Aonang Villa Resort Krabi

Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 61% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Wann's Profile Photo

The best location in Aonang

The hotel is very central to everything, close to beach and town. The coral swimming pool is great, huge and great view of mountain. The swim-up bar is at another smaller pool (dolphin pool). The staffs were polite and attentive, the manager was very helpful and give us the welcomming feeling. There was plenty of choice for breakfast. The dinning restaurant by beach is the best! excellent food and romantic atmoshphere at night. We got a room over look the coral pool and mountain view which is very nice! If I have to complain it will be about bedroom that was very basic style, we asked for King-sized bed, but was given instead two single beds combined and there was no separate shower. After all I had a great time here.

Directions: Central of Aonang area

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Beach hotel at Krabi

Located right at the beach, a wonderful location to stay overnight. You can walk along the beach at sunset. Eat at the restaurant by the beach. Listen to music or sing karaoke with Singha beer.

Chalet is clean and comfortable. Great service from staff.

• KChiong's Profile Photo

Location of the resort

Ao nang villa was located in a good location. Except for some small hiccups (no water in the bathroom at day 1 and aircon not cold at day 2), overall was quite a pleasant stay for me. Just outside the resort, you can rent a motobike for 150 Baht (24 hours)

• LenaFIN's Profile Photo

A great hotel

The hotel had everything and I believe that many elderly people chose Aonang Villa because they can get all services without ever leaving the hotel-area. The beach is just by the hotel. We had also breakfast included and it was really good and there was something for everyone to eat.

We also took part in a show event. They had music and dancers, it was fun and different from my own culture. They had a buffet with typical thai-food.

Unique Quality: The pool area was a bit crowded sometimes, many of the hotelguests reservated the sunchairs by the pool by putting their towels on them and just leave the towels there the whole day. So it was really difficult to get a own chair if you wanted to lay by the pool.

• vyxxyn's Profile Photo

Popular Resort (but nothing fancy at all)

One of the older resorts, it is marketed heavily and therefore more crowded and usually difficult to get vacancies. If you can, request to stay in blocks 2 or 3. I put up in block 6 and it was yucky. First a long walk from central amenities (whole resort is built in a circle and I think block 6 is the end of it). Moreover it's dank, damp and rather spooky at night. Whole place reeked of mold growing on the floor carpet. The curtains were dusty and so were the chairs. We hoped to get a good view of the pool from our balcony but all we got was a dead & still pond outside! Pictured here is one of the better views of the resort taken from another block.

Unique Quality: Nothing unique

More about Aonang Villa Resort Krabi

Ao Nang Villa

by TripAdvisor Member FlossieUK

My partner and I stayed at the Ao Nang Villa for two weeks in February 2007. Generally the hotel was fairly good, although a few quite basic points let the place down.
We arrived at around 10.30am and our room wasn't ready. (check out time is 12 noon and check in 2pm.) Having travelled on a night flight we decided to sit by the pool, but there were no sunbeds spare. We waited in the lobby and eventually got our room at 2.45pm, so a long wait! We appreciate the check in/out times, but several people arrived during the time we were waiting, and were given their rooms straight away. I suspect the staff were just badly organised, and every time we asked when the room would be ready they said they would find out, but never gave us an answer!
We had booked a superior room, and it was spacious and well equipped with tea/coffee making, hairdryer, safe, mini bar and drinking water provided daily. There was no hot water on two occasions, which seemed to be a problem with the system rather than the fact it had simply run out. The room had excellent airconditioning. They are not luxurious in comparison to some other hotels, but they are adequate. Superior rooms overlook the Coral pool and are very quiet, standard rooms have a sea view, but get the engine noise from the longtail boats on the beach.
Breakfast was buffet style with a good selection of food, including an egg station where you could get omlettes etc. This was by far the best option for hot food since the 'hot' buffet was virtually cold and therefore not very appealing, and be prepared to wait at the toaster whilst your bread goes through twice before it gets that golden tan!
Generally the restaurant service was a little hit and miss. Some days you were served tea or coffee, and used plates were taken away, other times you had to do it yourself. Other guests who used the restaurant for lunch or dinner seemed to be very disatisfied with the food and the service, one lady told me she had been in the restaurant three and a half hours because the service was so slow! Again poor organisation. There are lots of good restaurants locally, so I would suggest you consider just B&B.
The most frustrating part of the facilities was the availability of the sunloungers. The hotel has two pool areas and the main pool area is beautiful with a huge pool and smaller childerens pool. It is an attractive, spacious area, but the hotel has fallen into the classic sunbed trap! Despite there being plenty of room for more beds, there simply were not enough, and even fewer parasols.
The hotel is in a great location and has lots going for it, but think carefully whether you want to participate in 'sunbeds at dawn' before you book!

Good time at the Ao Nang Villa

by TripAdvisor Member calnog

Excellent hotel. Just on the beach and by the main street in Ao Nang. Two big pools. Garden areas. Superb breakfast buffet. Big rooms, 1.80m beds. Very clean and very attentive staff.

Wonderful Holiday at AoNang Villa

by TripAdvisor Member prettybullet

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at AoNang Villa. Before we went I was a little dubious after reading some of the reveiws on this site, however I can honestly say that my fears were unfounded.
Firstly I must say that if you are looking for the sort of five star luxury which is possible in this part of the world, dont go here. This is a small emerging resort which I am sure was only a fishing village a few years ago. However if you want stunning scenery, wonderfully friendly people, and a hotel location right next to the beach, this is the place for you.
Yes, the furniture in the Kiang Le restaurant has seen better days, but the friendly, polite and helpful service more than made up for that. On most nights the tables were carried out onto the lawn, and everyone ate under the stars within sound of the waves on the beach which was enchanting.
We had heard dire reports of lack of sunbeds, and so on our first morning I was out claiming a couple by 7.00am. However by 10.00am there were still beds available, so maybe this was to do with us going in the "low season".
The hotel is ideally located for booking trips to the many islands dotted off the coast, and I would recommend everyone to do at least one trip. I agree with another report that the company used by the hotel "Pi Pi Island Tours" were extremely well run and well worth the effort. However it is just as easy to walk on to the ticket office 100yds away and book a ride on a longtail boat to Poda or Tup Island (both well worth a visit, especially if you enjoy snorkeling!)
Finally I would just like to say that it is the only hotel I have stayed in where guests made friends with the staff to such an extent that I saw someone buying a birthday present for a waiter, and many people were coming to shake hands and personally say goodbye to the restaurant staff before leaving the hotel - I think that says a lot!

Lovely Resort

by TripAdvisor Member CarinaFinland

I've just returned from a 14 night stay in Ao Nang Villa Resort. The hotel was lovely: beautiful architecture, gardens and pool, friendly staff and perfect location. The hotel is situated right in front of the beach, with very short walking distance to shops and restaurant - as written on the website: "The perfect spot with everything at your fingertips..." We stayed in a superiour room and it was nice, spacious and clean.

I loved the resort and had a wonderful time in Krabi, but there were two things that bothered me a little: the lack of sunbeds around the two pools and bad organisation and sometimes not as good service as expected at the Kiang Le restaurant (at one time we waited almost for one hour for our food to arrive). The sunbeds were taken all day, before people who stayed at the hotel went to eat breakfast they put towels on sunbeds, hours before they actually went to the pool. I thought this was a very rude thing to do. Because of this I wonder if the problem with the sunbeds would be solved by adding more sunbeds...(The hotel is quite big and if there were one sunbed for every guest the pool areas would get too crowded with too many sunbeds.)

The beach in front of the resort is average, but Ao Nang is a charming place and the hotel a good base for exploring the islands, other beaches and sights of Krabi. Don't miss the islands Poda and Tup, and the beaches of Railay.

Nice hotel but not a 4 star service

by TripAdvisor Member NICLEONESIN

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 14 nights and we found it ok but not one of our favourite hotels.
We booked a superior seaview room on the 3rd floor and the view from the balcony was nice and we could see the sea shore and the promenade in front of the hotel. The room was spacious and clean and so was the bathroom. I Had some problem with water temperature in the morning (when everybody showers) and in the evening when the water would just be either boiling or freezing ! The breakfast was good with lots of choice from continental to thai food and usually very busy and having to queue to get an omelette from the chef! The staff was pleasant at first but did not speak very good English and we were quite annoyed by the fact that every morning (for 14 days) the same waiter did not recognised us and ask us every morning several times our room number and name!!!!! Customer service is not a strong point in this hotel and everything seems to be quantity over quality! The reception ladies do not speak good English at all and are quite rude and over worked with far too many clients queueing at their reception desk looking quite fed up! When we paid our check out bill we weren't thanked for the stay or had any usual polite greeting at all we just had to sign the bill and that was it, not very good customer service!!! A good thing in this hotel is the SPA which is very expensive for Thailand prices but the beauticians were very professional and used very good French products! (good place to have a facial)
The hotel has got 2 quite large swimming pools but during the day are both packed and there are quite a few kids splashing around so not good if you want to relax and read a book! Better go to the beach few metres in front of the hotel to sunbathe and chill out!
The location of the hotel is perfect for going on boat trips and island hopping to the nearby Realy Bay and to take the ferry to other islands like Ko Phi Phi and Ko Lanta ect. The hotel is also closed to the main shopping area and restaurants and I thing is very good for families with young children and elderly couples but not much to do for young people in this area. We took a ferry to Ko Phi Phi island and stayed in a beautiful bungalow overlooking the sea for 3 nights and we found this island much more for younger people with good bars on the beach and overall a more chill out atmosphere!! I would not go back to Aonang Villa Resort because of the staff and the bad service we received and I would raccomend to stay in this hotel only for a few days and then take the ferry to the more lively and beautiful islands in front and book an hotel on arrival, cheaper and better with all mod cons! The people on the islands are much more friendly too !

Ao Nang VillaAo Nang Villa

Ao Nang Villa Our BungalowAo Nang Villa Our Bungalow

ao nang villa resort

by dishyhilton

hi all
Has anyone stayed at the ao nang villa resort ??
I am planning to stay in the deluxe ground floor room
There will be 2 adults and a 7 year old
Does anyone know if they have a sofa bed or the like as well in this room
as I cant seem to get a layout of the room form the hotel staff
They want me to pay the extra person rate
Any responses would be gratefully received
cheers