity pool for a dip before a steam and sauna and my massage by Muy, which was heaven. The great food, warm and helpful employees and first class amenities has made this the place I want to return to the most.

The perfect way to spend your vacation in Paradise!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member firefighter43

A five star hotel with a friendly staff that prides its self on customer service? Having traveled the world I would have never thought it was possible until I checked into the Sandalwood Luxury Villas in Koh Samui with my brother and fiancee who live in Bangkok. As you can see by the photos this five star luxury hotel sits atop the hill over looking one of the most amazing views I have ever seen. The views from the four infinity pools was breath taking. The health spa was excellent which was a must since I had been traveling for two days with out rest and I was in desperate need of relaxation. Everything about this Luxury Resort was perfect. If I could own/build a resort this is exactly how I would do it...I wouldn't change a thing.

like staying with your favorite, well traveled family member

by TripAdvisor Member cornfed2708

If there was ever a time I felt the most at home while traveling through asia, my stay at Sandlewood was it. Apon arrival we were greeted by the most friendly most well informed staff I have ever had the pleasure to being taken care of by. And the owner, David, were should i start. First off, to have an owner greet you personally and welcome you into masterfully designed resort, is priceless. He helps set such a wounderful no stress pace to the whole establishment. David hails from back where we live now, beautiful hawaii. Here in hawaii we a word for family, "Ohana". Staying with David at his resort made ws truly feel like we were part of his Ohana. Thank you David.

Just Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Kiwi64Sydney

We choose to stay at Sandalwood Villas after reading the reviews from other visitors and we were not disappointed. The villas were everything we hoped for (and read about) & more. As a family of 5 with 3 children under 10, it isn't easy to find a hotel/resort that accommodates us all in one space. All our email correspondence was answered courteously & promptly . It was a real treat to be met & picked up from the airport. The arrival welcome (and drinks) were lovely. We stayed a night in Amarin & then were moved to Lotus Villa. Our villa was decorated perfectly in lovely thai furniture and motifs, very clean & very comfortable. We all had the most relaxing time. The children loved the pools, the restaurant, the free movies and the staff. My husband & I loved the whole peaceful atmosphere & the pool, the restaurant, the staff, the service, the spa..... I won't go on! Nothing was too much trouble. Having the use of the internet was another bonus. Mostly we would just like to say to Sathit, his team (& the owners) thankyou SO much for one of the best holidays we have had. It was our childrens first time overseas & what a lovely experience for them. We hope we can come again & bring some friends with us.
Again, Thanks from all the Harman Family - Maria, Stu, Joseph, Anna & Chloe (Sydney, Australia)

Loved the Sandalwood!!!

by TripAdvisor Member djemanuel

What can i say, this place is one of the most amazing places i have ever stayed in. I didn't want to leave...

Everything was perfect, the rooms had beautiful Thai style decor, modern large bathrooms, 2 infinity pools overlooking all of Samui, wi-fi in the rooms, helpful staff, massage and spa were luxurious, resataurant was good (can be more spicy though) I can go on and on...

One complaint is not about the resort, it is about the guests with no consideration about other people, our toilet got backed up because the Korean couple before us put lady products like Tampons down the toilet! Some people...

Can not wait to go back again=)
Thanks to everyone at Sandalwood!

Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member Colognejane

If you want to stay away from the buzz, this is the place.
The villas are great, great standard and the staff is fantastic. More than we expected.

We stayed at the Jumpee villa and the only negative remarks we have are that we didn't feel that the the villa was very secluded, we woke up 8 o'clock most mornings by either staff cleaning the pool or other people swimming..Also, we didn't think much of the restaurant. Breakfast was nice but it wasn't really a place where you want to have dinner at night. However, staff was REALLY nice and the standard of the villas is VERY high.

What a place

by TripAdvisor Member addersDubai

We have just returned from 6 nights at Sandalwood. The hotel was just perfect. We live in Dubai and thought the levels of service here were good but we have never experienced such incredible service as we did there. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel to go to the anywhere. In fact we didn't bother most of the time and just spent the days relaxing at the pool, in the spa or just chilling out. The views were amazing and the peace and tranquility of the hotel spot on.
We stayed in plumeria villa, had our own plunge pool and the most amazng views. The villa was lovely and it felt, and we were treated like, we were the only people in the hotel.

Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, they arranged a barbeque on one of the nights on our balcony, asked what we wanted to eat, boought and prepared all the food, set the barbeque up, placed tea lights all over the balcony railings and made it look wonderful, prepared salads etc and even asked if we wanted more food.

I can't praise this hotel highly enough. If you are looking for a place to stay away from the main drag in Samui, want some peace and quiet, have staff that can't do enough for you then this is the place to stay.

Truly superb!

by TripAdvisor Member TheAgents

We recently spent 5 nights at Sandalwood during our honeymoon and absoloutley loved it! To begin with we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa right by the pool, the view was amazing but this was really the case from all the villas, the jucazzi was appreciated! We found oursleves on the balconey every evening with a bottle, admiring the view, which has got to be the best looking over Chaweng toward Koh Phagnan. We found the service superb, the attention to detail and attentiveness of the staff was the best we recieved during our 3 weeks in Thailand. They went out of their way to sort any trips we wanted, room service etc. The resort feels very exclusive, due to the design the privacy factor is high and it felt like we had the infinity pool to ourselves! The restaurant is good but quiet. It is about a 10 minute taxi trip to Chaweng Beech so close enough to the night life with some really good resturants closer if your feeling lazy! One tip - Dont try and walk back up the hill if you go out for the evening, it is steep! Ring the reception and they will arrange for a car to pick you up which is a nice touch. This was the best place we stayed and we did 4-5 star the whole trip. Would go back tomorrow if we could!

Great View...

by TripAdvisor Member toptom

Spacious space in LILAWADEE VILLA but equipment not in good shape (Villa is more than 10 years old). Service to improve. Staff speaks hardly english. The best is the great view from the hills to the sea and beach.

Thong Tanote BeachThong Tanote Beach

Lipanoi Beach at the eveningLipanoi Beach at the evening

Bang Rak Pier in Bo PhutBang Rak Pier in Bo Phut

Mae Nam Soi 5 VillageMae Nam Soi 5 Village

Which hotel??

by judz

Hi - we are going to Samui end of July and wondering whether to stay at the Arayaburi Resort or the Cabana Grand View..we have been to samui 8 years ago and stayed on Chaweng beach but would like somewhere a bit quieter this time...thanks

Re: Which hotel??

by trav4bus

I am also going to Samui at the end of July so I would also liket o keep in this touch with this question.

Cheers

Re: Which hotel??

by judyksp

If you came to Samui 8 years ago and felt that Chaweng was too busy, then please note that it would be a lot more busier than before. Although this current high season is very low, I have been told that Chaweng has progressed and changed a lot since the last 10 years. In fact, I have only stayed here for 3 years and the changes are tremendous.

For a good quiet time, you may want to consider Choengmon or Lamai. Choengmon is a very nice quiet place but if you want to do any shopping or walk arounds at night, then this would not be the place for you as you will need transportation to travel out every night. Food is okay as there are plenty of restaurants in the area including some nice quiet bars. Lamai is a more quiet version of Chaweng.

Either hotel in Chaweng would be fine.

Comments