P.P. Palmtree Resort

Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Krabi

Elephant rideElephant ride

"no-disturbance" sign board is uniquely designed"no-disturbance" sign board is uniquely designed

Ao NangAo Nang

The entry to the Nature TrailThe entry to the Nature Trail

Need advice where to stay ...Phuket....Krabi....PhiPhi?

by Timmychanga

Hi i need your help me and my friends will go to ChiangMai from March 15-17 then leave Chiangmai on the 17th to go to Phuket airport. We want to know where is the best place to stay for a 3N/4D (March 17-20). We are confused if we will stay in one of the beaches in Phuket or in Krabi or in PhiPhi Island. What we want is a not so expensive hotel (about 3star) but a decent one and is near the beach that is not so crowded and the water is clear and the sand is powdery white and it has wide shoreline. I'm suggesting that we stay in Loh Dalum Bay area because i've read in some websites that it has good hotels and it has good view. One website describes Loh Dalum Bay as breathtakingly beautiful - almost totally enclosed, it has very shallow water that get gets warmed by the sun to almost the temperature of a warm bath! However, my other friend wants to stay in Krabi bec. she's thinking that staying in Loh Dalum maybe too quiet. My other friend wants to stay somewhere in Phang-Nga Bay. My other friend wants to stay in Patong Beach bec. she thinks it has a nice beach. Since we can't decide where to stay I need your advice.

We don't intend to just stay on the beach. Definitely we will go to James Bond Island, Maya Bay, Phi Phi Lei. We want to snorkel and at the same time go kayaking or canoeing. If we stay in PhiPhi Island like in Loh dalum are there tours there we can get easily if we want to go island hopping and stop for some snorkelling? Or it is better to stay in one of the Krabi beaches because it has nicer beach and we can already snorkel there anytime without getting a snorkel tour?

Do you suggest that we just stay in Krabi and just take an island tour to see the PhiPhi Island and nearby surroundings to snorkel and kayak or the other way around...we stay in PhiPhi Island and take a tour going to Krabi beaches to snorkel and kayak/canoe?

Sorry if i have so many questions. I would really appreciate any feedback that can help us decide where to stay so we can maximize our vacation.

Re: Need advice where to stay ...Phuket....Krabi....PhiPhi?

by ajbrowne

Hi

I haven't been to Krabi but i have been to Phi Phi island and Phuket. In Phuket we stayed on Patong beach and really didn't like it. It was overun with tourist, everything was more expensive, the beach's sand area is large which is good but when we were there the water looked brown from all the grease. I think i might be a little fusy with beachs though because we have so many in Australia.
We loved Phi Phi island, night life isn't great there though. Snorkeling and diving is the best there though. I would recommend Phi Phi over Phuket.
Maybe Krabi would be best for all of you though. A happy medium

Have a good time!

Re: Need advice where to stay ...Phuket....Krabi....PhiPhi?

by bulldogtwo

Krabi is not bad but if you are looking for white powder beaches you need to go a lot further south. Krabi was nice and fun but the beaches were disappointing. You can get to some decent beaches on the islands near Krabi such as Chicken Isl but Krabi itself sits in an estauary which makes the water cloudier, not to mention that during low tide there is virtually 100's of feet of beach exposed. Patong isn't bad but the have a tendancy to be a bit more crowded than what we liked, even thought the waters are usually nice, warm and calm unless you go during a full moon, then the water is a bit rougher. Patong is busier as well many more clubs and business catering to the single and single guy crowd. Phi phi has great beaches and you can hire boats for snorkeling tours, not sure about the night life on PP. Hope that helped

Travel Tips for Krabi

DEET Will Be Your Friend

by ChrisRJ

Due to the chance of sudden showers at the most inconvienient times, it is useful to have a rain-proof cover for your backpack or other bag. Easy to slip over they'll prevent you looking for dry clothes in a place where they no longer exist. I like boots myself, but many just go with sneakers. Your Doctor can give you a 5 day prescription of Cipro before you leave, which is always handy to have just in case you end up with more than just a basic case of bad stomach.

Also, make sure that at the very least you bring 30% DEET. For those more prone to mosquito 'dive bombing' (such as myself) 100% DEET will become a welcome friend. Depending on what kind of places you plan on staying in a mosquito net is advised. Preferably one that is rectangular in shape as opposed to a cone.

Also, bring a small roll of twine, which will help you hang the net and if you really want to become McGuyver, bring a half dozen screw-in hooks. Makes it so much easier to find tying points for your net if you have some of them.

Flights by Nok Air - Real Thai low cost airline

by Wann

I didn't book any flights in advance, I just went to Suvannabhumi Airport. I looked for ticket counter of low cost airline. I walked to Nok Air counter to see if they had tickets availiable go to Krabi that morning. I brought round trip ticket for around 3,500 Baht. There is some low cost airline offer flights to Krabi, as I know is; Nok Air, One Two Go, Air Asia. Price is about the same. My trip with Nok(bird) Air was a good trip. I'd not hesitate to fly again with this airline...

Note: from 25 of March, 2007 All flight will operate from Don Muang Airport (The old Bangkok airport) .

Dining by the beach

by Jez79 about The Dream Bar

The Dream Bar has an attached restaurant area which serves a variety of Thai and Western foods. The food is good and reasonably priced, though the service is very slow. On of the waiters works days at the restaurant and nights at the bar, and seems to have happy hour numerous time throughout the day. If you have patience and a little time to spare, it's not a bad place to check out. Chicken with Cashews - one of my friends had this and said it was really good. The servings are big so you won't go hungry!

Lucky Lantern - New Year Eve at Krabi

by blacksnail

One of the highlights of our trip is the Lucky Lanterns.
Everyone gathers at the Aonang Beach to release the Lucky Lanterns, which u can buy at 100Baht, is a lantern that rise up to the sky.

It was very beautiful as there were hundreds of lantern rising up to the air...

Koh Tapoo AKA 'James Bond Island'

by M0B1US

For those of you who've seen 'The Man with the Golden Gun' starring Roger Moore and Christopher Lee as Scaramanga, the eponymous villian, this hunk of rock should be instantly recognisible to you!

In the movie, it represents Scaramanga's base however when you see it close up, you realise that it isn't actually a very large rock in itself and it is just the shape that is unusual.

Really once you get here there is actually nothing much to see, just the rock...

The main island, of which the James Bond Island is in a bay of, is quite interesting in that you can take a rocky trail from the mooring point where the souvenir stalls are to a long pier on the other side.

What is the point I hear you ask?

Well the real fun is the adventure in getting here as it is only accessible via longtail boat and the views of Ao Phang-Nga bay are simply stunning! Chances are, assuming you've been smart and are taking the James Bond Discovery Tour that this excursion is only the beginning of a wonderful day full of adventure and excitement...!

Comments