Baan Havaree Resort

Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Krabi

Photo taken by HaraldPhoto taken by Harald

Steep steps, but you can probably make it!Steep steps, but you can probably make it!

Sunset at West ralieySunset at West raliey

Planning 2 be in Krabi for 3 days & have shortlisted the following properties:
Ao Ng Princeville
Best Western Ban Ao Nang
Best Wester Bay Garden

any suggestions ? recommendations (am travelling with my wife & kid)?

thanx

by bazz

I stayed at the Ao Nang President Hotel.

It was reasonably priced and was very clean with satellite TV.It is about 400 yards from the beach and it has a very good restaurant next door.

by Fernandocramos

I stayed at Ao Nang Princeville last january and I payed for a deluxe room around U$60.
The hotel was amazing, in front of the beach, good breakfast and the rom was fantastic. You can see some pictures in my Krabi page.
When I return I will stay there again.
Good luck , Fernando
PS: If possible dont forget to rate the tip, thanks

by Pinaks

Thanks Fernando. I booked a 'superior' @ AN Princeville - hope it won't be too bad.
Yes, I visited ur page & found the tips quite useful.
Cheers !!!

Travel Tips for Krabi

Rent a Kayak

by GracesTrips

Renting a kayak from Railay Beach is rather easy and inexpensive. No need to shop for the best rate because all of them charge the same price. Renting is by the hour and the more hours you rent your kayak for, the cheaper it is. For two hours it cost us 300 baht (US$9.00). Because we rent the kayak from our own resort, they let us add the cost to our room tab. Ask for a waterproof storage bag for the items you plan to take along with you. You will need it because it gets pretty wet onto the kayak.

We enjoyed kayaking around Railay. There are many beaches to just stop off at and enjoy. Lots to explore right near the coast. I wouldn't try kayaking to Chicken or Poda Islands, it's a bit far. Even by long tail boat, it takes some time to reach them. They appear not to be that far but they are. SUNSCREEN is a must. The sun is intense and if you hop into the water, you don't feel the heat of the sun.

Take bottled water and some fruit. We did and after an hour of kayaking, we were thirsty and a bit hungry.

Taking Krabi Town's Taxis

by Aidy_p

There was a complimentary transport back to our hotel but it was rather infrequent. Since my wife and I had my little girl in tow, and since we have explored the town for about five hours, we were ready to head back to our hotel room to soak our tired feet.

We checked out the Tuk Tuk but these bone-shakers don't come cheap in relation to other means of transportation (The going rate was about 150baht/ person). So we tried our luck with the taxis. There were "taxi hailers" who will shout out to you to find out if you needed a taxi. We nodded, and instanteneously, the man shouts back, "100baht one", meaning 100baht/person).

Get ready for some emotional blackmail when you try to negotiate. A disgusted look; the wave of their hands; and the words "no taxi" stuck to the man's lips.

I stood firm with my final offer of 50baht/ person. The taxi hailer relented and went on to hail down a converted Datsun taxi.

My wife and I were spying as to how much the Thais had to pay for their transport...10 Baht max! Ah well, we are the tourists aren't we?

Best place to watch the sun go down

by clouds111

A bar/cafe (I forget the name) at the southern end of Ao Nang beach (looks like a beach shack) is the best place to watch the sun go down. They serve food throughout the day and they have the best fresh fruit smoothies and milkshakes, with loads of options to choose from. Coconut milkshake, with a dollop of coconut icecream

One day trip to Phi Phi island

by strollingfish

You don't have enough people to charter a speedboat? Never mind. Book the trip from an agency. The 1450B package includes set lunch and snorkelling and some small islands.

The pictures are so stunning! They're all true. What impressed me most is the beach on Bamboo island, a sun basking paradise, and the turquoise-green water in Phi Leh Lay. It's so lucky that I watched some dolphins leaping when leaving Phi Phi.

Thai Massage

by Jez79

Another thing you have to try in Thailand is traditional Thai massage. Krabi has an abundance of cheap massage places, ranging from air conditioned rooms to a mat on the beach. Thai massage involves a lot of stretching, accupressure and kneeding of muscles and leaves you feeling totally relaxed. It's worth investing in a two hour massage, which should cost around 300 -400 Baht. Most places have the matresses/ mats beside each other in open rooms. On Ton Sai beach, there are a number of massage places near the beach. On Phra Nang there are a number of people working on the beach.

Comments