Amari Vogue Resort

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Amari Vogue Resort

Amazing Amari Vogue

by TripAdvisor Member newcoupleCanada

We stayed at the Amari Vogue in Krabi for 3 nights and it was amazing. We were in Thailand to get married and chose to stay at the Amari beforehand as a romantic & private getaway. The Amari did not disappoint at all, it is tucked away along the coastline between the mountains with the most stunning setting you will see.
Its pools are amazing and all have views of the ocean and islands. The entire staff were very helpful and accommodating and we were treated as if we were on our honeymoon - it was fantastic. We highly recommend this hotel and will definately return, we loved it.
Thank you Amari Vogue for a memorable trip.

Beautiful !

by TripAdvisor Member pam_n

My husband and I booked the Amari Vogue for 9 nights for our anniversary. We went at the start of the rainy season but we were lucky it only rained on our last day!

Amari Vogue is one of the nicest 5* places we have been to. The room was spacious and clean. The beach by the hotel is clean and very pleasant. The hotel staff are really nice and extremely helpful including the hotel management.

My only poblem during the stay was food. I am a vegetarian and there were not many veggie options on the menu. We ate at Bellini's a couple of nights and then the main restaurant on the first night but otherwise, most evenings we went to Ao Nang for dinner and a massage!

The hotel spa was a nice treat and I recommend the body scrub!

Sometimes communication was a little tricky so I would recommend that you take a phrase book along with you.

The Best!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Matt_RT

Well, what can I say? This would have to be the best resort I have ever stayed in. I am writing this room from our honeymoon suite at the Amari Vogue. Everything about this hotel is perfect. The Thai staff are super friendly and communicate very well. The rooms are opulent and always cleaned to perfection on time every day. I am by far one of the fussiest travellers and I cannot fault this place.

We were picked up at Krabi airport by the hotel shuttle (1000Bht and well worth it!!) and taken to the Amari Vogue. I must admit we were a little hesitant coming to Krabi in July as it is supposedly rainy season, but the weather has been great. Sunshine most days with the odd shower and evening storm. Certainly enough sun to get a tan and enjoy the fantastic pools.

The check in procedure was smooth and effecient and we were greeted with a cool towel and herbal tea. The food here is amazing (both Thai and Italian) and reasonably priced for a 5 star hotel. The free buffet breakfast did not dissapoint - the service was so good we almost felt guilty that we were being spoilt so much!!!

As a garden lover and frequent traveller to Thailand, the gardens here are the best I have seen - no expense has been spared. We passed the Sheraton and Soffitel on the way here and I am so glad we chose this one.

Both managers, Max and Martin are always chatting to the guests and making sure they are being looked after - I have never seen this before.

the location is around 20 minutes from Aonang, but the seclusion makes this hotel something special. We hired a motor scooter thru reception (350BHT/day) and explored Aonang and Krabi. I highly reccomend this transport option as it is both safe and fun!!! We were, however glad to be back at the resort early in the evening for happy hour at the pool bar.

I used the gym facilities every day and found them quite acceptable. We also walked next door to the new resort and had a great meal there as well.

We also highly reccomend both the Nosey Parker Elephant Camp (1750Bht/person for a half day tour including a fantastic lunch) and the King Cobra Show (400Bht/person).

We will both be sorry to day goodbye to the Amari vogue - next stop is Phuket and I just know it won't be as peaceful as this.

Great deal

by TripAdvisor Member AiLingMalaysia

My family stayed at the Amari Vogue from 28th May to 1st June. It was a great deal . I managed to book the 'stay 2 night, get 2 nights free' package. It includes breakfast. The nett price wad USD 392 for the four night which works up to slightly less than USD 100 per night for a beautiful five star hotel.

Let me list down the great things about the hotel :
i) the enormous bed - the width of two queens.
ii) the beautiful landscaping. The total area of the hotel is long and narrow but clever use of terracing maximized the available area.
iii) the spacious room about 450 sq ft with a balcony, day bed in the balcony, an enormous bath tub which my 2 children loved, a separate shower.
iv) the breakfast fare was good.
v) the Italian restaurant was good.
vi) The pools were beautifully landscaped. There are 5 small pools actually.
vii) The staff are very helpful, attentive and friendly.
viii) The condition of the hotel is very new.
ix) DVD player is available in the room to keep the kids occupied at night after a long day out.

The locations is right at the end of Tup Kae beach after the Sunset Beach Resort, Anyavee and Tubkaek Boutique Resort. The resorts are all in a straight row with beach fronts.

The reason I chose amar Vogue was the stay 2 night, pay 2 nights offer and the beach front access. The other hotels in Aonang do not have beach fronts. Most of the hotels in Klong Muang do not have beach front access. Also the beach fronts in Klong Muang are narrow. In Tup Kaek the strectch of sand is quite wide, about 40m during high tide and vey shallow in low tide for about 100m. The sand is not sparkling white, but slightly yellowish. There is quite a bit of broken shells and dead coral but it's not too hard on the soles of the feet. The water is quite clear for mainland quality though you cannot compare it to the water in the outlying islands where you can see the sea bottom for 20-30 feet.

The distance to Aonang is about 20mins leisurely drive so I would advise travellers to rent a car for mobility. From aonang there are longtail boats for rental to the many islands. I went to Tub isalnd and Poda island and it was really beautiful.

Children will love the fish feeding at the islands. Amari vogue is also pretty near the nosy Parker elephant trekking site, It's fun for the children too. Rides cost 750 baht per person and 2 people go on one elephant.

Klong Muang is about 15 minutes drive away from Amari Vogue and there are many beachside Thai seafood restaurants, where the food is good and cheap.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Amari Vogue and I hope the staff will keep up the good work.

Bliss Therapy!

by TripAdvisor Member uandtrademe

Amari Vogue is simply beautiful! A new hotel with oppulent furnishings and amazing views. I cannot speak too highly of this resort, it is simply divine.

We stayed in Honeymoon suite 4401, which has incredible views over the Hong Islands - with wonderful sunsets. The Honeymoon suites come with an outdoor Jacuzzi spa bath decorated with rose petals, a honeymoon cake, decorated bed and bunches of roses. Very decadent. Very luxurious. Very special.

The staff are incredibly friendly and professional, providing full silver service at lunch and dinner, and amazing attention to detail. Both restaurants serve lovely food, with the Chef circulating to ensure you are happy with your meal. And whilst you are out wining and dining each evening, the staff are turning down your bed, replacing used linen with fresh and leaving you a wonderful treat for supper!

There are five separate pools at this resort, including a paddling pool for kids with this amazing elephent shower. The jacuzzi beds are a great place to relax, soak up the views an enjoy a superb cocktail from the Sunset Lounge (I recommend the Zombie, - very yummy).

Tours and excursions can be arranged from reception, as well as free shuttles to Ao Nang. Be sure to organise a long tail boat trip to the Hong Islands, just wonderful!

Superb resort, we hope to return with our extended family in tow!

An Amazing Experience worth returning to!

by TripAdvisor Member bobnattravel

My fiance and I had booked a 10 day trip to Thailand and were very excited as this was the destination where he was going to propose. We spent 2 nights in Phuket which was very busy, noisy and hectic. Our next destination was the Sofitel in Krabi. Although it was a big international hotel we felt it didnt provide us with a sense of belonging and we felt the service was lacking. We decided to rebook a 3 day trip we had pre-booked to go to an Island destination in favour of moving into Ao Nang. After a night in Ao Nang we decided to try and relocate. We were flciking through a local magazine and found the Amari Vogue. We looked it up on the next and decided to book 4 nights. What an amazing experience. Although it was approx 20 minutes in a taxi out of Ao Nang it was an absolute pleasure. We loved the boutique style environment and the amazing sense of belonging. The staff were fantastic, the private beach and wonderful surprises you were given whilst lying out in the sun made it all that more enjoyable. We were able to hire a private speed boat that picked us up and took us to Phi Phi Islands and that is where my finace proposed - Bamboo Island. Bamboo Island is just spectacular. The accomodation was great. The previous hotels had beds that were soooo hard that we couldnt sleep. The beds at Amari were soooo comfortable and the doonas made it that more comfortable. We can highly recommend this resort and look forward to returning soon.

Paradise Found?

by TripAdvisor Member Kaitygstar

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 week trip to Krabi where we spent 10 days at the Amari Vogue (with the 5+5 deal). We booked a Honeymoon suite and we're instantly pleased with our decision. The room was beautifully decorated, and was a really good size. Having looked at some of the photos on the website it looked like view from the balcony was obscured by trees, so I emailed the Hotel and requested an 'ocean view room'. We were give one on the top floor and the view was amazing, our balcony was large with a big jacuzzi, table and chairs, and a sun lounger. Looking over at the other rooms from ours, it looks as thought not all the Honeymoon suites have as big a balcony or jacuzzi, or even as good view, so it might be a good idea to email ahead of your stay to guarantee an 'ocean facing' room.
There are 2 main restaurants in the hotel, an Italian and a Thai. Having not eaten at the Thai, I can't comment on it. The Italian 'Bellini' restaurant is fantastically located on the beach front, and the service was very good. However, I think that the menu could use a bit of spicing up. Having eaten at the Full Moon restaurant in the Anantara on Koh Samui I was expecting similar standards.
A lot of people have commented on how the hotel is isolated, while this in the case, hiring a car can easily solve this problem. We hired one from Budget Car Rentals at Krabi airport and were very happy with the service. Its about £12 to get into Ao Nang in a taxi so if you're going into there quite often its going to add up. With diesel being relatively cheap there at the moment, its definitly worth while hiring a car. The hotel does offer transport into Ao Nang, but it looked like it was only at 2pm (neither lunch nor dinner time - quite clever by the hotel me thinks!). It might be more frequent in peak season though.
The pool probably could've done with being a bit larger as there isnt much space to swim around, as well as there not being enough sun loungers (we were there in low season and it was a problem, I cant imagine what it'd be like in peak season).
Overall the hotel is very good, the staff helpful and friendly, and we were very happy staying there. I would definitly recommend it.

Great Value.

by TripAdvisor Member baga

Till 31/10 /2008---half rates.Grab it !!
We were occupying 6 rooms.Very well looked after.The honeymoon deluxe ,a little extra, but well worth it (room 4401).A fantastic view-specially of the sunset,sipping a drink in the jacuzzi.Very spacious room.All possible comforts.Good service.
The hotel is on the beach.Isolated(previous review says it all)Nearest eating and shopping place about 3 kms opposite Sheraton,otherwise 17 kms to Aonang.Courtesy fixed time drop and pick up.Book in advance otherwise rent a car/tuk tuk.
The pools are small, around which free snacks during happy hour are served.Free desserts at bed time left in rooms.Unique touch.
Breakfast was a big spread including dim sum.
Have already told all my friends. GO NOW.
Krabi has 132 islands.FANTASTIC. Snorkle away in emerald green and blue waters.Unbelievable.

Amazing Amari Ambiance

by TripAdvisor Member chimp2000

Just spent 7 days at the Amari in May with the family. Found the whole experience very satisfying, and relaxing, great location at the end of Tubkaak beach overlooking Hong Islands, and especially at happy hour watching the sun set over them. The hotel is newly built in 2007, with a boutique feel, and only 57 rooms, giving it an intimate feel; it is very clean, laid out lovely, with landscaped gardens and pools.
The food is good, but not outstanding, but the service is 2nd to none. All the staff were very friendly, and always on hand. Little touches like free snacks in the afternoon were good, as well as the free 5 minute massages. The hotel is a little isolated in regards to eating out away from the hotel, but free shuttles to Ao Nan operate daily. Klong Muang is the next village along (5/10 minute in taxi) where there are a few restaurants, try The Terrace!
All in all a great 5star hotel in a great setting, with a relaxed/chilled vibe, would be happy to go back some day.

Great experience, excellent value

by TripAdvisor Member b0ags

Definitely our best hotel experience in Krabi. We spent 4 days in this wonderful boutique hotel. Very very good value. Offering seclusion without being too removed, this was perfect.

The staff were warm and professional, particularly Martin who helped us with local attractions & food and made the stay more memorable.

Photo taken by HaraldPhoto taken by Harald

Phra Nang Cave, Railay Beach, Krabi, ThailandPhra Nang Cave, Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand

Beef ball noodle soupBeef ball noodle soup

halfway up to the tempelhalfway up to the tempel

Centara Grand Beach or Amari Vogue resort

by maldivi

Hello to all virtual tourists !
Going to Krabi at the end of october with husband and 10 years old kid. Just need the advice which hotel to choose: Centara or Amari Vogue ? Is the weather in October fine or rainy?
I will appreciate some advice.

Re: Centara Grand Beach or Amari Vogue resort

by johnaalex

You can read my opinion of the Centara here http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7e55c/160d83/3/

I would not stay there again. The Amari does look good and I have stayed at other Amari hotels before and always found them to be good value.

October is still in the wet season. Best time for Krabi is Janaury to April.

Regards

John

Re: Centara Grand Beach or Amari Vogue resort

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Krabbi for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.