Krabi Hotels

Our Members Say

• Denay profile photo Denay
  • Reviews: 8

Oa Nang Hotel: Don't take the first hotel offered

This was the cheapest and nicest budget room we found...but you have to look for it, it is kind of hidden!

The best part was they offered $2 (Cdn) laundry service! And after travelling in the same three outfits for a month, clean clothes are more appreciated!

The view is not great, and the stairs are a bit tricky at 2 or 3 am. but the service was awesome and the rooms great (coffee maker, bottled water, air, no geckos, etc.)

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 20, 2005

View from the room

• sern profile photo sern
  • Reviews: 77

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Diamond Resort: good place to sleep

Diamond resort is located at East Railey . It provide wide range of rooms to suit your budget and needs. It has swimming pool and a restaurant serving good food. For non-air-cond double room, it cost around USD 10

• Written March 1, 2005

• gib157 profile photo gib157
  • Reviews: 97

Railey Viewpoint Resort: Railey Viewpoint Resort

I chose this accomodation as it was one of the cheapest places I was shown at the pier in Krabi. It is situated on Railey East which is not a beach worth noting really - mangrove trees and litter. I think I got a good deal as it was in the low season and pretty empty. Accomodation is cheaper on Railey East because of the beach. Railey West is much more stunning.

It is only a 5 minute walk to Railey West and about 10 to Hat Tham Pra Nang which a lot of people dont seem to realise is there!

The pool is very nice with great views, and the food in the restaurant was good. Western Blockbusters were shown on a big screen occasionally.

Nearby is some worldclass rock climbing as well as some interesting caves. The resort organises trips including a 4 island tour with snorkling for 600 baht which was very good fun.

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written January 26, 2005

Pool and Railey East

• alvis profile photo alvis
  • Reviews: 164

Baan Ban Da Lay: Baan Ban Da Lay

All rooms uniquely decorated with very unique bathrooms and a nice balcony with a great view to the beach. Really nice rooms with TV and UBC cable with over 40 channels unfortunatly no espn or starsports so was forced to watch the football elsewhere. Nice lobby and Italian restaurant overall a top class place loved it loads.
5 minutes walk to the beach.

Loved the bathroom!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Backpacking
  • Written December 21, 2004

balcony

• cubespider profile photo cubespider
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ya Ya resort, east rai leh, krabi: comftable, friendly and fun. cheap acom

Ya Ya restor is on the east side of the rai leh beaches. its much cheaper than staying on the stunning west side, the east side has no real beach, but mud flats. but its only 5 mins walk through to the west side beach.
Ya Ya is a great place to stay. there are three story wooden buildings and a campsite to stay in. i stayed on the second floor of one of the buldings. it had great character and was very comftable. most of the guests where in there 20-30s staying here because of the great activitys including climbing, diving, snorkaling, boat trips. at ya ya they run there own activitys at great value, and friendly guides. the resturant was ok, prices more pricey than i had been paying traveling thailand. but reasonable
they also show movies in the evenings.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Mountain Climbing, Beaches
  • Written April 17, 2004

my bed

• illa profile photo illa
  • Reviews: 225

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Travel & Accommodation Centre: Recommend a Trave Agency

To our surprise, the taxi driver brought us to this centre from Krabi Airport. We just wanted him to bring us to a accommodation directly, but he said there are too many so I'd better bring you to an agency.

He was right, the guy named "MEE" in the centre was very knowledgable about all the resorts, and hotels in Krabi and the types of trips. Everything was in is mind. He didn't need to check any documents to talk with you. He knew which hotel was closer to the beach, which one was under renovation of swimming pool so it could be a little noisy. And he offered discounts to the hotels, obviously better than walk-in price.

We finally got our satisfying resort on Railay Beach. The last day, we went on a kayaking and snorkling trip and directly returned to Ao Nang Beach afterwards, in order to catch the flight at night. Mee was very friendly and offered his place for us to take a shower...

I told him I'd tell friends about his place because I was very happy with his service.

Knowledgable
Friendly
Good price

• Written March 28, 2004

• mamasan69 profile photo mamasan69
  • Reviews: 154

K-GUESTHOUSE: ON MY SHORT VISIT

We only stayed here for one night, so it was short. The rooms were a little overpriced(400bht), but at the time very comfortable. We had just finished another bus/boat trip and a shower felt great when we got here.
The room is small but secure, clean and comes with a fan.
The staff at the K-Guest house were nice and helpful. Just after we arrived I noticed that I had lost my key to my bacpack lock, and needed to cut it off. Within minutes a young guy from behind the desk was hacking my lock off for me, and so I was back in action. It was a very nice gesture I thought. By this point in the trip, my brother and I had already gone through a few locks.
The laundry service here at the guest house was very fast. We left our laundry that night and it was ready for us by the time we left at 7:00am.

The front desk also arranges ferry trips to Ko Phi Phi and Ko Lanta from here. I can't remember the exact price to get to Phi Phi, but I believe it was about 400bht each.
They also do laundry but don't forget to make sure all of your pockets are empty. My brother made this mistake and it cost him 2000bht, he left in one of his pockets.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 27, 2004
Tip Photo

MY COUSIN PASSED OUT-Krabi.

• pehsan profile photo pehsan
  • Reviews: 179

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

blue ba you bungalows: simple and sweet bungalow

the room is very clean and equip with fan and mosquitoes net. this place is suitable for those back packers like me.

hey, has anyone seen my sand paper lamp? i leave it in one of the rooms... gosh...i've forgotten the room number :0(

2 mins walk to the beach rite infront of the bungalow...

• Related to: Backpacking, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written December 13, 2003

blue bayou bungalows

• AndreSTGT profile photo AndreSTGT
  • Reviews: 758

Noi's Guesthouse: Apartment in Ao Nang

While the beaches at Raileh are certainly nicer, i prefer to use Ao Nang as a base in this region, simply because there's a better selection of good-value accommodation.
Many of the guesthouses here rent out apartment-style rooms with luxuries such as fridge and TV, and our room at Noi's GH even had a large sea-view terrace. Rates are very negotiable during low season. We paid 300B (7€) per night.

• Related to: Beaches, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written November 17, 2003

room

• DarkRay profile photo DarkRay
  • Reviews: 154

Accomodation in Railay

If you like to stay in a more quiet and a less "touristy" place than Ao Nang, you should seriously consider staying in one of the resorts in Railay. The beach fronted ones along Railey West Beach include Railay Village Resort, Sand Sea Resort, and Railay Bad Resorts. Their rates are about the same as a 3-4 stars hotel in Ao Nang such as Phra Nang Inn.

The incredibly luxurious Rayavadee Premier Resort is located in Railay as well and occupy a very large area in it. The best thing about it is that it occupies a large portion of the back of the stunningly beautiful Phra Nang Beach. But with a rate of about US$600 per night, it is out of the league of most visitors.

The only drawback about staying in Railay is of course that if you need to get things which the resorts' minimarts do not provide, then you will have to take a long tail boat to Ao Nang. And the last long tail boat is at about 6.30pm.

The price below is for a superior or deluxe accomodation (single, twin, or double).

The sunset in Railay is certainly a wonderful sight to see.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written November 5, 2003

Inside Sand Sea Resort

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1280

Grand Tower Hotel: Grand Tower hotel

The Grand Tower Hotel is in the centre of Krabi town. Although most people stay near the beaches, they are easy to get to from town by Songthaew. The hotel has a single room for 120baht(£2). Food is cheap there too and they have a bar. breakfast is included.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 26, 2003

• Jez79 profile photo Jez79
  • Reviews: 158

Banyan Tree Resort: Comfort on a budget

Banyan Tree Resort is situated on the road that runs along the back of Ton Sai beach. Ton Sai is a quiet cove, and there are numerous cheap bungalow operations. Banyan Tree has some of the nicer bungalows in the area, and is in a nice, peaceful complex. The "resort" is basically a bungalow complex, with a restaurant, reception area and batik school. It has a very laid back feel, and is a fantastic place to chill out. The resort doesn't take bookings, so you're able to stay as long as you like.

The resort has simple bungalows about a hundred metre walk from Ton Sai beach. It is set in nice gardens, and has an outdoor restaurant with fantastic food. Each bungalow has a deck with table and chairs, attached bathroom with western toilet, sink and cold shower. The rooms have lights and fans, but the power is off from 7am to 6pm.

We had three people in a bungalow, which included two beds and a matress on the floor, a wardrobe and dressing table. The room is secure, but it's good to have a moquuito net, as the mozzies get in through the cracks in the walls. This bungalow was 600 Baht per night.

There is a number of bars and restaurants along the road near the complex, and along the beach front are a myriad of choices for food and drinks. There are also a number of places to get Thai and oil massage, or to hire/ buy climbing gear. You can also book tours and hire canoes from places along to beach.

Ton Sai is home to an alternative full moon party, and it's not uncomon for the bars to put on a party. The week we were there, there was a party almost every night. Banyan tree is great as it's close to everything but escapes the noise.

• Written April 13, 2003

Inside our room at Banyan Tree Resort

Nong Eed: all lit up!

During the day it really looked shabby downstairs, but at sunset and until about 10pm this walkway was beautifully lit up everynight with lots of little lights in the trees that lined it! An easy way to find it! Another easy way to find it was that it's just past the few pubs/bars catering to the tourist market just some 20meters or so away. As I had earplugs and loved the bed I had no trouble sleeping at all and the music stopped around midnight I think anyway. Funny thing is that it was otherwise very quiet. Unlike the gorgeous accommodation along the sea front which has non-stop roar of longtail boats all day long, as well as various bands and karaoke and other "entertainment" during dinnertime.

Nong Eed: the balcony

here I could sit and enjoy the last rays of the day as well as dry my clothes on the racks provided. Lucky for me the first two days I had no neighbours! Third night smokers moved in next door so that was the end of relaxing in the breeze on the porch... :P

my little balcony at Nong Eed Guesthouse

Nong Eed: the first 3 nights

When we first arrived in Ao Nang we were armed with the LP and first stop was the Peace Laguna Resort. It just looked so lovely and the setting really is. But the room within our budget (1000Baht) was a big disappointment when we just had a look. Dark, musty and no hot water or airconditioning and certainly no view. So we kept on searching going here and there with our backpacks in the heat. Everywhere the same, for that price we could only get musty fan rooms. I stumbled on the Nong Eed by accident, as I waited for my friends to come back and happened to be waiting in front of it.

The rooms downstairs are sad, but for the same price the ones on the second or third floor are lovely! Clean, cable TV, hot water and air-conditioning. We managed to barter down to 750Baht/night. Actually I slept better here than at the second place we moved to (see above: J-hotel) although the J-hotel was brighter and more modern and friendly. The bed and pillow here at Nong Eed were more to my liking! Also the tacky purple curtains kept out more of the light I think.

my room at Nong Eed guesthouse