X2 Resort Koh Samui

Wat Nara Charoen SukWat Nara Charoen Suk

First House convenient storeFirst House convenient store

Ferry-Bus Service From Samui - Bangkok

by TogetherTrips

My friend told me about Ferry-Bus Service From Samui - Bangkok (1 stop service). She recommended SEATRANS service for me. I'm wondered if this company will service only foreigner or Thai too? Are there any company service? and how much does it cost. Because I will travel alone back from Samui to Bangkok.

by earthflyer

Thses trips are popular with foreigners but I have I seen some Thai people use this service as well. I see no reason why you can not use it. expect to pay around 4-500 baht.

by Princess_Emily

Hi, We just returned from a 3 week vacation on Samui.
I'm just getting started on posting pics and info. Here are some tips on going to Samui from Bangkok and vise verse.

1). Most expensive Fly with Bangkok Airways.

2). For other options(Night Train - Bus - Boat)check out this link.

3). Lomprayah High Speed Catamaran goes from BKK to Samui with a couple of stops along the way .. trip takes 12 hours. We used this service to do some Island hopping during our stay. Very good service,can recommend to everyone.

4). I have photo's and tips to share about Samui, Koh Tao, Koh Phangan, and Nang Yuan (pages being worked on) if i can be of any help please feel free to contact me.

by sezabell

personally i would take the train or if going on bus take a public transport one not one of the tourist ones where you are packed in like sardines.

by GlobeTrekr

I paid about $25 USD for my train/ferry ticket which was train from Bangkok to Surat Thani and ferry from there to Samui. I ended up missing my train and decided to just purchase an airline ticket. My one way ticket from BKK to Samui was about $60 USD but SOOOOOOO worth it! It was only a 45 minute flight, food was served and we even had free food at the Bangkok Airways Lounge at BKK airport! I would have saved money catching my train but after my wonderful experience with BA I was so glad to be in Samui 45 minutes later as opposed to 12-14 hours later!
I am a budget traveler and love to travel by land but if you can shell out the extra money, I would fly.

by YaaDong

Check out the VT Koh Samui "transportion" tips.Many good tips with pics there.

by YaaDong

Check out the VT Koh Samui "transportation" tips.Many good tips with pics there.

Travel Tips for Ko Samui

SHORT VISIT TO SAMUI, THIRD TRIP

by mamasan69

I was only here for a very short time on this trip compared to my first two. I still managed to see many of my favourite spots, as well as a couple new ones.
My days were spent swimming and suntanning. At night I did go to the Reggae Pub two times and also went to a kareoke bar (no I didn't sing), for a little change. During my time once again at the Reggae Pub, I ran into old friends and met some new ones. I also went to many of the same restaurants to meet some of these people. The main reasons I keep coming back to Samui now are my friends that live there, and the fact that I meet many new ones each trip. So if you like to meet new poeple, I defintely would recommend Samui, I know I will come back.

Peak Eye View Restaurant

by SamuiDean

This is situated on one of the highest points of the island. At over 600 metres above sea level it offers great views of the Samui coastline. It is easy to reach. There is a tarmac road which leads you all the way. The road is steep in places so be prepared to get into 1st or 2nd gear when driving up there. The restaurant offers a selection of Thai food and drinks. You sit outside overlooking the views. Very relaxing.

Drive along the main ring road between Nathon and Lamai and you will see a signpost.

How to get there

by balisunshine

By Air:

With an airport on the island,
you may have the option of
flying there direct from
one of the 6-7 flights from Bangkok
offered by Bangkok Airways.

The flight durations is 1 hour and 10 minutes.

By Train:

Another option is heading down
on the train which
then will be followed by the ferry

There are 6 southern trains daily

For Surat Thani to Bangkok:

Train 48 Dept. 17:32 / Arr. 5:10 next morning
Train 42 Dept. 17:50 / Arr 5:35 next morning
Train 16Dept. 19:05 / Arr.5:50 next morning

Note: There is no first class
on the above trains.
Only a/c carriages wit sleeper berths.

By Ferry:

I wasn’t able to find out about
all the ferries that go there,
but did collect the following information:

On Raja Ferries:

Donsak Office Tel. (077) 471151-3
Samui Office Tel. (077) 415230-3
Pha-Ngan Office Tel. (077) 377452-3
Bangkok Office Tel. (66-2) 277-8709 /277-4488

My Favourite Restaurant, Ever!

by AbbyL about Starfish and Coffee

I loved this place so much I just had to eat there every night!

Situated in the small fishing town of Bophut at the north of the island, this restaurant offers a wonderful range of local and international cuisines. Named after a Prince song, it's styled in a Moroccan fashion; deep reds and oppulent golds aplenty, it feels rich and luxurious, reminiscent of souks and kasbahs.

You can choose to sit inside on floor cushions, or enjoy the sound of the waves lapping almost at your feet on the outdoor terrace. (It's advisable to book in advance if you want one of the private booths.)

There's a fresh fish and seafood counter where you can choose your meal, should you wish, and the delightful staff will be more than happy to advise you.

If you're planning on eating your evening meal here you should go easy on lunch! You really should go for three courses - around $10US (including drinks) per person!

They've even thought to put citronella burners under all the outdoor tables to keep the bugs away, so you can be assured of a pain-free evening!

There's also a small shop at the front of the restaurant, where you'll find clothing and a range of Thai handicrafts. There's even a massage centre in the restaurant, so if you're feeling weary you can opt for a quick pick-me-up while you're waiting for you food to arrive!

I can honestly this was some of the best food I've ever eaten, in a truly beautiful location.

Try it - you won't be disappointed! Everything's fantastic - I really couldn't pick a favourite!

Make sure you try the coconut soup though! The Thai green curry.....beef curry.....red chicken curry........Thai style red snapper......Flambe bananas finish of your meal quite nicely too!

The beach at night

by jaxw17

I looooove when I am in Samui to go on to the beach at night and to eat or drink. Listen to the music of my choice and chill. Just lie back on some thai cusions and let the world go by.
I think that this is one of the most special things to do and i will be doing this at christmas when i go. should be a able to put some pictures on then. I did not have my digi camara last time we went.
If you are there try it as opposed to the hustle and bustle of Chewang. The first time we went we did not discover it until the last night what a waste!

Comments