273 Beach Road, Ao Nang, Muang, Krabi, 81000, Thailand

Travelocity Hotel Website Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Bonobo2005's Profile Photo

Very decent place to stay

stayed here 2 nights. The reception girls are the best in the world as they thought I was lovely, of course nothing can be wrong about such a place. Besides the nice smiles at the entrance, the service can be rated as moderate. Cleaning was very good and the only other service I needed was someone had my curtains fixed. The point is that there is a lot of window in the room, which is quite nice if it were not the fact that the main path to the rooms passed by just 1 meter away from that huge window which offers great views on the bed. I thought it would be nice to have some privacy but that curtain did cover the window far from fully. Actually the guy never showed up to fix it, and afterwards I didn't mind that much either.

I could recommend this place definately for its very convenient location and all the good facilities, but negotiate the price.

Unique Quality: The rooms are provided with coffee, tea and mineral water for free and not too expensive mini bar. TV quality was quite poor. Flush toilet without trouble.

The aircon was great but difficult to operate. I thought I had swithed it to 23 degrees like at home, but woke up in the middle of the night freezingly cold. A closer look learned that it was not pointing at 23, but at 14(!) degrees.

Whole range of bathing supplies like shampoo etc , just remove all the unused stuff from the bathroom and get it replaced every day and you end up with free shampoo, conditioner etc for weeks more after you left.

In low season I paid THB 1000 (USD 27) for the room, after negotiation. In peak season the rooms go for THB 5000+ if I have to believe the price list and I'm not sure if that would be worth it. Ao nang is known as a quite expensive town to stay, but it comes with luxury.

NB I have seen no sea from the room (the name seafront is therefore a bit misleading).

• peemapat's Profile Photo

Small resort, big impress.

This is small resort, around 20 rooms. But, I was very impressed with the friendly welcome of resort staffs. They're all have serviced heart and always help us a lot from the beginning of the trip until we returned home.

Unique Quality: Great services.

Directions: At Ao Nang beach.

More about Ao Nang Sea Front Thai Resort

should I just flip a coin

by kerrybomberry

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels, Ao Nang Sea Front Thai Resort or Emerald Garden Resort. I cant make my mind up which to book.
Is being near Ao Nang beach a plus or minus. Any info on the above hotels or area would be much appreciated

Re: should I just flip a coin

by squidchip

I never stayed at either hotel. I also haven't been since 2001 but here is what I know...
AoNang is a decent area with spectacular views. Some good restaurants around also.
Maybe stay a couple nights at AoNang then take a boat over to one of the other beaches for a few days.
Have Fun