Sareeraya Villas And Suites

Expedia.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Costs 88% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• AmelieS's Profile Photo

A unique find

We absolutely loved Sareeraya and would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in Koh Samui. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our 3 year anniversary and had never been to the Koh Samui before. I did an online search looking for places to stay and found this hotel. I absolutely fell in love with the pictures and the description of their rooms and facilities. I can honestly say what you see is what you get and then add some amazing thai hospitality! We were really impressed by the service and the accommodations. Our suite was extremely spacious, clean and modern but still very charming. Location of the hotel could not have been better. Very quick walk into center of Chaweng. We very much look forward to staying here again!

Unique Quality: amazing service and breakfast buffet.

• great stay!

All I can say about this hotel is wow, what a property. I was here on semi-business trip and wished I had the time to enjoy the pool, spa, and the gym, but did not have the time to do so. Beautiful property, great views and top notch service. Chefs table restaurant and the pool bar were great! Great staff, great drinks and great food! I was in Samui for business but next time I am definitely coming for pleasure!

Unique Quality: Property, surroundings, views, pool, bar, restaurant

Directions: Chaweng area

• The most amazing Hotel on Chaweng Beach!

We came back from Koh Samui a few days ago - had a wonderful 2 week holiday there! The sun was shining and the weather was perfect. We stayed the entire two-week at Sareeraya Villas & Suites on Chaweng Beach. The hotel is amazing, it has very high standard of service and friendly, polite and cheerful staff. The hotel has only 49 rooms, so we got very personalized service!

The suites in paricular are beautiful, on the second and third floor they enjoy the most beautiful views over the ocean! It was so blissful to wake up in the morning with those views. We did not stay in the villas, but we are quite sure they are as beautiful as the suites - if not even more!

The hotel restaurant was also brilliant, sumptuous breakfast buffet and great light snacks during the lunch. We also had their super romantic dining experience on the beach on one of the nights. The quality of the food, the service, and the atmosphere they created us was perfect. The beach was quiet that night and we really felt like being the only ones there!

Chaweng beach is wonderful if you like shopping and exploring the nightlife. We went to see other beaches as well, but they were too quiet for us. We thought Koh Samui was the place for us. The island is vibrant, but you can still always find a peaceful spot to escape when you feel like it.

Unique Quality: Great views, spacious, nicely designed rooms, friendly staff! Perfect location on Chaweng Beach.

Directions: 10 minute walk from Chaweng Beach

More about Ko Samui

Football Golf staff  with "The world cup"Football Golf staff with "The world cup"

Lomprayah High Speed FerriesLomprayah High Speed Ferries

Don't use Flash in your photo cameraDon't use Flash in your photo camera

7-Eleven7-Eleven

Amari Palm Reef

by johncon15

I will be travelling to the Palm Reef in April, Does anyone have a map of the hotel layout, ie where the different types of rooms are etc.

Re: Amari Palm Reef

by meggy88

I dont have a map but i stayed here there in 2006, all the bungalows are set on the other side of the road away from the beach where the garden pool is located, the superiors room block plus some deluxe ocean facing rooms are in the beach section. We stayed in a family room, travelling with three adults and having the bungalows at the back were a good location.

Re: Amari Palm Reef

by janeetravel

I have emailed you the map

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

THE END TO KOH SAMUI PART2

by mamasan69

I guess the main difference on this trip to my first, was the fact that I travelled alone.
This did give me the chance to meet many people (local and tourist) and enjoy new and many of the same experiences.
Again the Reggae Pub provided much of the night time entertainment, but a few new pubs/bars added something new. Most days were spent on or very near the beach just relaxing, as well as chatting with various people that I met. I would have to say on this last visit, that the first time experience of travelling alone and meeting so many new people, is the highlight that I will miss the most.........until next time.

Visit Bang-Kao fishing village

by austarman

Bang Khao is basically a small fishing village about 10km south along the coast from Lamai.
It is not on any of the main roads so unless you are on a moter-bike or you hire a car you will probably not see it.
You can have a fantstic seafood lunch here (see my restaurant page) at the seafood restaurant and afterwards walk along the beach, and even have a swim to cool off.
The view from the Ban Bang-Kao seafood restaurant looking out to sea at smaller islands to the south is very beautiful.
After we had lunch there was hardly a soul around on the beach apart from a couple of local children playing and a couple of fishermen away in the distance.
It is such a peaceful, beautiful beach compared to Chaweng or Lamai.
The beaches here are lined with coconut trees which are both beautiful and dangerous.
People are known to be badly hurt by falling coconuts as my friend Ooi is pointing out to me as I took her photo. (behind)
The feature photo was just one of many beautiful coconut lined roads that I rode my moterbike along on my way to Ban Bang-Kao for my seafood lunch.
The monkey in the photo underneath is a coconut gathering monkey that is having an afternoon break.
It was such a great ride to get to Bang-Kao restuarant,and only about an an hour from Chaweng riding very slowly and stopping off a couple of times
Worth the day trip for sure.

Best way to see the island

by kls67

We rented scooters from our hotel - but I think you can find rental companies everywhere. This way afforded us some of our best adventures...once getting off the main road and winding up in the middle of a village, with monkey's jumping on us and children running along wanting to play. The gas was fairly cheap and you could really get far for the money. We found our way around the island with no problem. I think the best advice though is to be careful and cautious and pay attention to what is going on around you.

Favourite Restaurant on the Island

by sacrebleu about Baan Soi

Unlike Bangkok, a good local restaurant is rare since the island is populated with Western tourists and most restaurants offer both simple Western and Thai/Chinese food on their menus. Needless to say, the Thai food is not as spicy and authentic as you can taste in the city. However, we were lucky to have found this 'gem'. Baan Soi is a gallery cum restaurant which serves delicious Thai food and good sandwiches and coffee. We have been there 3 times over a week since we loved this place so much, mainly it's because the atmosphere there. The restaurant side was very cozy and made us feel homey with their home-like cooking Thai food. They played good music in the background too.

Please also see my shopping tips about the gallery. Thai beef salad, Deep-fried Calamari and Thai soup. Oh banana pancake was goooood too :-)

The beach!

by fenella76

We did a tour to the marine park, we went snorkelling and then went to the emerald lagoon. The water was so incredibly beautiful. We then we taken to a nearby island where we were given a great lunch and then went kayaking around some of the smaller islands.
Ang thong park is where the book "the beach" is set.

Comments