Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi

Agoda.com Asiatravel.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Great Service, Friendly Staff

We were there from 11-18 Oct 2008, the tail-end fo the low season as I understand. The hotel is tucked away from the busy Ao Nang Beach area and is a good 13km away. However, here we found nicely decorated, large size rooms. The facilities were suitable for the family, kids club, gym, gym studio activities, tennis, and the largest swimming pool I have ever seen! Best thing is all these are complimentary. There is also a cooking school (probably with a fee). The breakfast spread was excellent, except that after 7 days, we felt that they could do with some daily variations. Freshly squeezed juices and don't miss their croissant and banana roti. We have dinner at the Thai restaurant, Wihte Lotus. Food was close to the best you can get but did not find anything really extraordinary.

Unique Quality: Largest swimming pool I have ever seen in a hotel. We played tennis twice there and the service was excellent. The staff dryed the court for us, prepared rackets, balls, towels and water for us before we stepped on to court. The Kids Club staff was really friendly. Only thing missing is a beach front. There is a road to cross before you get to the beach. On the plus side, there is a golf course.

More about Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi

Hotel in Krabi Thailand

by Ronario about Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf Resort Krabi

A luxurious five-star spa resort situated on an immaculate white sand Andaman beach and surrounded by pristine rainforest.

Very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member PhilSEngland

The Sofitel is a top class resort as long as you do not eat or drink there - not because the food is poor but because it is so expensive.
It is a great place to relax by the pool (which is absolutely huge!) or take a trip to Hong Island which is visible from the shore. Hong island is as good as Phi Phi but without all the people.

Good things about Sofitel Krabi :
- lovely large rooms with good furnishings and outlook
- first class staff ; all very friendly and professional
- huge pool with masses of sun loungers so even when the hotel is busy you still get some space
- good gym

No so good things about Sofitel Krabi :
- food and drink is too expensive. I strongly recommend walking up the road (left out of the hotel) past the Irish bar (Paddy's) to a restaurant called 'Mother's House' which does excellent and cheap Thai food
- other activities at the hotel, like renting one of their bicycles, is also expensive (e.g. it costs 100 Baht for an hour, yet up the road are many tour operators who will rent a motorbike for a day for only 300 Baht)
- the mosque is very near the hotel so there is a call to prayer at 5:30am. It only lasts for 10 mins so is not a big issue
- the beach at Khlong Muang is not a bathing beach ; there are many stones and shells on it. It is lovely for a stroll but not for bathing. That said the pool is so good anyway !

Overall, it is a great place to relax. Enjoy your trip.

Too Excellent For Words

by TripAdvisor Member handiwork

There are so many things I could say to try to express to you what an amazing time we had at the Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi, but none of them would do it justice. This resort is AMAZING. The most gorgeous, nicest place I've ever stayed and the chief contributor to the best vacation ever. I really can't say enough good things about it.

We checked into the Sofitel on Feb. 10 and stayed for 9 nights. We were sold the moment we walked into the soaring open-air lobby and they delivered our cold towels and lemongrass drinks, and if you aren't, I can't help you. The resort is located in Klong Muang, a quiet, isolated area 20 minutes from the kitschy hustle and bustle of Ao Nang, and that was exactly what we wanted.

The pool is the biggest I've ever seen. It never felt overcrowded. The hotel is set back a bit and above the beach, and we whiled away many an hour staring out at the glittering Andaman Sea. The beach itself isn't bad either -- Sofitel has obviously made some improvements, as the rest of Klong Muang is a pretty rocky. (If it's not your cup of tea, it's a quick ride to the Sheraton's beach at Ao Siew or the gorgeous Tubkaek.)

We ate most of our meals at the hotel and, yes, paid Western prices for them -- two things I've always been opposed to -- and I don't know how authentic the Thai food was, but I really didn't care. The food at the Thai restaurant was, truly, some of the best food I've ever put in my mouth. I have never felt so compelled to fawn over food. Also, if you're a breakfast person, the breakfast was comprehensive Thai-English-French-whatever you could possibly want.

The staff are almost all Thai and are unfailingly gracious and helpful. They got us a longtail boat to the Hong Islands, a car to the Tiger Cave Temple, and motorbikes when we wanted to go out on our own. The spa is equally amazing -- I was too chicken to try the Thai massage, but the aromatherapy massage was wonderful, and the facilities are to die for.

We loved our room as well. Comfortable bed (extra pillows we didn't even have to ask for), turn-down service, tub and stand-up shower, balcony complete with flowering tropical vine. The grounds are beautiful -- the scent of plumeria and incense I could never locate the source of permeated the air when we left the room every morning.

If you're interested in a more active vacation, the hotel runs a shuttle to Ao Nang four times a day for 100 baht each way, if you want to check out that area, and longtail boats from the beach will take you wherever.

On principle, I've never liked big resorts, but this one changed my mind. I hope to find this level of luxury at any place I stay from now on, big or small.

High standard but empty

by TripAdvisor Member Vejby

The hotel is new and big with an enormous pool. The rooms are very nicely decorated and the service is good. The main drawback is the location which is a bit off; there is a shuttle to Ao Nang, but it does not run very frequently, and with an occupancy of less than 30 % the week before Christmas, it was easy to feel isolated. The rates for food & beverage and internet access are far too high, but given the location there are not many choices. The pool are is fantastic, and with some more guests and atmosphere, it will probably be a great alternative!

Smart and slick

by TripAdvisor Member Gingercatlover

This is a large hotel about 20 minutes from Ao Nang. However this is not a big problem as there are shuttle buses about 4 times a day to and from the hotel to Ao Nang for 100 baht per person. Also you can get taxis very easily from Ao Nang - they are advertisied at 500 baht but it is negotaible.
Rooms are very nice and luxurious as you'd expect from a Sofitel.
The hotel pool is huge but designed in such a way to curve and twist so its quite pleasing on the eye. There are loads of sunbeds but they do get bagged quite early on so if you can't beat 'em,join 'em.
The mini- bar is eye-wateringly expensive, but there is a shop that sells beer a few moments walk from the hotel gates. Also there are a few restaurants just outside the gates but we did not try but heard good reports.
We ate in the buffet dinner one night but even though it was advertised to finish at 11pm, they started taking away food at 10.15.
the reception staff were very friendly but did have a few problems understanding their English.
The hotel has a taxi service but its about twice the price of the town taxis, so do book one from town in advance of your departure. We did this and they came bang on time, very reliable

Not quite right yet

by TripAdvisor Member prhjones

Big new resort. Fantastic room, large, spacious, comfortable with plenty of comfy furniture to sit on. Fantastic comfy bed / bedding. Lovely balcony with views out to the sea / sunset. Great bathroom. Staff very friendly and hard working. BIG big pool. However, we were there during high season (Christmas) paying peak rates. Unfortunately, even at 70% capacity (and this rose to 100%) hotel struggling with numbers, slow to check in and check out. Not enough beds around the pool. Difficult to get a table at breakfast at certain times. Staff very hard working, but they need to employ more. Paying premium rates, unfortunately did not result in premium service. Meals at the hotel and trips organised by the hotel are very expensive as was the Spa. If you get out of the hotel and walk a few minutes, plenty of cheaper options for food, booking trips.

No response from this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tashca

We where trying to book this hotel whilst travelling - we sent them an email 1 week prior to the dates we wanted to stay and they got back in touch 2 weeks later (we where actually back in England!)

We saw the hotel when we toured around - it is quite isolated from the main resorts. It looks like this area in general is still being rebuilt. The beaches where lovely and quiet.

Loved It

by TripAdvisor Member jeanwalkwalk

Four of us just got back from a weeks stay at this hotel. It is by far the fanciest hotel we have ever stayed at. The rooms were beautiful and all have an incredible view of the pool and the ocean. All the services at the hotel were a little pricey for us and the beach across the street was not the best for swimming but the pool was the nicest any of us have ever used. We ate almost all our meals at a restaurant down the highway. Very cheap and very good food. Would love to stay at this hotel again one day. Two days at home and I really miss their beautiful pillows and all the beautiful white bedding. One tiny complaint... the beds are a little hard. One of our best holidays ever. WE LOVE THAILAND!!

Best service

by TripAdvisor Member AngelaThailand

We stayed here for four nights the hotel is set in beautiful grounds with the most amazing swimming pool. Staff here were attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Management were very much in evidence with a very positive hands on approach (Clare) and as such were ever solicitous of our enjoyment. The rooms were spacious and modern with wonderful bathrooms. The breakfasts were wonderful. Reasonable transport provided by the hotel for a small fee. Would recommennd

Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf Resort KrabiSofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf Resort Krabi

Help in finding honeymoon accomodation in Krabi

by annie2009

Hi,

We are coming on honeymoon to Thailand in March and plan to spend 2-3 days in Krabi. Our budget is around 3000-4000 TBH but can extend it a bit more if the accommodation is very good. A few friends who have been there suggested below hotels to us:

Krabi Resort
Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf & Spa Resort
Sunrise Tropical Resort Railey
Railey Beach Princess Hotel

Can you pls advise how they are.. any other recommendations are also welcome.

Thanks very much for your help
Annie.

by brotherleelove

I've been to Thailand 4 times. If you're going all the way to Krabi why not go just a bit further, out to one of the nearby islands? Koh Lanta has some excellent small luxury hotels including the Pimalai Resort, and the Fantasy Resort on Koh Hai has one of the most beautiful beachfronts I've ever seen, with powdery white sand, beautiful crystal-clear water and spectacular views of the offshore karsts. You can get to Koh Ngai from Koh Lanta or from further down the coast below Krabi from the Pak Meng Pier near Trang.

by pecaspat

I have been in Thailand twice. One of them in Krabi. I stayed in Railay and I think was a great decision. In Railay you will feel in Paradise...I loved the beautiful lime stone setting, their beaches...

A nice and affordable hotel is

I'm really looking forward to come back there!

I hope this helps!

by joobjib_m

Railay Village Resort,

A very good hotel! Best hotel in Railey, Good location, very nice room. I think the hotel properly for honeymooner. Nice swimming pools, also shops, Internet service, nice spa.

by Cha_Cha

Sunrise Tropical Resort Railay was my favourite hotel and very good service and excellent value overall. We had a Tropical Chalet room which overlooked the pool that was quiet, private and very clean. Nice pool in garden surrounds. Breakfast was okay but with limited choice. Location is excellent - only a few minutes walk to Railay West yet near all the restaurants etc on Railay East. Highly recommended." So... the one is suitably for Honeymooner too...

Enjoy !!!

by peter_croub1122

We spent 6 nights at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang Krabi for our honeymoon and it was absolutely fabulous. They upgraded us to the honeymoon suite. the staff were extremely sweet and helpful. The resort is only a short walk to the beach which is good because you're away from the crowds that hit the beach.

The buffet breakfast was quite a spread.

The only thing is that they dont have any lifts, so if you have trouble climbing stairs then you might not want to stay here...but other than that it was a great hotel.

Comments