3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Krabi

SNORKELING AT LAEM TONG BAYSNORKELING AT LAEM TONG BAY

Red chicken currieRed chicken currie

Where is the beach?Where is the beach?

View from our poolView from our pool

Cocktails not allowed?

by darlaf

I'm noticing that some hotels do not serve alcohol-can you buy a beer or two and drink by the pool or is that off limits? Thanks

by pgthompson

Yes, no problem.

by SirHalberd

Some hotels don't want you to have any glass bottles near the pool in case they get broken and the glass gets in the water.

I think it would also depend on the hotel. Try it and if it is a no-no you will know right away.

by Richard.GVA

I agree, no problem.
I agree that there are less public places serving beer than in northern Thailand, but moslems in the south tend to be very tolerant...up to a certain limit. of course.

by xymmot

In Krabi you can get alcohol at any shop and drink it anywhere. I usually bring my own anyway unless thre is a big sign that said NO alcohol from outside. In restaurants I bring my own whiskey and they usually price the ice and set up, or soda. Most locals do it all the time. Enjoy Krabi and be sure to take a snorkel and beach tour. It is cheap and fun with beautiful sites. enjoy Tommy x

Travel Tips for Krabi

Speedboat Tour

by AudK

You have to visit the different islands around Krabi to get a complete picture of what Krabi is all about :) There are so many places to visit, and we did not have a lot of time. So, we signed up for a full day speedboat tour that would bring us to all the nice islands arround krabi, and also stop to snorkel. Lunch (at phi phi) and refreshments were also included. The ride was a thrill and the sights were breathtaking.

The Spiritual Path

by Tenzin

Wat Baan Riang was completed in 1997 after 11 years of construction. It offers a glowing example of the Thai's asthetic appreciation of their Buddhist culture. Merely watching the gently rolling hills emcompassing the temple is enough to lower your blood pressure and gladden your heart. When we were there the monks were busy cleaning the fountain pool facing the Kuan Yin boddhisattva. Soft repetitions of the chants over the speakers in praise of her name wafted in unison with the monks constant scrubbing. I simply watched in quiet delight. Please refer to the travelogue for more info and pics.

Cheap seafood

by KChiong about Near the pier along Nopparat Thara Beach

The seafood restaurant (can't remember the name; see directions for location) has a lot to offer ranging to cockles to lobster. The price was also very reasonable. I had 2 lobsters (800 grams), flower crab, cockles, a plate of vegatables and Tom Yum soup for 2 persons for just 1620 baht.

From ao nang beach, hire a tuk tuk for 20 baht per person or rent a motorbike for 150 Baht for 24 hours (Note: as i rented for about 3 hours, they charged me 100 Baht). If you are going by motorbike. Ride along Ao nang beach towards Nopparat Thara Beach, go straight and you will approach a T junction, turn left and ahead you will see 3 seafood restaurants in a row, I ate at the restaurant in the middle.

Kayaking along the river

by flying_dolphin7

We join the local day tour for kayaking + elephant ride, it's really a new things for us to do. This is my second time for kayaking and the first time for my friend. Total 7 group of us we we are seems the very new and fresh leaner. The other group of people they quite good expert. We kayaking about 4-5hours from 10.30am to 4pm. We kayak across the river and the jungle and the scnery realy beautiful and breath taking. We dont really do it well but it's really fun, adventures and excited to us and it's good experience too. We met a very lovely couple who taught us how to control the boat whenever we lost control. The packge it's 1400TBT. I really enjoy this trip, unforgetable experience to us.

Body Massage

by jackiesg

Another relaxing activity you can do in Krabi is doing body massage. There are many massage centers along the Aonang shopping street offering from Thai tradional massage, aroma massage to manicure or even hair beading etc. Some centers are bigger in size while some are hidden along the side alleys. From what I read from other travel website, try to look for those with trained therapists - look for a cert from Wat Po Institute in Bangkok.

I went to a massage center "Sunset Massage", on the 2nd flr of Sunset hotel. My husband and I went there twice. The first time was good but the second time, served by young massage therapists was below satisfaction. The therapists did not exert sufficient strength and her massage strokes were not skilled and experienced. So guess it's still a matter of luck when choosing where to do massage....

Traditional massage usually cost $250 baht and oil or aroma massage $300 baht.

There are also many spa centers usually offered by various hotels where you can enjoy say hot bath, jacuzzi etc. But spa and massages by hotel's centers would usually come at a higher price than those found along the Aonang street.

Comments