84 Moo 5 Bo Put, 84320, Thailand

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• The Tongsai Bay Koh Samui Thailand

One of the very few resorts on Ko Samui with its own private beach, The Tongsai Bay is splendidly located in Northeastern Samui.

More about Tongsai Bay Cottages & Hotel

Excellent Tonsai Bay

by TripAdvisor Member NewsboyBelfast

After alot of careful consideration my wife and I decided on Tongsai Bay as the destination for our honeymoon this year. We weren't disappointed. Everything about this hotel was first class.
What sets Tongsai Bay apart from any other hotels I've stayed in is the service and how welcome the staff make you feel. From the first night we arrived until the day we left the staff in this hotel did everything they could to help us enjoy our stay. Even the owner of the hotel took time out to buy us a drink at the bar and tell us all about the history of the island and the resort.
The only negative about our honeymoon was that we stayed four nights in the Shangri-La Bangkok on the way back home which was too long for both of us. I wish now I had stayed an extra few nights at tongsai Bay.

Tongsai = Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member hotelcheckerouter

We stayed here for 10 nights in November/December 2004 for our Honeymoon. It was fantastic. When we arrived we were treated to two intertwined hearts in petals on the white linen of our bed and fresh fruit and sparkling wine. A perfect way to start married life (especially after 20 hours of travelling!).

Every day we got homemade cookies and fresh fruit and all the water was free, during our stay it was the Kings birthday and we were invited to a cocktail party to celebrate with the staff, something I will always remember.

The food and staff were excellent and if you want to get away from the hotel then Chaweang beach is about 5-10 minute taxi ride, here there is REALLY cheap food and drink and the Thai boxing was an experience!

Go there, its a little bit of paradise.

Our perfect honeymoon

by TripAdvisor Member winniema

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon. We had a fabulous time at Tongsai Bay. I would not say this is the most beautiful resort but beautiful enough to say we had a wonderful honeymoon. The beach at Chongmon is too rocky and definitely the beach at Chewang is much nicer. The sand is like flour in Chewang. The service there was more than words can stay. Their royal service and staff were fantastic. From the time we were picked up from the boutique style airport of Koh Samui until the minute we departed every minute was memorable. Do ask the front desk for restaurant recommendations outside the hotel. Renting your own car to tour around the island is not worth it. Ask the hotel to order a private taxi for you. It's worth the $, time and service. We miss Koh Samui and Tongsai Bay and we do plan to go b ack there again however next time we might pick a hotel in Chewang because of the beach and convenience of shopping and dining.

Peaceful and serene tropical oasis

by TripAdvisor Member cobalt60

My wife and I spent seven days at the Tongsai Bay Cottages and Hotel in January 2006 for our honeymoon. We stayed in a room, rather than one of the villas so my comments relate to primarily to that.

The Tongsai Bay is set well back from the road in the hills overlooking the resort's private beach. The resort's large grounds ensure quiet and privacy -- there is no through traffic and no public roads visible or audible from the resort. It is located between Chaweng and Big Buddha Beaches, about 10-15 min drive from Chaweng (cab 200-250Bht).

Our room was spacious and split level, with the bath shower and toilet at the entry level, and three steps down to the bed and balcony level. The bed was a four poster with mosquito netting, while the balcony boasted views of the beach, sun beds, and a large bath. The room was also well appointed, with excellent air-conditioning, TV, dvd, and satellite television.

The resort has all the facilities one would expect of a five star resort: two swimming pools, three restaurants, private beach, free use of sailboats, kayaks, snorkel and masks, etc. There were also a number of nice extras: free fruit and cookies in room everyday, fruit and vegetable juices squeezed to order at breakfast, excellent Thai food at Chef Choms. Service was uniformly excellent.

We really enjoyed our time at Tongsai Bay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing, peaceful and luxurious holiday in Koh Samui.

Going beyond expectations

Okay, so I've nicked that strapline from Malaysian Airlines but it sums up our stay quite well! Having researched this hotel using Trip Advisor, we were reasonably confident we had selected well and true to our expectations, we weren't disappointed. The location is ideal in that the setting, sense of space, topography and upkeep of the grounds are all well thought out, and in keeping with it's rating and the immediate environment. As many other reviewers have already commented, we found the staff to be very friendly, efficient and ever-willing to help out and make our stay more pleasurable. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them and everything is done with a smile.

We booked a seaview cottage which was well appointed, if not a little dated in some of the fixtures and fittings and although there's a bit of a schlep to get to and from the beach or the restaurant/lobby to some of the accommodation, it's worth it for the spacious geo layout of the cottages, villas and rooms. And if you're feeling lazy as we were on a few occasions, you can just call a buggy or jeep to transport you which they happily provide without hesitation.

Three days into our stay we were very pleasantly surprised and delighted to be upgraded to a grand villa, which was luxurious in every sense. This was just one of many big and small things which went beyond our expectations. Others included, but is by no means an exhaustive list; chilled towels poolside at midday, chilled water brought to your sun lounger all day whenever you want, drinks service at the beachside and pool, freshly prepared fruit and vegetable juices and fresh fruit and cookies in your room each day.

The exercise room was very good by hotel standards and unfortunately in my previous line of work, I got to stay in many hotels around Europe so I think I'm reasonably well qualified to make the comparison. There were six different cardio machines, free weights, an incline bench and a life fitness multi-gym, not forgetting the free chilled water and sweat towels along with air con.

The half moon pool was fantastic, big enough to knock out a few laps and very peaceful. The beach pool was also very good for adults and nippers alike.

Having ventured in to Chewang on several occassions we were even more appreciative of Tongsai Bay after these sorties as the tranquility and class of Tongsai Bay was an oasis compared to the hussle, bussle and sometimes tardiness of Chewang. For the low price of the taxi fare and 10 minute journey, it made it ideal to dip in to the mayhem that was Chewang but still be able to escape it.

I've crashed on enough so to summarise, we found Tongsai Bay to be a wonderful, friendly, relaxing place to stay, staffed by people who really help ensure you have a great time and it was what we expected and more. Hope you enjoy it if you choose it.

Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member MWales

We stayed at Tongsai over the Christmas period 2004. This was our second time to Koh Samui and memorable both good and bad as the tragegy of the Boxing Day tsunami unfolded to the shock of the world. It was particulary poignant for us as we had only two weeks previously cancelled our holiday to the Maldives because only then our travel agent (never again, do it youself on the net) informed us that there was going to be building work on one of the islands that we were to be staying. As it turned out we found it quite hard to get any accomodation this late on, especially as we tend to go multi-centre. To be landed with Tongsai Bay was more than a shred of good luck in more ways than one. This place is beautiful, plain and simple, from the stylish cottages nestled into the hillside to the superb setting. The restaurants, the staff who'll make a lasting impression on you with their kindness, the everything about this place will leave you breathless. The last time we stayed on Koh Samui (two years before) it was on Chaweng Beach and seeing how busy it has become we were glad to be out of it at Tongsai. Not only that, if you've come from the hussle and bussle of Bangkok then you need somewhere like this to slow down. It is a very peaceful and quiet resort, and at times we got the feeling we were the only people staying there. If you want a great getaway then it's Tongsai. (Got to try a banana pancake down by the Big Buddha; I got addicted!)

M. Chandler

Heaven on Earth

Following an amazing five days in Singapore, I really didn't think our honeymoon could get much better. Then we arrived at Tongsai Bay! All I can say is if you are thinking about it, don't bother wasting anymore time looking and BOOK NOW!!! I can now rest in peace knowing I have found my little piece of Heaven on earth. To describe this experience as perfect does not do it justice. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel completely at home at this five star sanctuary. I have never seen people work so hard and be so happy at the same time and it really is down to every single one of the staff that this place excels. The service, food, friendliness, surroundings, value and the finishing touches are second to none. They really have thought of everything from the extensive menus in all three restaurants to cookies being left in your room each day. What made me fall in love with the place even more was the way it works with the natural surroundings. It works in harmony with the environment and is a total relaxing haven. The Thai culture is embraced and left me wanting more, even the Thai whiskey!!. However, being only a short distance from Chewang and a number of excursions to be booked on site, it's easy to explore alternatives if you wish. I could go on and on, but will just finish with the fact that many of the guests we spoke to were return visitors, surely that in itself says enough!

Fantastic place & Fantastic staff

We have just returned from honeymoon at The Tongsai Bay and I cannot sing its praises enough. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave you feel well looked after and relaxed. Your every need is anticipated and catered for.

The views are stunning, the food lovely and they cater for all tastes and the staff are so friendly. The rooms are well appointed - we had a beach front cottage room 212 which was very secluded and private - ideallic! I would say the resort and rooms are finished in 5 star rustic way rather than a 5 star oppulant way - lots of dark wood and white linen. This works well in the setting its in.

As there are a small number of rooms and cottages Tongsai feels like you are staying at a house rather than a hotel. It is quiet and peaceful but near enought to Chaweng if you want some nightlife and shopping. My husband and i went there twice but were very happy to leave and get back to the sanctuary of the hotel. We opted to eat at the hotel every evening as there is a choice of restaurants and the food is reasonably priced. I agree with other reviewers it isn't cheap for Thailand prices - especially in the Thai restaurant which i found surprising but it is still cheaper than the UK by quite some way.

There was only one area i think they could improve upon slightly and that was the service at the beach bar. I guess it goes with the relaxed Thai way of life but sometimes even when it was very quiet we had to wait quite some time to get any service and then wait for another 15 minutes or so to get one beer or a cup of coffee. Luckily we weren't in a rush or going anywhere soon so it didn't really matter - just thirsty especially by the time it came!

That aside the rest more than makes up for it and i think a week here is ideal for honeymooners and couples and it was the most relaxing holiday i've ever had. I would say The cottages are worth paying that bit extra for and if you can stretch to from what i saw of them the villas looked fantastic. Go as soon as you can you won't be disapointed!

We found paradise!

After having to change our hotel due to the Tsunami earlier in the year, we were worried about staying at a different hotel. However, it only turned out that we were pleasantly surprised. If you are looking for peace, tranquility, with warmth and beauty this is the place to stay. All of the staff were so kind and friendly, and the food was superb. We stayed in the standard Oceanview rooms and thought they were simply beautiful with outstanding sea views, and a very romantic open air bath tub. The local town with lots of shopping is only 20 minutes away at a small charge via taxi, through the hotel. We have really fond memories of this beautiful hotel, and after 9 years with my partner he was so taken by the whole atmosphere that he finally proposed to me on the beach front of the hotel, on Valentines Day. What more can I say?

Tongsai Bay

by frederikranke

Hey,

Anyone who knows how this beach is for swimming in July/August?

Cheers

Frederik

RE: Tongsai Bay

by austarman

It is only a fairly small beach and was choppy and messy when I was there Jan 04 but it is a very beautiful little place if you like something a little quieter.
The cabins look very nice and the food and staff there were both good.

Comments