Private Beach Resort Nopparattara Beach

Banklongheang tambon Aonang, Amphur Muang, Krabi 81000, Thailand

Satisfaction Average

Good For No Data

More about Krabi

Sunset at AoNang beach/Auringonlasku AoNanginrannSunset at AoNang beach/Auringonlasku AoNanginrann

the stallsthe stalls

Railay from the long-tail boatRailay from the long-tail boat

mm....I love nanasmm....I love nanas

where can I buy a new lense for my nicon D40 in krabi

by lockemann

on my way from khao lak to ko lanta I could easily stop in krabi to buy a new lense for my camera (unfortunately spoiled). can anybody help me finding a store in krabi?

Re: where can I buy a new lense for my nicon D40 in krabi

by trasan

Hi, when we were in Krabi (Ao Nang beach) last year there was a Kodakshop on the shoppingstreet across the beach. Think it was in the middle of the street.. I bought one lens to my D40x. Half the price compered to Sweden.

Travel Tips for Krabi

General Map of Railay

by GracesTrips

This is not a detailed map but it will give you an idea of where the general points of interest are located. Hope it helps! Picture is taken from the link listed below.

To walk from Railay East to Railay West takes about 5 minutes. So, that should give you an idea how small this area really is. To walk from Railay to Phranang (Ao Pranang on the map) Beach is also about 5 minutes.

Go back to the intersection...

by AndreSTGT

... and turn right this time. This is the trail to the lagoon. Soon you will come to a steep and slippery descent, it looks quite hair-raising, but this is only the beginning, just hang on to the rope, but move quickly, there are some nasty red ants. Once the descend is over, you'll find yourself in the middle of a dark jungle-like spot, and this is where the fun really begins...

Nice Beach Restaurant

by Loops about Flame Tree Restaurant

This restaurant is on Railay beach. It is shady and clean and was always busy when we were there.

The food was a mixture of Thai and International. We had Thai and also things like pasta, burgers, sandwiches etc. Everything we had was tasty.

They even did packed lunches to take away. The creamy mushroom pasta was slightly on the expensive side but very tasty.

"Island of Rooms"

by illa

Hong Island (Island of rooms in Thai), Krabi, is my favourite. It is a perfect escape on holiday, with wonderful sand, shallow coral reefs, and breath-taking beauty. In the middle of the half-circle shaped island lies the secret lagoon, where you find yourself in nature heaven.

We booked a one day trip from an agency. First did Kayaking around the island, then beach picnick, after that we did snorkelling -- and swimming with hundreds of friendly tiger fish.

The speed boat goes there 09:00--15:00 daily.

Phet Cave

by Cathy&Gary

On the way back to Phuket from Krabi we decided to follow a little sign on the side of the main road (Highway 4) to the Phet Cave.

The name of this cave "Phet" means diamonds and is derived from the sparkling stone inside the cave that produces beautiful reflections on the cave walls just like glittering diamonds.

After quite a few kilometers down a small road we turn onto a track and follow it to the end, hoping we are going the right way as there have been no signs now for quite awhile.

Soon we come to a dead end - we are there!

We see a large shrine with lots of Buddha images in what looked like a big open cave, oh well it looks pretty!!. A monk then came out pointed to some torches and then over to the right, where we see a small opening in the mountain. We put some money in a donation box and off we went.

It started off so exciting, down the little rocky steps we went which then opened up into a huge cavern sparkling with diamonds – real ones of course!!

We kept going deeper (luckily we had noticed a cable running about 6ft above the ground and kept following it as that’s our way out).

There were turnoffs everywhere and it was very beautiful and eerie, large ponds of water, strange shuffling noises, we seemed to go into many caverns and so far so good until we came to an area where we had to get on our hands and knees to crawl through, no problems, after a few meters we can stand up again.

I’m sure Gary is thinking by now that this is not fun as it’s getting hotter and hotter.

Well the fun was about to start.

There was a small section where we had to walk extremely close to the cave wall as the actual floor area was very rocky, Gary was a few feet in front of me telling me to just follow him when he stopped and said something like “my god did you see that – the biggest spider I have ever seen.”

I’ve stopped dead in my tracks and I’m just looking at him saying “tell me where to put my feet as I’m not looking down at all”. I knew if I saw that spider that would be the end of me (I absolutely hate spiders). I focused on Gary and put my feet where he said and got to him. The worst part was knowing we had to pass it on the way out.
I wouldn’t even let him describe the monster to me.

Now I know what lives here I want out, I keep following Gary but now I’m boiling and puffing (probably out of fright)

We have been going down into the bowels of the earth for about 30mins, I think that’s enough, then we notice the cable we are following has ended, ok that’s enough – I want out of here right now, if I could run I would.

Once we had passed the spider again on the way out Gary kindly lets me know my foot was about 4 inches from the spider. Yikes soon we have to crawl again, what if I put my hand on one, I tell you the best thing I saw that day was when we went round a corner in the cave and I saw daylight, I virtually sprinted out of there.

We spent about an hour in the Phet Cave and it was beautiful with about 25 caverns (except for the spider which Gary said was the size of his hand!!)

UPDATE

We have been back again to the Phet Cave, we took my family there, needless to say we waited outside while they went in!!

More Photos of the Phet Cave here!,