Overall, this is a "not bad" hotel because it has some good points mixed with some not so good ones. I had a 5D4N stay there and don't mind revisiting it again.
My experience and opinion:
1) Very friendly reception staffs. They will try their best to help in whatever queries or problems you may have. Well, they may not be very eloquent in their English but normal communication is not a problem.
2) The hotel is relatively new and well maintained. The rooms are spacious and bathrooms are clean and stylish. The furnishing at the swimming pool, reception hall and the dinning cafe are considered well maintained and gives a very resort ambience.
3) Location: Er...I have mixed feelings on this. It's at one end of Aonang bench, situated right between Aonang bench and Noppharat Thara Bay. So, you have to walk a little longer to reach where the busiest street of Aonang bench is. But, that also means you just need to walk alittle distance to reach the peaceful Noppharat Thara Bay where the bench is very shallow. You can go pick seashells and watch sunset at evening time.
4) Transport: The shuttle bus that travels to and fro Aonang and Krabi airport is able to stop in front of the Buri Tara Resort.
Not so good points:
1) Housekeeping: Funny, they don't top up my shampoo and body shower gel. I'm not sure if it's their practice to provide only one set for the guest for their entire stay or ......
2) Breakfast buffet: The spread was okay for me but for one day which I went slightly later of the morning, I found a mini cockroach on the bread toaster which the waiter quickly killed when I informed him and there were ants in the muffins tray.
3) There's no seaview from this resort, at most pool view.
Unique Quality: Excellent reception service.
Directions: It's at one end of Aonang Bench, before Nopparat Thara Bench. The hotel is even labelled in the Krabi map and so it will not be difficult to find.
i would really appreciate if someone could let me know if it is advisable to travel to Krabi around mid Oct. I understand that the weather is not very good during this period.. but how bad can it be?
Nov is a super peak period, and i would certainly wish to avoid that..and its unlikely to travel at the very end of oct as i have some commitments in Singapore.
I would like to stay in Buri Tara Resort hotel. Does anyone stayed there before? Can kindly advise? :)
Try to delay your travels to the end of October if possible then. I have never traveled to Krabi in mid-October, but knew a few who had, and their observations is that the weather in mid-October is really quite bad. However, near the last week, there will be a sudden change for the better.
But with the weather changes these days, you may get lucky of course.
The hotel you are staying at is incredibly new, so I do not know how it's like. Location wise, it's a little far away from the Ao Nang town centre though, but that should not be a big issue since it's still within walking distance.
Just my 2 cents.... :-)
if i went all the way to krabi and it rained the whole time, i'd be very crabby!
Gosh, i was rather disappointed to hear that..
Guess there is nothing much i could do.. either give up or betting my luck!
Anyway, thanx for the reply. :)
hi fannie, we'll be going this 23rd sep for 3 days, though its monsoon season, sure hope it'll get blown away as soon as it come as krabi is by the sea.
i'll update when i return.
hope for e best
Latest Krabi hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: 159/1 Moo 3, T Aonang, Muang, T Aonang, Muang, Krabi, 81000, Thailand