Howdy Relaxing Hotel

More about Krabi

Tabkaak BeachTabkaak Beach

Viking CaveViking Cave

Maya BeachMaya Beach

The cafe in the airportThe cafe in the airport

Honeymoon @ Ko Samui vs. Krabi

by trhoneymoon

We are planning our honeymoon in Nov and are unable to decide between visiting the Krabi or traveling to Ko Samui. We have received conflicting information regarding the monsoon season and would appreciate any advice. Does anyone have hotel recommendations in Ko Samui & Krabi? Thanks.

by stimix

North East Monsoon wth strong wind started fro, Nov till Feb every year on the east cosat of Thailand & thereafter traveling to Koh Samui & any East coast islands including those in malaysia is not recommended.

However during the same period, West coast islands such as those in krabi are OK

by trhoneymoon

Thanks for your suggestion.

Any suggestion, on which island will be best for honeymoon.

-TR.

by junecorlett

Ko Samui is my favourite. We stayed at the Nora Beach Resort and Spa. We travelled September, had a daily small thunder-shower which was over within 5 minutes.
We have just returned from Phuket (last week) and had 2 days of Monsoon rains. It was very refreshing. Once it passed, the weather was great. The heat always stays the same.
All the best - enjoy whichever it is you will choose to go.

by seagypsy

I agree with the above post that the Andaman Coast will pretty much have come to the end of the monsoon season whereas the Gulf islands will be starting up their's.
And besides, the Krabi area offers more natural beauty and far better marine life than Samui.
As to accomodations, you've got the choice of Ao Nang or Railay (and even more exclusive places) with Ao Nang being a touristy zone with many places to eat, shop (touristy shops) whereas Railay is mainly a resort zone with a far better beach (though still not great for snorkeling) but limited and expensive restaurants.
Then you've got the choice for islands of Ko Phi Phi or Ko Lanta of which PP is more famous for it's stunning beauty. If you want privacy, then there are some resorts on the eastside that have their own beach that are more exclusive but you're a short longtail ride into the central busy area at Ton Sai.
Depending upon how much time you've got, I recommend splitting your time between the mainland (Ao Nang or Raileh West) and PP Island.

Travel Tips for Krabi

The most beautiful beach

by gabyne

The most beautiful beach of the whole Krabi area is Pra Nang Beach. There are some fruit and soft drink vendors but no restaurants or bars. Also no toilets around.

You can go there by boat or by foot from Railey East Beach.

Shave Ice

by GracesTrips

From Railay West to Railay East takes about 5 minutes to walk. On Railay East there is a tiny vendor selling shaved ice. It's not as soft as shave ice in Hawaii but definitely refreshing on hot, hot day! The Thai shave ice includes a choice of native fruits or beans. I had it with melon syrup and holy basil. Not exactly sure what holy basil is but it sorta look like frog eggs. It has no taste or flavor but a jelly like texture.

Don't Miss the Roadside Stalls!

by DarkRay about Roadside Stalls

If you are not uptight about the questionable hygiene of food from the roadside stalls, do try them out. They are mostly very delicious and are certainly more authentic than those sold at restaurants. And they are very affordable as well! My favorite dish is the Thai Pancake (about 15 - 25 baht depending on stalls, and type of ingredients used - the more expensive ones also have more ingredients in them). It is basically a freshly made crispy pancake that is used to wrapped around a central ingredient such as bananas, mangoes, sugar, etc... Since it was prepared right in front of me, I was very comfortable having it as well. My favourite was the banana ones - I liked it so much that I had one every single day I was there!

Monkeys at Hat Tham Pra Nang Beach

by L3gits

From Hat Railey East beach just venture south on a path about 10 minutes to Hat Tham Pra Nang Beach. You will Walk on a boardwalk like path around right next to the cliff. Along this path watch out for the monkeys. About half way to the beach look up if they are not already hanging out on the ledges, and you will come across monkeys. They are everywhere! Plus when you get to the beach you might not see them, but that doesn't mean to leave your food out in the open! I left a bundle of bananas by our stuff on the beach while I went to take a dip, and what do you know a monkey snatched my bananas! I ran to the tree it went up and yet to see many more monkeys all over. We all got a kick out of it, and the monkey soon dropped the bananas, and I got half of the bundle back. After that I went up to the tree to offer my pineapple scraps, and the monkeys would just come up and take it right out of my hand! It was amazing. But don't offer them food for too long, or pay too much attention to them because they will start getting mad and hiss at you and even swing at you, which happened to me. So just step away after a little bit so you don't upset them. Watch your drinks as well, I set down my pop to grab my bag and a monkey just came right over, behind my back, and took my pop! It was so neat to have these wild monkeys all over and around us, good entertainment. But just don't get too friendly they might get mad! And keep a c lose eye on your food and drinks.

Krabi Town

by vigi

Despite fairly development over the last few years, there are no large shopping centres, no great leisure facilities, no high rise resort hotels in Krabi. This is a place for sea, sun and sand. You'll find most of the accommodation, shops and restaurants all within easy walking distance of each other near Ao Nang Beach. In the town, head for the market area, where most eating places (indoor and outdoor) are to be found.

Comments