Baan Taveesri

More about Krabi

Ao Thalen BayAo Thalen Bay

View from Mother House restaurantView from Mother House restaurant

Railay BeachRailay Beach

Long tail boatLong tail boat

Any Flights from Krabi to Phuket ??Air Andaman??

by ASTRAMISH

Hi there,
Has anyone flown from Krabi to Phuket ? I think there is Air Andaman who now flys to & from but I cant get onto their website,we have booked our accom & Doing Bkk, Krabi (Ao Nang) then to Koh Lanta then need to get to Phuket. Have been to Thailand before but no Krabi & Koh Lanta...... leaving on 23/11/09
Cheers
Fi

by seagypsy

Are you leaving from Ao Nang or Koh Lanta? If Ao Nang, then why not take a private van transfer (a couple hours) or the inexpensive bus from Krabi-town.
If Lanta, then you could take a boat ferry to Phuket with a stop in Phi Phi Don unless there's a direct ferry to Phuket (which I don't know about).

by cgf

I would also suggest to take a bus, much cheaper and it goes always.

by NinaPhuket

yes, I agree to take a bus and sight seeing I drive 2 hours last time. I live in Phuket 7 years..'Welcome to Phuket' more information and suggestion or some help can email me nina.th@hotmail.com

by Hanlie

Try Air Asia...

Travel Tips for Krabi

Water everywhere

by leffe3

The point about Ao Nang is the Andaman Sea. The beach may no longer be pristine white sands, but it is nevertheless a great base for exploring this part of Thailand. The beach is virtually outside your hotel door, there are plenty of water taxis to the nearby Rai Leh Beach (cleaner than Ao Nang but virtually no facilities), organised snorkelling trips to nearby islands, boat trips to other key sites as well as land trips to the jungles of the peninsula. And with restaurants aplenty, a few bars and a small night market, there's enough to keep you occupied. And Krabi is only 30 minutes away if you want the noise and bustle of a city. The relaxation.

Tiger Cave temple

by Gard

Another trip I can recommend in the Krabi area is a trip to Wat Tham Sua or Tiger Cave temple. We took a taxi to this place one day (400 baht each way) and it is located about 3 km north of Krabi town. We started by climbing to the top of the mountain, which has a pagoda, a sitting Buddha and Buddha’s footprint. To get to the top you have to climb about 1200 steps. It was kinda funny to see how tiny these steps were to start with but all of a sudden we had steps that were 40-50 high and pretty narrow. This means that the steps were pretty steep in some places. But it was a great trip anyway and the view from the top is very nice. Ok, I have to admit that it was great to get down again and buy some ice cold Coke from the nuns that run the mini mart at the bottom of the steps. We also stopped by the Tiger Cave temple of course and we got some blessing from a monk there. The munk seemed to be interested in talking to us but his English was not that good so it was hard to understand him.

pan cake for u?!!

by pehsan

my friend was telling me about the hawker stalls selling pan cake along the street, a must-eat-snack in krabi. i was kind of curious what would it taste like for pan cake with corn-coconut... by the way, i'm not as adventurous on food as i tot, i took chocolate flavour instead.

Khao Sok National Park

by gonzo747

At Khao Sok National Park, we did a really great daytrip. First off they brought us to a big lake. Then we went on a small boat and then we sailed over the lake which was very peacefull with beautifull limestone rocks. Then we arrived at a small lodge on the other side of the lake. We had lunch here.
Then we walked into the jungle, finally we ended up in a big cave.In the beginning there was a bit of water; At the end off the cave trip we had to swim in the cave. This was the best experience.

Elephant Show and Trekking

by sacrebleu

This is included in the James Bond Island tour. The baby elephants are really smart and it was funny to see them 'kissing' with their trunks and giving 'massage' to the tourist (volunteer). I think it's really cruel when they stand with their two feets. I don't know how much they have been through for being trained to do that.

The older elephants would do the trekkings. It's about 10 minutes walk and trust me that's good enough. It was really wobbly and scary sitting on the elephant with only a string tied around the sit to protect you from falling. At least, they don't walk up or down hill like they would in Samui. You should have your camera ready to capture the moments when the elephant pees. It buckets down lol.

Comments