The Passage Samui Resort

Don't touchDon't touch

Wat KunaramWat Kunaram

First Timers

by shazzag

My hubby has just surprised me with a voucher to travel to Koh Samui for my 50th Birthday. I had an early bday party as just out of hospital after a major op so won't be travelling till next year. We have been frequent Bali travellers but are having a lash out on something different. Could anyone give me some pointers for Koh Samui eg good areas to stay, play and eat and good time of year to go please. I would very much appreciate any help. I like to have some ideas on a place so it's a bit more familiar. Thx heaps in advance for your time. Sharon

by azmilsyahmi

Ko Sanui has many beautiful beaches. M favourite is still Chaweng Beach. There's alot of restaurant and also night life. The beach is beautiful. I you want a little peace then stay on the Chaweng Noi stretch of beach. The beach and water is great. So is the food there. You can find almost any type of food in Samui.

by me&me

My Husband and I are off to Thailand to stay at Ko Samui again.4th time, we find Bophut at the top of the Island a great place to stay. It has a village feel and has so many good places to eat in all price ranges.the sea is not the best and the sand is bit course,but you can easily get to fabulous beaches with clear sea's.
we stay at the Waterfront in Bophut,it is the best.Not too pricey but 5* treatment.look on trip adviser.Best time to visit is Feb-May just coming to the end of the rainy season. hope you enjoy it.

by sydneystone

For a couple I would not disagree with Bophut or Chaweng Noi as suggested. Another area near Bophut is Maenam. These areas are all in the north part of the island (and dare I say mainly frequented by couples/groups). Another area I would suggest you research is Lamai Beach in the south of the island. I have stayed here twice because there are less tourists (when compared to Chaweng), it has a village feel to it (you can walk to everything), but also because I am single in my 50's. For accom. info & reviews you have been directed to tripadvisor but also have a look at travelfish.

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

In fact this was the first...

by Tenzin

In fact this was the first country I ever visited in 1987 and I've been back there countless times. You simply can never have enough of her bewitching charms. Be it a feast for your eyes, a tease on your tastebuds or the endorphin-inducing high of a massage, believe me this is the place to go. The greatest irony is this is also where I went to discipline my raging senses as a novitiate monk for a month. Thailand, what an incredible world of contrast where money can buy you anything or attain nirvana without any money! P.S. That doesn't imply nirvana comes cheap though, trust me I paid the price of some tough mental workout but I'm still back to the 'real' world. I shall start with Ko Samui, Thailand's third largest island. This photo is the famous Mummified Monk at Wat Khuranaam. According to the temple, this monk was able to foretell his date of death and instructed his disciples to let him pass away in the lotus seated position. His body never decomposed and dried naturally without need for any of Egypt's herbal concoctions.
Such unusual incidence of death is also found among ancient monks of China and Roman Catholic saints too. It is meant to be an indication of the spiritual attainments of the deceased.
Without sounding disrespectful, I'm not quite sure if the dark glasses help him to see better. It sure looks hip to me anyway!

leave your shopping behind!

by LINSY

If you're coming from Bangkok and planning to return to Bangkok again - leave your suitcases behind at the hotel or at the left luggage facility at Hualampong Station. All you need is one backpack with a few basics. Slip slops and a pair of Crocs if you're planning on going on a trek. Rubber shoes are great - you can just rinse them. Toiletries are so cheap here - just buy what you need. Medical Supplies too - we found everything we needed at the local Watsons. Buy your own extra loo rolls when you're there... . Another thing we discovered was 'prickly heat' - they sell a special powder which helps to keep you comfortable. We downloaded all our pics to disk when we got back to Bangkok. High factor sunblock - the local ones are not very good.

Largest club in Samui.

by jackliveshere about Green Mango

The largest club in Samui and seems to attract the biggest crowd on any given night. From my experience it seemed to get going after 10:30pm. There is two main areas, one plays heavier techno and dance music and the other more rap and R&B. Drinks are more expensive than in surrounding areas; 100THB for Singha and Heinekin and mixed drinks from 150THB. Slightly cheaper than western club prices but compare that with the Viking Bar on the same street which serves 1L of Chang for 100THB. Has a great dance floor and usually diverse crowd. Closes around 2am.

Great club. None.

Suratthani - Gateway to Ko Samui

by SLLiew

If you are not flying into Ko Samui, you will probably get there through Suratthani.

There are overnight backpacker buses that you can get to Suratthani from Bangkok or by mnivans from the south from Haadyai or Penang island, Malaysia or from Phuket and Krabi.

Another route is by railway from Bangkok or Butterworth, Malaysia or Haadyai and Sungai Kolok.

The ferry terminal is not walking distance from the town center and so you get on a van or tuk tuk to get there from the transport arrangement made when you buy your boat ticket to Ko Samui.

People in restaurants

by Sajt

Like I told people in the restaurants are very nice. I think you can find not nice people too. But this people are all from west. They are the tourists. Some of the tourist are discusting. They are speaking with Thai people like with animals. I tink this is awful.

Comments