Peace Laguna Resort Krabi

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Peace Laguna Resort Krabi

the first 3 nights

by j-san about Nong Eed

When we first arrived in Ao Nang we were armed with the LP and first stop was the Peace Laguna Resort. It just looked so lovely and the setting really is. But the room within our budget (1000Baht) was a big disappointment when we just had a look. Dark, musty and no hot water or airconditioning and certainly no view. So we kept on searching going here and there with our backpacks in the heat. Everywhere the same, for that price we could only get musty fan rooms. I stumbled on the Nong Eed by accident, as I waited for my friends to come back and happened to be waiting in front of it. The rooms downstairs are sad, but for the same price the ones on the second or third floor are lovely! Clean, cable TV, hot water and air-conditioning. We managed to barter down to 750Baht/night. Actually I slept better here than at the second place we moved to (see above: J-hotel) although the J-hotel was brighter and more modern and friendly. The bed and pillow here at Nong Eed were more to my liking! Also the tacky purple curtains kept out more of the light I think.

live starfish!live starfish!

Hanging outHanging out

TailboatTailboat

Hong IslandHong Island

Child Friendly Accommadations

by robynehudson

Would like to go to Krabi during Christmas break. Looking for a hotel/villa/ bungalow that would be good with 2 young children (ages 3 and 6). Can anyone suggest a place? Doesn't necessarliy have to be a 5 star resort as long as it is safe and clean. Thanks!

Re: Child Friendly Accommadations

by Travelnerd

I highly recommend the Sunrise Tropical Garden at Railey Beach. Its outside Krabi and only reached by long tail boats. They have very nice bungalows at different sizes suitable for families. The resort is quite small and have a nice pool and a small but good restaurant. The resort is at the beach front and is very reasonably priced. I booked through differentworld.com. You can also arrange pick-up at the airport at their site.
This resort has become one of my favourites and I am definately going to return.

Rgds
Knut

Re: Re: Child Friendly Accommadations

by ultimateangling

Try the Peace Laguna Resort in Ao Nang.
Good pool, nice bungalows, very safe and quiet.

Re: Child Friendly Accommadations

by lancslass

We stayed a the Andaman Resort -3/4 star, which is outside Krabi - built on a hillside - but no real walking difficulties as paths were gently sloping. Lots of Bungalows on the lower slopes. Really clean and pretty place, wonderful staff, quiet area - few restaurants outside - but hotel offers excellent choice and very reasonable. There were young children staying when we went. Safe pool (shallow)- one of 3 - in a lagoon style next to lovely beach - coral in the sea a bit sharp though - had to wear shoes to go in. No sun beds on the beach - King does not allow - we were told one of his palaces overlooks. This does keep the beach clean etc. Can take a deck chair and shade under the trees though. Certainly a place that I would return to and recommend to anyone.

Travel Tips for Krabi

Rent car

by kyoub

We got a taxi from the airport to the hotel.
What were we thinking? We should have picked up a rent car.
The hotel is not close to much of anything.
If you want to see the country then you need wheels.
After a couple of days of reading and relaxing, we rented a car and drove all around.
The roads are in good condition and not much traffic except in Krabi town.

Monkey business

by clouds111

Every day around 5 in the evening at the southern end of Ao Nang beach families of monkeys appear out of the trees for feeding. Quite a few people gather around with fruit to feed them and watch their antics. They stay there for about an hour or so then disappear back where they come from. So cute!

Snorkelling

by gib157

I had come to Railey straight from Ko Tao where I had done some scuba diving. I went on a snorkelling trip from the railey viewpoint resort and noticed that the water visablitly was better here as well and the diversity of coral and fish species. The water was littered in places either by careless tourists of boat men.

Diamond Cave

by iNorv9

The path through Diamond Cave takes you to several incredible limestone formations as well as some enormous stalagmites and stalactites. The highlight is probably a huge golden sparkling "stone waterfall" of quartz. The cave isn't very large; a thorough visit takes only 15-20 minutes.

Bottom-line: Something to do if you have some downtime while at East Railay.

Comments