Krabi Hotels

• arcee14 profile photo arcee14
  • Reviews: 10

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Budget Hotel: View Point resort at Railay

Personally my stay in view point resort is not as pleasant. We had a standard room with air-conditioning at the lower floors. There wasnt much room left so we were located at a dark corner. So it felt alittle scary. The rooms wasnt clear up when we were told to check in at 2 pm, the next day the room wasnt clear up too.. so there wasnt any fresh towers for us. So it was disappoiinting.

The location of the viewpoint is rather inaccessible. The walk from west raliey was rather long, compared to neighbouring resorts like yaya and diamond resort.

We paid fot 1500bht per night. Thus given the bugdet you dont get much of a nice view, at east raliay.

• Related to: Singles
  • Written December 26, 2006

East raliay

• Karin1S profile photo Karin1S
  • Reviews: 127

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Krabi River Hotel: Great view from the balcony!

We found that hotel by accident - it's at the Krabi river located, the rooms a very hugh and the view from the balcony to the river is really great . . .

• Written February 23, 2006

View from the balcony

• gwen_tifa profile photo gwen_tifa
  • Reviews: 32

Jinda Guesthouse: Just satisfied

I believe this guesthouse is just as good as any other guesthouse you find in Ao Nang Beach. Not much of comments but it's good enough and the guesthouse owner, Wat, is kind you offer you cheap solutions. It costs 700 Baht per night for a double bed, with a/c and hot shower + tv (again haha, was surprised that they have Channel News Asia). Linked to thier Jinda restaurant, you could try some local delights with quite stunning pictures hanging on the wall.

• Written December 27, 2005

Jinda Advertisment

• gwen_tifa profile photo gwen_tifa
  • Reviews: 32

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ya Ya Bungalow (Rai Ley East Beach): Not for the faint hearted?

Haha. Scared you didn't I? Looks slightly rundown , probably because it was made of wood and the steps were quite steep, so you gotta watch out if you carry a heavy backpack.

My friend and I booked the room from the airport, so it was kind of a disappointment even though it was only 500 Baht per night. There was a mini balcony but it sure looks like anyone could climb in - so safety was our issue. The double bed sure looks and feels kind of sandy... And there are no hot showers no cupboards to hang your wet clothes - so unless you don't have a choice, this is your last resort. The owners were nice and understanding but somehow we still didn't like the accomodation and packed up and left for another more conducive place. They have quite nice breakfast though.

Perhaps I should have stayed for the night to see how good the room had performed but my friend and I could take it no more, after all we are on a vacation. heh.... Otherwise, it's really ok to stay there.

They do have air-conditioned rooms but were fully taken.

Moral of the story - see first before you decide to make payment - otherwise money is forfeited and your penalty is greater.

• Written December 27, 2005

• jacquitabanana profile photo jacquitabanana
  • Reviews: 49

P.K. Mansion: definately accommodating

This place was quite good. Nothing amazing but they went out of there way to help us. We wanted the three of us in one room so they dragged us in an extra mansion and threw in air conditioning.
Nice people.

Hidden away but beside a cool Irish pub. HMMM YUMMY PIES.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written November 3, 2005

• wynlim profile photo wynlim
  • Reviews: 48

Southland House: Comfortable guest-house

We walked in to this Chinese-owned resort with an owner who can speak Mandarin, so that was pretty convenient. We had a room with three beds, aircon, tv (with only two channels but better than nothing), hot water, and the room was pretty big and clean, for like 500 baht (low season)

Location's great, right in the middle of the main road of Ao-Nang Beach.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 7, 2005

• ElDiabloRojo profile photo ElDiabloRojo
  • Reviews: 27

Laughing Gecko

The Laughing Gecko was a fantastic experience. The owners were very welcoming and friendly. They also have excellent dinners which they provide for a minimal fee every night. It is very close to the beach and it is just on the outskirts of Ao Nang. My bamboo hut was cheap and very comfortable. I arrived intending to stay the night and ended up staying for a week. Without a doubt the Laughing Gecko was my best experience in Thailand. Highly recommended!

• Written October 6, 2005

• Denay profile photo Denay
  • Reviews: 8

Oa Nang Hotel: Don't take the first hotel offered

This was the cheapest and nicest budget room we found...but you have to look for it, it is kind of hidden!

The best part was they offered $2 (Cdn) laundry service! And after travelling in the same three outfits for a month, clean clothes are more appreciated!

The view is not great, and the stairs are a bit tricky at 2 or 3 am. but the service was awesome and the rooms great (coffee maker, bottled water, air, no geckos, etc.)

• Written April 20, 2005

View from the room

• sern profile photo sern
  • Reviews: 77

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Diamond Resort: good place to sleep

Diamond resort is located at East Railey . It provide wide range of rooms to suit your budget and needs. It has swimming pool and a restaurant serving good food. For non-air-cond double room, it cost around USD 10

• Written March 1, 2005

• gib157 profile photo gib157
  • Reviews: 97

Railey Viewpoint Resort: Railey Viewpoint Resort

I chose this accomodation as it was one of the cheapest places I was shown at the pier in Krabi. It is situated on Railey East which is not a beach worth noting really - mangrove trees and litter. I think I got a good deal as it was in the low season and pretty empty. Accomodation is cheaper on Railey East because of the beach. Railey West is much more stunning.

It is only a 5 minute walk to Railey West and about 10 to Hat Tham Pra Nang which a lot of people dont seem to realise is there!

The pool is very nice with great views, and the food in the restaurant was good. Western Blockbusters were shown on a big screen occasionally.

Nearby is some worldclass rock climbing as well as some interesting caves. The resort organises trips including a 4 island tour with snorkling for 600 baht which was very good fun.

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written January 26, 2005

Pool and Railey East

• alvis profile photo alvis
  • Reviews: 164

Baan Ban Da Lay: Baan Ban Da Lay

All rooms uniquely decorated with very unique bathrooms and a nice balcony with a great view to the beach. Really nice rooms with TV and UBC cable with over 40 channels unfortunatly no espn or starsports so was forced to watch the football elsewhere. Nice lobby and Italian restaurant overall a top class place loved it loads.
5 minutes walk to the beach.

Loved the bathroom!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Backpacking
  • Written December 21, 2004

balcony

• cubespider profile photo cubespider
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ya Ya resort, east rai leh, krabi: comftable, friendly and fun. cheap acom

Ya Ya restor is on the east side of the rai leh beaches. its much cheaper than staying on the stunning west side, the east side has no real beach, but mud flats. but its only 5 mins walk through to the west side beach.
Ya Ya is a great place to stay. there are three story wooden buildings and a campsite to stay in. i stayed on the second floor of one of the buldings. it had great character and was very comftable. most of the guests where in there 20-30s staying here because of the great activitys including climbing, diving, snorkaling, boat trips. at ya ya they run there own activitys at great value, and friendly guides. the resturant was ok, prices more pricey than i had been paying traveling thailand. but reasonable
they also show movies in the evenings.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Mountain Climbing, Beaches
  • Written April 17, 2004

my bed

• illa profile photo illa
  • Reviews: 225

Travel & Accommodation Centre: Recommend a Trave Agency

To our surprise, the taxi driver brought us to this centre from Krabi Airport. We just wanted him to bring us to a accommodation directly, but he said there are too many so I'd better bring you to an agency.

He was right, the guy named "MEE" in the centre was very knowledgable about all the resorts, and hotels in Krabi and the types of trips. Everything was in is mind. He didn't need to check any documents to talk with you. He knew which hotel was closer to the beach, which one was under renovation of swimming pool so it could be a little noisy. And he offered discounts to the hotels, obviously better than walk-in price.

We finally got our satisfying resort on Railay Beach. The last day, we went on a kayaking and snorkling trip and directly returned to Ao Nang Beach afterwards, in order to catch the flight at night. Mee was very friendly and offered his place for us to take a shower...

I told him I'd tell friends about his place because I was very happy with his service.

Knowledgable
Friendly
Good price

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written March 28, 2004

• mamasan69 profile photo mamasan69
  • Reviews: 154

K-GUESTHOUSE: ON MY SHORT VISIT

We only stayed here for one night, so it was short. The rooms were a little overpriced(400bht), but at the time very comfortable. We had just finished another bus/boat trip and a shower felt great when we got here.
The room is small but secure, clean and comes with a fan.
The staff at the K-Guest house were nice and helpful. Just after we arrived I noticed that I had lost my key to my bacpack lock, and needed to cut it off. Within minutes a young guy from behind the desk was hacking my lock off for me, and so I was back in action. It was a very nice gesture I thought. By this point in the trip, my brother and I had already gone through a few locks.
The laundry service here at the guest house was very fast. We left our laundry that night and it was ready for us by the time we left at 7:00am.

The front desk also arranges ferry trips to Ko Phi Phi and Ko Lanta from here. I can't remember the exact price to get to Phi Phi, but I believe it was about 400bht each.
They also do laundry but don't forget to make sure all of your pockets are empty. My brother made this mistake and it cost him 2000bht, he left in one of his pockets.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 27, 2004
Tip Photo

MY COUSIN PASSED OUT-Krabi.

• pehsan profile photo pehsan
  • Reviews: 179

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

blue ba you bungalows: simple and sweet bungalow

the room is very clean and equip with fan and mosquitoes net. this place is suitable for those back packers like me.

hey, has anyone seen my sand paper lamp? i leave it in one of the rooms... gosh...i've forgotten the room number :0(

2 mins walk to the beach rite infront of the bungalow...

• Related to: Backpacking, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel